The Sleep Inn brand operates as an affordable hotel chain. With over 300 locations, the business continues to grow. As new locations open, the company must hire new workers. Full-time and part-time jobs prove available for both entry-level job seekers and experienced, career-driven professionals.
Facts About Working at Sleep Inn
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Sleep Inn?)
Available Positions: Housekeeper, Bell Person, Front Desk Agent, Maintenance Worker, Inventory Clerk, Guest Services Representative, Receptionist, Manager
Sleep Inn Employment Opportunities
Since opening in the early 1990s, the company grew steadily and continues expansion throughout target markets. Corporate-owned and franchised locations alike lead to an extensive assortment of job opportunities. In particular, the chain creates exceptional prospects for entry-level workers to begin careers in the hospitality industry. Positions in information technology, marketing, finance, administration, and management may stand obtainable to qualified applicants, as well.
Sleep Inn draws aspirants to apply for work with attractive employment benefits packages, flexible scheduling options, and welcoming company cultures. Some workers describe the friendly work environments as easy places for motivated employees to excel. The chain promotes family-oriented atmospheres and places emphasis on customer service. Consequently, outgoing and kind individuals fare well when applying to the company.
Sleep Inn Jobs and Salary Options
Candidates 18 years of age and older may seek employment with the hotel chain. Sleep Inn offers workers industry-competitive compensation, paid training, flexible scheduling options, and advancement opportunities. Positions remain easily accessible with the company for inexperienced and experienced candidates alike. Entry-level job seekers regularly find work in the following capacities:
Front Desk Associate
- Typically making between $9.00 and $10.00 per hour, front desk associates provide essential guest services in the lobby areas of Sleep Inn hotels.
- Employees carry out duties such as providing room keys, accepting payments, providing receipts, and answering customer questions.
- Personable and friendly individuals largely constitute the best fits for front desk jobs, as greeting guests upon entry and wishing customers well when guests depart contribute strongly to customer impressions of the chain.
- However, applicants should note the economy hotel chain may prefer to hire candidates with high school diplomas or GED equivalents.
- Housekeeping employees perform vital cleaning duties to keep hotel rooms neat and sanitary.
- Primary responsibilities include changing bedding, emptying trash cans, washing bathroom areas, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Housekeeping workers also generally carry out other relevant cleaning duties as needed to maintain the visual appeals of the establishment.
- The positions prove excellent entry-level opportunities for job seekers looking to gain experience.
- Starting pay hovers around $8.50 an hour for the entry-level role.
- Employees consistently performing well on the job may earn additional pay raises over time.
Tips For Applying
Methods for applying vary from location to location, as many hotels remain franchised by independent owners and operators. Job seekers typically find hiring forms online and may submit resumes for consideration in person. In general, staffing personnel want applicants to possess appropriate experience, positive attitudes, flexible availabilities, and fit with company cultures. Candidates may participate in both phone and in-person interviews. Applicants may need to undergo background and drug screening procedures, as well.
After turning in hiring documents, applicants following up by phone, email, or visits to hotel locations generally receive preferential treatment from managers. Making inquiries shows professional interest in the company and serious dedication to obtaining work. Show consideration for the time and important work responsibilities of hiring managers. Remain patient and wait for employees to finish pressing tasks before persisting with questions about application status.
Benefits of Working at Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn employees often qualify for attractive job benefits packages. Insurance options range from medical, dental, and vision plans to life insurance and disability coverage. Paid leave for holidays, vacation time, sick days, personal days, and jury duty stands available, as well. Workers may also access 401(k) retirement plans with company match to begin saving for the future. In general, job benefits largely prove restricted to full-time associates. However, all employees enjoy discounted rates on hotel stays.
Further Details on Sleep Inn
The chain remains a chief brand of the Choice Hotels company umbrella. Founded in 1939, the business manages several other prominent hotel chains, including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Clarion, EconoLodge, and Cambria Suites. The corporation operates a huge network of more than 6,000 hotels in over 30 countries. Headquarters sit in Rockville, MD.