Make More Money!
Learn How to Become a Pharmacy Tech
Shoppers Drug Mart remains the most prominent retail pharmacy chain in Canada and creates jobs at over 1,200 stores throughout the country. The Toronto-based company features employment opportunities for new workers and experienced professionals alike.
Facts About Working at Shoppers Drug Mart
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Shoppers Drug Mart?)
Available Positions: Customer Service, Cashier, Stock, Pharmacy Service Associate, Pharmacy Technician, Assistant Front Store Manager, Front Store Manager, Cosmetics Manager, Beauty Boutique Manager, Cosmetician, Merchandiser, Receiver, Cash Manager, Post Office Manager, Food Captain, On-Site Digital Lead, Cashier, Cash Supervisor, Photo Technician, Beauty Expert
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Shoppers Drug Mart Job Opportunities
Major product areas, such as pharmacy services, vitamins and supplements, personal care, and maternity-related items, bring in consistent business for the corporation. The company also carries groceries, electronics, and beauty products in addition to conventional healthcare merchandise. Retail job seekers regularly find entry-level and management work with Shoppers Drug Mart. The chain hires motivated job seekers to meet patron needs through stocking, cashiering, and sales functions. Workers assist customers in navigating stores and locating goods in each department.
Established in 1962, Shoppers Drug Mart employs both industry novices and career-driven professionals to meet business demands. The company staffs specific store sections with sales associates trained to clearly explain corresponding product uses. Workers also restock shelving units and maintain the visual appeals of promotional displays. Experienced candidates may seek managerial positions and lead sales jobs, while applicants without previous work histories generally fare best as cashiers.
Shoppers Drug Mart Jobs and Salary Options
Applicants must stand least 18 years of age before applying to the pharmacy chain. Work opportunities at Shoppers Drug Mart prove available in full-time and part-time roles. The following positons remain commonly accessible to job seekers:
- Cashiers work in checkout areas to receive payments for goods and assist patrons in sorting and bagging merchandise.
- Employees must follow anti-theft and cleanliness procedures at the discretion of supervising managers.
- The entry-level positions normally carry minimal hiring requirements.
- Candidates primarily must remain devoted to detail-oriented customer service and work varying shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Basic math skills also prove valuable to laborers.
- Traditionally part-time employees, Shoppers cashiers make $10.00 CAD hourly, on average.
- Cosmetics employees work in beauty departments at Shoppers stores and provide customer service and sales assistance to patrons.
- Evening shifts and hours on Saturdays and Sundays remain common for many cosmeticians.
- Candidates generally need previous retail or sales experience to obtain the positions.
- Comprehensive familiarity with cosmetic products typically helps applicants gain jobs, as well.
- Cosmeticians earn between $10.00 and $14.00 CAD per hour.
- As staff leaders working under the direction of store managers, assistant managers provide training, motivation, and discipline to subordinate team members.
- Workers should possess confidence in communicating and extensive familiarity with the products and services the pharmacy retail chain offers.
- Managers also read guest feedback through online surveys from patrons to determine new methods of improving customer service.
- Post-secondary education and previous management experience prove strongly desired qualities in job seekers.
- Computer literacy and excellent interpersonal skills remain ideal traits of managers, as well.
- Annual salary options for assistant managers usually start around $35,000 CAD.
Tips For Applying
As Shoppers Drug Mart stores generally remain open 24 hours each day, job seekers should present open availabilities to show dedication and interest in obtaining vacant positions. After submitting hiring forms, work hopefuls may hear back from managers and set up job interviews. Applicants need to bring current resumes to interviews. References and cover letters may also aid job seekers. Though the hiring process typically takes about two weeks, applicants must remain patient as complications arise and slow down management in making staffing decisions.
Applicants may inquire about the status of completed hiring forms in person or through telephone calls to staffing personnel. Email may also prove an acceptable form of follow up on applications, if web addresses stand available. Job seekers may speak with managers on site but should take care to avoid pestering employees during busy work periods. Wear dress-casual apparel for store visits to maintain professionalism.
Benefits of Working at Shoppers Drug Mart
Full-time Shoppers employees often enjoy several job benefits. In addition to attractive base pay and flexible scheduling options, the company offers qualified workers paid training, insurance programs, and paid time off. Employees also gain relevant industry experience in positive, team-oriented environments. Both part-time and full-time laborers remain eligible for merchandise discounts of up to 30% off.
More Details on Shoppers Drug Mart
Shoppers Drug Mart offers a free mobile app for customers on the go. The program features weekly flyers and promotional offers to help users find increased savings on company products. Purchase-based reward points may also rack up through the app, which allows users to further discount merchandise. Options for online prescription refills and quick-dialing calls to preferred store locations stand available through the app, as well.
Shoppers is great! Their optimum card is phenomenal, and i think it is what puts it before other retails.I just graduated from high-school last year & took a year off to work. My first job ended up being at Shoppers Drug Mart in September. I used to work at the shoppers in Scarborough which had its grand opening on November 17th, but management doesn’t put me on the schedule anymore, and they hardly ever call me. I miss the staff, who eventually became my friends, and just working there in general. I really want to work at shoppers again & i think shoppers is the best workplace to keep me busy until school starts for me in September.