ShopRite is one of the largest supermarket chains in the United States, with more than 220 stores along the Atlantic coast. Continued expansion offers numerous jobs to eager workers.
Facts About Working at ShopRite
Minimum Age to Work at ShopRite: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at ShopRite?)
ShopRite Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:00am-12:00am; Sat: 6:00am-12:00am; Sun: 6:00am-12:00am
Available Positions at ShopRite: Assistant manager, bagger, cashier, store clerk, store manager
ShopRite Interview Videos
ShopRite Job Opportunities
Most ShopRite location are family-owned and evolved from the “mom and pop” operations of a bygone era. The company serves more than 5 million customers each week and employs more than 70,000 people. There are ample opportunities within the organization for both full-time and part-time jobs, while many roles can lead to long-term careers.
Like all retail chains, ShopRite is sharply focused on customer service. Accordingly, they seek employees with winning personalities who exhibit patience and enjoy helping others. Experience is not necessary for new hires, as the company provides training.
ShopRite Positions and Salary Information
The grocer welcomes individuals who are new to the workforce. A minimum age of 16 is required to apply, while other positions may need high school diplomas or GEDs. ShopRite routinely needs workers for the following roles:
- Employees ring up purchases on registers, take coupons and payments, and maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor at all times.
- Pay rates for cashiers starts at $8.50 per hour.
- Basic math skills along with the ability to use a computerized cash register put candidates at an advantage.
- The primary responsibility of baggers is to place purchased groceries in bags in a neat, logical manner so customers can easily transport them home.
- Hourly wages are usually around $8.50.
- Baggers must be able to stand long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Responsible for assisting customers, stocking items, and pricing goods, workers must also keep areas clean and free of hazards.
- Earning an hourly wage of around $9.00, ShopRite clerks work in various departments throughout the store.
- This position calls for employees to perform physical tasks and work varied shifts.
Tips For Applying
The company accepts job applications for entry-level positions on its website. Hopefuls can also fill out application forms at local stores. Most job seekers are asked to complete an assessment so their responses can be compared to the requirements of open positions. This helps determine if candidates are good matches for jobs.
Job hopefuls generally get a fast response if hiring managers are interested. However, prospects should prepare to wait up to two weeks just in case. Interviews are held on-site at store locations.
Benefits of Working at ShopRite
Workers receive paid training and additional hourly pay for working Sundays and holidays. Employment benefits for full-time employees include paid vacations and sick days. As tenure grows, other job benefits kick in, including healthcare coverage and enrollment in a company 401(k) plan.
More Information on ShopRite
ShopRite believes in battling hunger on multiple fronts. The company runs a charitable endeavor called Partners in Caring, a year-round, community-based, hunger-fighting initiative. Since its inception in 1999, it has donated $15 million to feed needy people in the communities it serves.