Sherwin Williams, the third-largest paint producer in the world, hires dedicated employees to join a family of over 45,000 workers in more than 4,000 retail outlets, manufacturing centers, and corporate offices.
Facts About Working at Sherwin-Williams
Minimum Age to Work at Sherwin-Williams: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Sherwin Williams?)
Sherwin-Williams Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 7:00am-6:00pm; Sat: 8:00am-5:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-2:00pm
Available Positions at Sherwin-Williams: Decorator, Driver, Owner-Operator Drivers, Sales Associate, Warehouse Associate, Assistant Manager, Manager, Administrative Assistant
Sherwin-Williams Interview Videos
Sherwin-Williams Job Opportunities
Named among the Fortune 100 best companies to work for, Sherwin Williams maintains a strong commitment to the employees who make global success possible. A family-like culture promotes friendly work environments with plenty of growth opportunities. The paint producer recognizes the achievements and successes of workers by ensuring 90% of managerial and supervisory positions come from promoting current employees. Ongoing personal and professional development programs help promising associates build the skills necessary for continued career advancement.
The company hires diverse, talented associates to pursue challenging and rewarding careers in the fields of management, sales, finance, transportation, manufacturing, and marketing. Entry-level jobs require little in the way of previous work experience or education and prove excellent stepping stones toward careers in the hardware industry. Most positions at Sherwin Williams retail locations and manufacturing centers require candidates to stand at least 18 years of age.
Sherwin Williams Employment Openings and Pay Info
Prospective workers who enjoy interacting with people on a daily basis may find part-time retail jobs at Sherwin Williams. Entry-level positions leading into full-time careers also exist. Individuals may complete online application forms for the following roles:
- Sales associates represent the main points of contact with customers at retail storefronts.
- By guiding customers through the paint buying process using expert advice and extensive knowledge of Sherwin Williams products and services, employees support store sales efforts at retail and wholesale levels.
- Associates handle transactions, prepare appropriate paperwork, and tint or mix various paints based on customer specifications.
- Additional duties may include maintaining clean storefronts, assembling product displays, and stocking shelves as well as assisting with deliveries.
- Base qualifications require candidates to stand at least 17 years of age, hold high school diplomas, valid driver’s licenses, and possess the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- In order to tint and mix paints properly, candidates must not be colorblind.
- Average salary packages for full-time and part-time workers offer hourly wages at pay rates between $10.00 and $11.00.
Decorative Product Specialist
- The responsibility of assisting retail customers in selecting and purchasing decorative items such as wall coverings, window treatments, and faux finishing materials falls to decorative product specialists.
- Holding valid driver’s licenses, excellent communication skills, and good color perception qualifies part-time workers to earn pay rates upwards of $13.00 an hour.
- Duties include maintaining wall covering and window treatment inventories and store displays, tinting and mixing colors to suit customer demands, and assisting sales associates with additional retail tasks.
- Additionally, workers frequently operate equipment, such as pallet jacks and hand trucks, while moving up to 50 pounds of paint related materials.
- Delivery drivers generally work part-time and earn hourly wages starting at $10.00.
- Employees must possess valid driver’s licenses and clean driving records.
- Work schedules may necessitate evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Staff members perform such tasks as preparing and conducting deliveries of paint, adhering to workplace safety regulations while loading trucks, and assisting fellow team members with warehouse duties and storefront activities.
- Preferred candidates hold high school diplomas, possess the ability to frequently lift 100 pounds, and demonstrate previous experience in retail, customer service, or delivery positions.
Tips For Applying
In order to obtain part-time jobs at Sherwin Williams or find entry-level positions which may lead to promising full-time careers, qualified employment seekers may complete online application forms. The process begins with registering for an online job profile and submitting a resume in ten steps, including answering job-specific questions, accepting legal terms, and entering personal information. Prospective associates may also apply in person by turning in application forms or resumes to store managers at local retail establishments.
Available options for checking on the statuses of applications include calling desired store locations, emailing hiring personnel, or conducting in-person visits to speak directly to management. Candidates who apply online for corporate positions or manufacturing jobs hold fewer options to check on application statuses. Recruiters generally contact such applicants through email within a few days to move forward with the interview process.
Employee Benefits at Sherwin Williams
With some of the best professional development programs in the industry and one of the most recognized brand names in the world, Sherwin Williams jobs prove excellent starting points for career-minded individuals. The employer offers generous job benefits to valued workers in order to promote healthy work/life balances, encourage happiness, and reward productivity. Eligible associates receive employment benefits, such as:
- Healthcare coverage with medical insurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- Company pension plans
- 401(k) retirement savings plans
- Paid time off for holidays
- Paid vacations
- Employee discounts
- Tuition aid
- Adoption assistance, and
- Life insurance.
Additional Details on Sherwin Williams
In an effort to address humanitarian injustices propagated by the sale of minerals such as tin, tungsten, titanium, and gold from countries including the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia, The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act encourages companies to purchase minerals from other sources and mandates strict reporting of minerals obtained from conflict countries. As many production processes require the use of such minerals, Sherwin Williams stands legally obligated to report the usage of minerals which originate from conflict areas in Africa, and requires suppliers to abide by ethical sourcing policies.