With approximately 13,000 employees and 7,000 company-owned or franchised locations across the United States, ServiceMaster and subsidiaries offer numerous entry-level roles to energetic, motivated, and self-starting individuals due to continued company growth and expansion into new territories.
Facts About Working at ServiceMaster
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at ServiceMaster?)
Available Positions: Cleaning Specialist, Branch Sales Professional, Sales Representative, Dispatcher, Scheduler, Office Manager, Project Manager, Water and Fire Restoration Technician, Operations Manager, Executive Assistant, Business Development Manager, Director - National Sales, Director - Business Development, Marketing Manager, Sales Coordinator, Business Development Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
ServiceMaster Job Opportunities
ServiceMaster focuses on both residential and commercial services including professional home cleaning, pest control, disaster response, and janitorial services. Operating in various industries and running multiple corporate locations and franchises opens up plentiful positions for eager job seekers. Interested candidates may fill out online job applications for roles as housekeepers, technicians, telesales, office work, and customer service roles. Such positions become available with regularity and offer comprehensive pay, on-the-job training, flexible scheduling, and work benefits.
As a leader in various services for both the home and business, ServiceMaster must hire employees with professional attitudes, aptitudes for working with the public, and desires to work as a team. The company prefers to promote from within; however, career-focused individuals stand encouraged to apply for management positions. Additional education or experience may prove necessary to earn consideration for managerial roles. Typically, most positions only require employees to stand at least 18 years of age and hold a high school diploma to earn hiring consideration.
ServiceMaster Positions and Salary Information
ServiceMaster maintains quality employees and therefore offers a strong work and life balance. Entry-level workers remain encouraged to fill out job applications for the following readily available positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Responsible for answering incoming phone calls, responding to customer inquiries, and territory scheduling, a customer service representative wears many hats depending on the business and location.
- Employees may also need to check incoming emails and other internet inquiries from potential customers in addition to regular duties.
- Customer service representatives typically work either full- or part-time and earn starting pay around $14.00 an hour.
- Workers should display high attention to detail, the ability to function in a high-volume call center, and respond to customers in kind, courteous manners at all times.
- Working in roles similar to customer service representatives, an office assistant acts as a liaison between clients, customer service representatives, and sales teams.
- Additionally, an office assistant, sometimes called an administrator, performs data entry, collections, route optimization, and other problem-solving duties.
- Other tasks may include preparing bank deposits, maintaining customer files electronically, and other clerical support.
- An office assistant tends to earn around $15.00 an hour.
- A dispatch associate must answer all incoming calls from customers and make outgoing calls to client bases in order to correctly send appropriate service technicians into the field.
- Employees must possess strong interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Earning hourly wages at or near $15.00, dispatchers should possess experience in a related field, such as HVAC, appliance, plumbing, pest control, or janitorial work, though lack of experience may not disqualify candidates from available positions.
- A dispatch associate may work both full-time and part-time schedules depending on need, experience, and tenure.
Tips For Applying
The most efficient way to apply for positions with the service-oriented industry leader remains joining the online company talent network. Potentials may create online profiles by registering valid email addresses and passwords in order to search and apply for multiple positions. Candidates answer pre-employment questions before filling out virtual application forms. Answer all questions honestly and complete each section accurately to avoid disqualification. Gathering all hiring materials ahead of time may help expedite the application process.
Depending on the position applied for and the number of applications received, contact from recruiters may occur anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after submission. Hiring personnel may use phone screenings or email to set up initial interviews. Due to the high volume of applicants, contacting locations of hire directly remains discouraged. Instead, applicants remain encouraged to log in to the company talent network and check on application statuses, as the company frequently updates job postings.
Benefits of Working at ServiceMaster
ServiceMaster offers employees robust job benefits programs in addition to competitive pay, frequent performance-based raises, training, recognition programs, and abundant opportunities for career growth. As the company depends on employee good will, paid time off, including vacation time and holiday pay remain available to all eligible associates, as well as discount programs, leave of absence policies, and professional consultations. Associates also enjoy access to various medical benefits, including:
- Healthcare options
- Vision and dental plans, and
- Prescription medicine programs.
The service-oriented company rewards employees with enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans, as well.
Further Information about ServiceMaster
The major service provider remains involved in various organizations and causes in order to better serve communities around the country. The company and employees donate time and products to many nonprofit organizations in order to encourage sustainability and remain a viable part of the communities served. The company regularly encourages employees to find new initiatives to foster cultures of giving, in addition to company-sponsored volunteer programs.
TERANCE Moore says:
I haven’t been employed but a short period of time but so far I love what I’m doing and really glad to be on the Service Master team it’s a great job and I love the hours I work I would recommend anyone to a wonderful way to make some money and my co workers are GREAT!!
Dameion Stewart says:
How do I start applying