Shiekh Shoes began in 1991 and continues to grow from a central location in California to include new stores throughout the American West, Southwest, and Midwest. As the company expands, the need for new employees grows in areas like customer service, sales, and store management.
Facts About Working at Shiekh
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Shiekh Shoes?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Shiekh Shoes Job Opportunities
Primarily located in shopping malls, Shiekh Shoes onboards friendly, customer-oriented, and driven individuals with interests in both retail and shoes. Entry-level employees work in various roles, mainly as sales associates, stock associates, and as cashiers. Primarily responsible for interacting with customers and building sales, workers must meet consistent sales goals, as well. In order to apply, entry-level applicants rarely need to meet more than minimal hiring requirements. For applicants living in California, opportunities at the company centralized warehouse remain available, as well.
The shoe regional shoe retailer routinely seeks new candidates to fill managerial positions within the company. Prior experience within the retail industry as well as in supervising others remains preferable when hiring managers although not always necessary. The company characteristically promotes from within, as associates may rise to team leader or shift leader positions. Managers maintain responsibility for meeting sales expectations and must also build and retain effective and efficient teams of subordinate employees.
Shiekh Shoes Positions and Salary Information
The minimum hiring age stands at 17 years, while most managerial positions require applicants 18 and over with the additional need of high school diplomas or GEDs to gain consideration. Prior experience in similar industries regularly benefit potentials in applying for the following readily available positions:
- Working primarily in part-time and seasonal capacities, sales associates act as the face of the shoe retailer.
- Daily tasks include interacting with and selling merchandise to customers.
- Other duties may include restocking and replenishing items to maintain displays, taking various forms of payment utilizing point of sale systems, and actively using suggestive-selling techniques to maximize sales.
- Employees in sales associate roles perform repeated actions daily, such as bending, lifting, standing, and climbing.
- A sales associate usually earns hourly pay around minimum wage.
- Managers must perform various duties and assume multiple roles in order to maximize profits and minimize loss.
- With both assistant managers and store managers working together to perform administrative tasks, the shoe retailer regularly promotes from within to maintain strong and viable working teams.
- Managers hire, train, schedule, and coach subordinate employees as well as provide expertise in customer service practices and merchandising.
- Additionally, supervisors must initiate corporate mandates, promotions, and sales.
- Managers typically earn yearly salary options near $40,000.
Tips For Applying
Shiekh Shoes offers applicants a straightforward and relatively easy online application process. Interested candidates simply fill out an online form on the company website using name, contact information, and the option to include cover letters and resumes. Aspirants choose from a drop down menu for positions and locations before submitting hiring forms. Applicants remain encouraged to provide as much pertinent information as possible in order to stand out from other candidates and may download the employment application directly if so desired.
As a growing, regional company, Shiekh Shoes may not respond to every application directly. Instead, hiring managers often focus callback efforts on suitable candidates for available positions. Candidates may choose to contact stores of hire directly, either through email or phone in order to check application status prior to receiving contact from company hiring personnel. Job seekers wishing to visit stores in person may also ask to speak to managers directly. Dress accordingly, as on-the-spot interviews may occur.
Benefits of Working at Shiekh Shoes
Eligible employees may receive additional work benefits beside flexible hours, competitive pay, and opportunities for professional advancement. Such job benefits may include:
- Dental and vision insurance and
- Prescription medication plans.
Retirement benefits, such as enrollment in a company-wide 401(k) plan, exist for full-time workers with the shoe retailer. Associates may also gain access to paid time off, holiday pay, and vacation time in addition to employee discounts, over time.
Additional Information about Shiekh Shoes
Shiekh Shoes regularly offers the newest footwear fashions at highly discounted prices. In order to guarantee the lowest prices possible, the shoe retailer offers customers a 100-percent price guarantee. If customers buy items online from the retailer and then find lower prices in the first ten days after the purchase, the company refunds the difference between the two prices. Certain restrictions apply, as auction sites, promotions, rebates, and gift certificate purchases may not remain eligible.