As the largest amusement park company in the world, Six Flags constantly creates work opportunities. Founded in 1961, the company employs over 30,000 workers. Jobs exist in the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
Facts About Working at Six Flags
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Six Flags?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Entertainer/Performer, Tech Crew Member, Support Staff, Justice League of America/Looney Tunes Character Associate, Lifeguard, Food Service Team Member, Games/Arcade Team Member, Ride Operator, Guest Relations/Admissions/Parking Lot Team Member, Planting Crew Member, Mowing Squad Member, Greenhouse Team Member, Park Services Team Member, X-Treme Attractions Team Member, Loss Prevention and Security Officer, Retail and Rental Team Member, Safari/Education Department Team Member
Six Flags Interview Videos
Six Flags Job Opportunities
The popularity of featured attractions drives the company to hire continuously, as Six Flags parks bring in more than 25 million guests per year. Employees provide exceptional service to customers at food stands, game areas, ticket booths, and ride stations. Job duties largely involve interacting with patrons and ensuring memorable experiences. While cheerful attitudes and interpersonal skills benefit applicants, job seekers do not need to meet extensive prerequisites for hiring consideration with the company.
Though entry-level positions remain most readily available with the company, experienced professionals may find lucrative career options through the amusement park proprietor. Skilled candidates may also obtain specialized jobs with the company, such as mechanical repair and ride maintenance positions. However, most Six Flags jobs prove attractive options for recent high school graduates seeking first positions and individuals seeking steady part-time work during the summer months. Seasonally hiring often takes place in May and June, as parks historically show the highest numbers of customers between late spring and early fall.
Six Flags Jobs and Pay Scales
Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to seek work at Six Flags. Though full-time careers exist in limited capacities, part-time and seasonal jobs remain the most prevalent work opportunities with the company. The following positions normally prove accessible to entry-level applicants:
- Food service employees cook and serve park cuisine.
- Duties include greeting customers, accurately reporting orders, preparing food according to quality and safety standards, and accepting payments and providing correct change.
- Employees also stand responsible for the cleanliness of work areas.
- Candidates applying for the entry-level positions should display positive demeanors and maintain high-energy attitudes, as clear communication and excellent customer service remain essential.
- Food service workers at Six Flags traditionally make minimum wage.
- Earning between minimum wage and $10.00 per hour, hosting employees perform duties crucial to patron satisfaction in Six Flags parks.
- Laborers show hands-on work ethics and improve the service and functioning of parks in any way possible.
- Welcoming guests to parks, working ticket counters, cleaning walkways and other public areas, and answering customer questions constitute typical responsibilities of hosting employees.
- Applicants for host and hostess positions face minimal hiring requirements, as the company often employs young and energetic workers seeking first job experiences.
- Ride operators guarantee customers fully enjoy attractions without danger.
- Duties such as starting and stopping rides, ensuring passengers board and exit easily, and checking seat restraints prove everyday tasks for employees.
- Safety remains a top priority for ride operators, as mechanical attractions occasionally cause severe injury or death when operated improperly.
- Workers should stay familiar with all policies and standards for each ride.
- Pay for ride operators hovers around $8.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Six Flags employs hardworking job seekers with flexible availabilities. Proactive candidates may take advantage of the company talent network to learn about relevant job opportunities. Workers with previous amusement park experience may also face better chances for hire. Applicants must possess basic arithmetic skills, as simple math tests prove common during interviews with company. In addition, applicants must work in crowded and/or loud environments without difficulty. Job seekers may apply online or at park locations.
Candidates may inquire about the statuses of submitted hiring forms through visits and telephone calls. Individuals courteously contact management to follow up. Make note of which person stands in charge of the process and ask for the supervisor by name. Using specific names instead of titles shows sincere interest, communication skills, and ensures applicants speak with the correct person. Managers frequently inform applicants of hire immediately following interviews.
Benefits of Working at Six Flags
Six Flags does not normally offer traditional job benefits, as most workers labor seasonally. However, some full-time workers may qualify for:
- Health insurance coverage and stock purchase options.
- Every employee enjoys guaranteed hours during peak business seasons and unlimited free admissions to parks.
- Workers also benefit from in-park discounts of up to 35% off.
- Employees gain access to complimentary parking, as well.
- Time off, 401(k) retirement plans, and healthcare coverage may prove accessible for professionals in corporate careers or other fixed, full-time roles.
More Details on Six Flags
The company operates Six Flags Friends, an organization dedicated to promoting local and national charitable groups. The initiative provides funding and support to establishments such as the Ronald McDonald House, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure network, and the American Heart Association. The donation program aims to positively impact families across North America.