Privately owned and operated, Silversea Cruises consistently hires workers from diverse backgrounds to assume onboard and land-based vacancies. From full-time corporate office careers to part-time employment aboard ships, job seekers find opportunities to fit unique aspirations.
Facts About Working at Silversea Cruises
Minimum Age to Work at Silversea Cruises: 21 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Silversea Cruises?)
Silversea Cruises Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Silversea Cruises: Concierge, Finance Officer, Food & Beverage Controller, Food & Beverage Manager, Front Desk Agent, Housekeeper, Hotel Director, Receptionist, Accountant, 1st Engineer, Chief Electrician, Navigation Officer, Bartender, Head Sommelier, Maitre d'Hotel, Waiter/Waitress, Host/Hostess, Stage Manager, Youth Counselor, Assistant Cook, Baker, Butcher, Chef de Partie, Confectioner, Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Pastry Chef, Steward/Stewardess, Tour Manager, Cruise Director
Silversea Cruises Job Opportunities
Silversea Cruises operates eight ships, including the original luxury vessel, Silver Cloud, built in 1994, the first expedition ship, which started sailing in 2008, Silver Explorer, and the 2014 Silver Discoverer. The line holds over 800 regular destinations, with trips available to all seven continents. Personable individuals who enjoy consistently serving and interacting with 100 to 540 patrons at a time make ideal associates. Hiring managers look for patience, courtesy, enthusiasm, and attention to detail during the application process. Additionally, open availabilities and frequent travel capabilities prove desirable attributes for job seekers to possess.
Over 250 employees occupy shore-side offices in Fort Lauderdale, London, Monte Carlo, and Sydney. Workers living in close proximity to or willing to relocate to existing workplaces enjoy job opportunities in the form of corporate positions like content manager, legal counsel, accountant, web designer and manager, and human resources. Furthermore, individuals interested in traveling the world while offering exceptional customer service to Silversea Cruise clientele may join the existing 2,000 fleet associates in diverse positions like activity coordinator, bartender, maid, and engineer.
Silversea Cruises Careers and Salary Options
Given the unique and strenuous nature of most available Silversea Cruises jobs, interested candidates should stand at least 21 years of age before submitting applications. While knowledge of or previous employment in the hospitality industry may provide candidates preference for hire, job seekers of all experience levels may apply. Some of the most readily available entry-level work sits below:
- Working in restaurants located aboard ships, Silversea Cruises waiters should possess exceptional poise and grace.
- Regular duties include greeting patrons seated at assigned tables, creating fun dining experiences for vacationers, accurately taking down and delivering proper food and drink orders, frequently checking in with diners to ensure needs remain met, and delivering dirty glasses, utensils, and plates to dishwashers for cleaning.
- Fluency in languages other than English may earn job seekers preference for hire.
- In addition to hourly wages comparable to minimum wage, workers earn free meals and accommodations.
- Usually committing to six-month contracts at a time, housekeeping employees ensure cruise ships remain clean over the course of travel.
- Associates earn pay rates between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour and receive free accommodations for the duration of cruises.
- Responsibilities ascribed to housekeeping positions include disposing of trash, vacuuming, collecting dirty towels and linens, making beds, replenishing essential supplies, cleaning bathrooms, and generally straightening up rooms.
- Interested workers should stand physically capable of walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting, pushing, and standing for the duration of shifts.
Tips For Applying
In order to submit applications, interested job seekers must create profiles with the career portal easily found on the employment section of the company website. Uploading resumes expedites the application process as the portal extracts relevant information and fills in sections automatically. Users who choose to upload application information should revise resumes to highlight relevant work experience and skills applicable to desired jobs. Candidates must provide information regarding personal contact details, language skills, education, and references, as well. Valid passports remain essential, and attaching cover letters to applications heightens chances of receiving hire.
Applicants maintain the option of logging back on to career portal profiles to check the status of applications. Profiles denote when applications reach hiring managers and whether or not candidates move on in the application process. However, Silversea Cruises prefers candidates to abstain from reaching out to individual locations via email, phone, or in-person visits.
Silversea Cruises Job Benefits
In addition to access to extensive training programs after hire and competitive salary options, Silversea Cruises employees enjoy comprehensive job benefits.
Full-time and part-time associates may stand eligible for:
- Healthcare coverage
- Vision and dental plans
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vacation days
- Paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plans.
Workers also receive discounts on cruises.
Further Details on Silversea Cruises
The family who owns Silversea Cruises also runs The Maruzza Lefebvre D’Ovidio Foundation. Running programs like From Cure to Care: A Mission of Love and One For Life, The Foundation consistently gives back to surrounding communities. From Cure to Care initiative leaders work closely with local government organizations to provide palliative care to people and families affected by life-threatening and life-limiting conditions. As a complementary movement, One For Life sets up educational programs to raise awareness of various debilitating conditions.