Sam’s Club is a chain of warehouse-type stores and one of the largest retailers in the United States. Owned and operated by Walmart, there are more than 600 members-only locations across the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Facts About Working at Sam's Club
Minimum Age to Work at Sam's Club: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Sam's Club?)
Sam's Club Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-8:30pm; Sun: 10:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Sam's Club: Car attendant, cashier, retail manager, stocker, warehouse worker
Sam’s Club Employee Interview VideosListen to employees describe what it is like to work for Sams Club
Available Sam’s Club Job Opportunities
To begin their careers with Sam’s Club, prospective employees can find applications for entry-level positions online. Easygoing personalities and can-do attitudes are the hallmarks of a successful employee.
No Experience Necessary
Previous experience in retail, sales, and customer service is not necessary to be considered for jobs.
Sam’s Club values workers who put customer service first. Flexibility is also valued because of the many responsibilities necessary to keep such a large operation running smoothly.
Sam’s Club Positions and Salary Information
There are many positions to fill in these massive stores. There are abundant full- and part-time opportunities, as most jobs are open to anyone 16 and older. Common entry-level jobs with the retailer include:
- These positions involve checking items at the register, taking payments, and interacting with customers.
- A helpful, courteous disposition is necessary as Sam’s Club cashiers are often the public face of the store.
- Starting pay rates begin at $10.00 per hour.
- Read the Sams Club cashier job description.
- Stockers at Sam’s Club are responsible for getting product on the shelves and priced correctly in a consistent, orderly fashion.
- These employees embrace physical work, as the sizes and weights of items can vary greatly.
- Starting hourly wages are $8.00 and up.
- Stocking position job description
- Sam’s Club managers are in charge of guiding and motivating strong, collaborative teams.
- These leaders develop and implement innovative ways to drive sales. Salary packages can top $50,000 annually.
Tips for Applying
Job seekers will find current openings on the company website. Application forms are also available in store, while many retail locations even have convenient computer kiosks that allow individuals to apply for jobs on site.
Applicants are encouraged to check the company’s online job portal for updates. Hiring managers may also contact hopefuls by telephone for interviews. Many candidates report hearing back in less than a week.
Job Benefits at Sam’s Club
Full-time employee benefits include:
- Paid Vacations
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Coverage
- Participation in the Company’s 401(k)
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Purchases
- Life and Disability
Information about Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club is making sustainability a priority. The company has set goals to be powered by 100-percent renewable energy by 2020 and create zero waste. It also is committed to selling products that are environmentally friendly.