Schnucks grocers operate throughout the Midwest United States. Applicants searching for work with an established supermarket should take advantage of available jobs now. The sizeable network of grocery stores features more than 100 locations, which provide widespread opportunities for employment in five states. Especially prominent in the greater St. Louis area, the regional chain represents an ideal place for both rural and urban job seekers to find work.
Facts About Working at Schnucks
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Schnucks?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Bagger, Stock Clerk, Customer Service Representative, Assistant Manager, Manager, Checker, Bakery Clerk, Deli/Seafood Clerk, Food Service Clerk, Meat Clerk, Stock Clerk, Store Porter/Janitor, Fuel Center Clerk, Compliance Officer, Staff Pharmacist, Float Pharmacist, Certified Pharmacy Technician
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Schnucks Job Opportunities
During the hiring process, Schnucks screens applicants for the basic traits of kindness, efficiency, attention to detail, diversity, professionalism, and creativity. Departments like floral and bakery work serve as perfect fields for creative and detail-oriented individuals to find jobs. Applicants who exude friendly, courteous, and attentive personalities able to work quickly may take interest in available front-end or sales positions. Job hopefuls should also possess working knowledge of brand names, organic foods, and off brand products as well as ingredients, as the retailer regularly stocks gluten-free and dairy-free products for individuals with food sensitivities.
The privately owned supermarket chain takes care in hiring motivated and dedicated individuals. The chain of stores stays open 24 hours in most areas, which requires applicants able to work irregular schedules and fill various, overnight roles. Entry-level jobs and professional careers available with the Midwest grocer feature flexible hours, paid training, opportunities for development and promotions, and competitive starting pay. Workers also gain access to employee benefits packages featuring perks like financial planning assistance, medical expense coverage, and time off.
Schnucks Positions and Salary Info
Hiring requirements for Schnucks entry-level jobs typically includes meeting the minimum age of 16 and possessing team-oriented work ethics. Applicants generally need to satisfy no other qualifications for employment consideration, unless vying for managerial positions or specialized roles within the company, which may require individuals 18 and over with prior, related work histories. Jobs for hire regularly include:
- The job duties of Schnucks stock clerks feature work across all store departments.
- Primary responsibilities of stock clerks associates include rotating out products, straightening and organizing shelves, setting out new merchandise, and offering customer service when needed.
- Applicants must possess the ability to lift at least 75lbs. and maintain good health while carrying out regular manual labor.
- The position involves loading and unloading of shipments, as well.
- Hours may fluctuate, with some employees assuming overnight roles with the grocery store chain.
- An entry-level employment opportunity, stock clerks earn between minimum wage and $11.00 an hour.
- Quick, efficient, and energetic individuals with friendly, positive attitudes represent ideal candidates for checker/cashier jobs.
- Schnucks cashiers work store frontends and operate computerized cash registers at the checkout.
- Primary tasks include processing payments and price checking items as needed.
- The position predominantly features part-time schedule availability.
- Minimum wage often proves typical for base pay, with experienced cashiers earning around $9.00 or $10.00 per hour.
- Managerial and administrative positions available at Schnucks grocery stores provide both full-time and part-time schedule capabilities.
- Applicants must meet the minimum standards of holding high school diplomas and related experience for employment consideration.
- Individuals 18 and over may assume supervisory or managerial jobs featuring competitive base pay starting around $30,000 a year and rising to more than $80,000 with experience.
- Customarily, managers supervise entry-level workers and carry out various other organizational job duties, such as processing payroll, providing customer service support, motivating employees, hiring on help, and tracking inventories and sales.
- Additional responsibilities may vary by department.
Tips For Applying
A popular Midwestern grocer, Schnucks hires on new workers through job fairs, online career portals, and traditional paper applications. Regardless of the method used to apply, candidates should research any positions of interest and prepare the appropriate information to showcase skills and abilities. Misrepresentation of abilities or omission of any required information may result in dismissal from applicant pools. The hiring forms usually take between 30 and 40 minutes to fill out accurately.
Job applicants usually complete the Schnucks hiring process in a couple of weeks. However, employee referrals can reduce average time tables down to a handful of days. Individuals can check on the status of their applications by calling, emailing, or personally visiting stores. Workers should keep in touch with hiring managers, even if they don’t receive interview invites or job offers immediately. The Midwest supermarket historically keeps applications on file for several weeks after initial review.
Benefits of Working at Schnucks
Upon hire, Schnucks employees enjoy set pay increases, advancement opportunities into long-term careers, amendable scheduling options, and friendly work environments. The grocery store chain also offers associates paid vacation and healthcare coverage. Workers must satisfy mandated qualifying periods in order to receive healthcare and vacation time. 401(k) retirement plans also stand readily available to eligible employees.
More Information on Schnucks
Schnucks grocery stores offer a wide range of traditional supermarket services. In addition to well-known and expected conveniences many modern grocers offer, the St. Louis-based chain provides in-store, global money transfer services. Customers who wish to send friends or family money may utilize the MoneyGram program at each location. Patrons use the service to pay bills, wire money, and transfer money from the convenience of the local grocery store. Customers may load prepaid cards and even cellphones using MoneyGram, as well.
christina price says:
I worked for Schuncks in he past. I worked the G/m department, liquor department, bakery, and ect. I loved the job I had. I left due to moving away.
I submitted an application. Is there a way to contact the hiring manager (s) instead for just waiting for updates on their application website?
Daniel K. Reynolds says:
Worked for the BUTLER HILL Schnucks during the summer of 2017 as a part time NIGHT PORTER. Assigned to clean & scrub floors in Seafood, Kitchen, and Bakery areas. Occassionally mopping out produce area. Cleaned restrooms and breakroom, too. Helped customers as needed when needed. Enjoyed my work as porter at night.
PS: I’m a RETIRED Postal Service custodian with 28 yrs.