A hair salon chain operating strictly inside of Walmart stores, SmartStyle Family Hair Salons offers fantastic salon job opportunities nationwide. With quick and convenient salon services, SmartStyle needs talented workers who perform artistic styling with quick turnaround times.
Facts About Working at SmartStyle
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at SmartStyle?)
Available Positions: Hair Stylist, Shampoo Associate, Receptionist, Salon Manager
SmartStyle Job Opportunities
As a chain serving over 50,000 new and returning shoppers a week, SmartStyle needs friendly and personal associates to keep guests coming back. The chain expects associates to greet customers warmly, quality styling, and engaging interactions to build relationships and turn one-time customers into close clientele. Daily shifts move fast at the no-appointment salon. Associates must possess ample energy and enthusiasm.
SmartStyle hires workers at every career and experience level. Individuals planning to enter or currently enrolled in cosmetology school may find entry-level positions with the salon and work while earning degrees. Employees may even access company-sponsored cosmetology education. Associates receive ongoing training from cosmetology professionals in order to enhance skills.
SmartStyle Positions and Salary Information
Employees enjoy exciting careers with quality pay. The chain mainly hires stylists to fill salon jobs; however, management careers regularly become available, as well. Stylists receive generous hourly pay and managers enjoy fantastic commissions. The chain sets the minimum hiring age at 16 years old. Below sits a detailed look at the duties and wages for stylists and managers.
- Stylists perform hair care services, including cutting, styling, coloring, washing, waxing, and perming.
- Committed to making every interaction exquisite, stylists provide attentive care along with excellent conversation.
- Stylists also teach guests how to duplicate desired looks at home.
- When not interacting with customers, a stylish should perform light housekeeping duties to keep the shop presentable and inviting.
- The role also includes administrative tasks, including finalizing transactions on computerized registers and performing close-out procedures.
- Job hopefuls should possess the ability to work flexible schedules, including weekend and evening shifts.
- Depending on locations, stylists may need to possess state-required cosmetology or barber licenses.
- Stylists typically earn hourly pay of about $7.50 and keep any tips received.
- In charge of daily operations, salon managers provide leadership to ensure successful business.
- Essential duties include marketing the brand and growing sales, managing expenses, and leading and developing teams.
- Salon managers work at least 35 hours a week and may need to put in overtime when needed.
- Work schedules often include nights and weekends.
- Salon manager salary options usually fall between $25,000 and $35,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Candidates may apply for salon jobs through the official company website. The first step in the process asks if a candidate wishes to include a resume or CV with the application. Job hopefuls should use the opportunity to add resumes because the document further demonstrates matches with the company than the application alone. The online application also asks candidates to enter at least five skills along with corresponding years of use and proficiency level. Job hopefuls should choose relevant skills and denote over a year of experience along with intermediate or above skill levels.
After applying, job hopefuls receive job reference numbers to keep on hand. Employees may review application status by returning to the job posting applied to and clicking Existing Application at the bottom of the page. Then, candidates may fill in the email and password information used to create the initial application accounts and click Check Records to view the application status. The title and the reference number for the positions desired should appear along with descriptions. Candidate information may remain on file for several months if not initially selected for employment. Typically, hiring managers contact selected candidates within two weeks of receiving applications.
SmartStyle Family Hair Salon Employee Benefits
The chain believes in creating beautiful futures for associates. For starters, associates earn wonderful future savings plans, like 401(k) retirement plans with company match and employee stock purchase plans. Workers hoping to grow academically may access 529 college savings plans. Workers may also develop cosmetology skills with ongoing education and training. When on the job, associates access salon tools for free. Sales contests with cash, vacation, and electronics for prizes keep employees happy and productive. The chain also provides paid vacation to give workers much needed rest.
Other Information about SmartStyle Family Hair Salon
Regis Corporation, the largest hair salon chain on the planet, owns and operates SmartStyle. Nearly ten times larger than the next largest competitor, Regis Corporation manages over 9,500 salons across the globe. The company maintains both corporate-owned and franchised salon locations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Major brands under the company umbrella include Supercuts, Sassoon Salon, MasterCuts, Cost Cutters, Cool Cuts 4 Kids, and SmartStyle. The corporation also offers the best stylist education in the country by offering cosmetology schools and training courses, national seminars, and educational videos. A vast range of professional hair care products also serve as merchandise sold by the corporate entity. Regis trades on the New York Stock Exchange as RGS. Headquarters for the company reside in Minneapolis, MN.