Ruth's Chris Steak House maintains a modest U.S. presence and a widespread international presence, which combine to boast more than 140 locations in operation across the country. Job seekers in search of restaurant work with the popular steakhouse may easily find part-time and full-time opportunities in serving, hosting, food prep, and management.
Facts About Working at Ruth's Chris Steak House
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ruth's Chris Steak House?)
Available Positions: Server, Bartender, Host/Hostess, Dishwasher, Busser, Day Cleaner, Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, General Manager, Sales Manager, Regional Field Trainer
Ruth’s Chris Steak House Job Opportunities
In addition to U.S. locations, Ruth’s Chris Steak House manages several international properties. Total operations number roughly 100 restaurants throughout the world. The widespread accessibility of the steakhouse chain provides ample opportunities for interested job hopefuls to find employment. Each location adheres to corporate standards of quality food and generous hospitality. Workers must meet expectations upon hire and provide exceptional customer service while maintaining professional levels of behavior toward both guests and coworkers.
Applicants must understand the vision of founder Ruth Fertel in order to fully grasp responsibilities and the undertaking of working for the steakhouse. The original concept interwove commitment to excellence as part of everyday operations. Upon hire, associates must demonstrate attention to detail and work under pressure to create unparalleled menu items and offer memorable guest services. Many positions feature flexible, part-time hours, while others consist of full-time schedules. Applicants interested in culinary or supervisory careers often find work as sous chefs or restaurant managers. The restaurant chain even offers opportunities in the company corporate offices, although hiring requirements vary greatly from restaurant-level jobs to corporate careers.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House Employment and Pay Scales Information
The steakhouse chain sets the minimum hiring age for employment consideration at 16 for entry-level jobs and 18 for managerial careers and specific positions in the restaurant kitchens. Applicants may need to meet other hiring requirements for positions in management and the culinary arts, such as holding high school diplomas, related experience, and motivated personalities. Some of the most common job titles for hire include:
- The position of host/hostess requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Job duties primarily revolve around taking care of guest needs.
- Specific tasks carried out daily include taking reservations, seating guests, answering questions about hours of operation and menus, and bidding patrons farewell.
- Cheery, positive, personable, and approachable individuals make ideal candidates for host/hostess positions.
- Employees must remain professional and diligent at all times.
- Hosting jobs often involve performing prep duties, such as folding napkins and cleaning silverware.
- The hourly position generally starts employees off at minimum wage.
- Like host/hostess positions, server jobs require workers to demonstrate extreme professionalism throughout given shifts.
- Genial, attentive, and energetic individuals represent favorable personality types screened for during the hiring process.
- No experience proves necessary to assume the entry-level job.
- Servers also assist in remedial tasks like table prep.
- Memorization skills and attention to detail prove beneficial for employment, as well.
- Servers earn state minimum wage for tipped employees and receive gratuities for excellent service.
- Hourly pay often floats between $10.00 and $14.00 with tips included.
- Applicants with culinary backgrounds and at least two years of experience in a related position should take interest in available sous chef jobs.
- Each restaurant staffs sous chefs to oversee menu offerings, entry-level cooks, meal preparations, and working conditions.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House requires college degrees, with a minimum of an associate’s degree, in order to work for the chain.
- The position involves a great deal of standing and lifting.
- Applicants must feel comfortable lifting between 30 and 40 lbs. on a regular basis and working on foot.
- Candidates with work histories tailored to fine dining may receive preferential treatment during formal review for the job.
- Base pay for sous chefs falls around $35,000 a year and rises to more than $85,000 annual salary for experienced and tenured culinary artists.
- Opportunities available in managerial capacities include sales manager, kitchen manager, assistant general manager, and general manager titles.
- Workers may access managerial careers through the traditional hiring and application process or via promotion based on strong work performance.
- Recruitment personnel typically look for individuals with two to three years of experience in the restaurant industry, apparent desires to grow with the company, the ability to relocate, if necessary, and customer-oriented personalities.
- Managers usually work full-time. Duties may include hiring and training new workers, setting sales goals, implementing marketing initiatives, processing shipments and ordering supplies, and ensuring food quality.
- Backgrounds in the culinary arts may benefit prospective employees.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House managers enjoy annual salary options anywhere between $35,000 and up to $70,000 or $80,000 for general managers.
Tips For Applying
Applicants looking for entry-level Ruth’s Chris Steak House jobs must visit the preferred location of employment and fill out hiring forms in person. The steakhouse only offers online applications for careers in management and food prep, namely executive chef positions. In both instances, applicants must provide detailed and accurate information in order to gain formal review. Tying personal experiences and professional histories to the desired job title may assist workers in impressing hiring personnel. Potential employees looking for long-term careers with the chain should consider attaching resumes and cover letters to the formal documents, as well.
Entry-level workers must check on application status in person or over the telephone, while candidates in the running for managerial or chef roles possess the ability to review the status of applications online. A few days after submitting the necessary hiring forms, workers should take the appropriate measures and either contact hiring personnel or make a personal visit to the local Ruth’s Chris Steak House and inquire about the next steps in the hiring process. The hiring process for management and chef positions may take as long as three or four months to complete. Candidates should exercise patience and limit contact with hiring personnel to reasonable amounts. Most entry-level workers pass through formal review within a day or two.
Benefits of Working at Ruth’s Chris Steak House
The renowned steakhouse chain offers employees excellent work benefits upon hire. Entry-level staff and full-time professionals alike receive competitive pay, meal discounts, and flexible scheduling options. Qualified associates, typically individuals working full-time, also receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Short- and long-term disability coverage, and
- Access to profit sharing schemes.
Workers also enjoy paid training and ongoing development programs.
More Information on Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Due to the high-class dining atmospheres of the restaurant chain, Ruth’s Chris Steak House proves a popular destination among patrons for holidays and various other celebrations. The steakhouse regularly offers special promotions and menu items for various holidays. Common occasions guests frequent the restaurant for include Easter, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, graduations, and birthdays. The special deals offered by the chain usually extend through holiday weekends after beginning mid-week and often include limited-time-only dishes and special pricing on favorites.