Founded in 1999, Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill persists as a source of jobs for service-conscious applicants. Employment opportunities remain plentiful and lucrative for entry-level job seekers looking to begin careers in the restaurant industry. Both full- and part-time work stands available.
Facts About Working at Smokey Bones
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Smokey Bones?)
Available Positions: Waiter, Waitress, Hostess, Bartender, Cook, Prep Cook, Dishwasher, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
Smokey Bones Employment Outlook
The casual-dining chain serves barbeque-style American cuisine in lively sports bar atmospheres. Candidates passionate about sports, customer service, and fun fit well with company culture. Employment hopefuls may apply for positions such as server, hostess, cook, dishwasher, and bartender. Experienced applicants may find management work with the chain. The company also maintains restaurant support centers which create additional job opportunities.
Smokey Bones stands notable to job seekers due to the lack of stringent job requirements. Though appropriate positions remain available for seasoned professionals, the company predominantly hires candidates boasting entry-level credentials. Employment hunters looking to start long-term careers or simply earn reliable paychecks equally find suitable jobs with the chain. Job requirements generally only involve the physical ability to perform the work and legal age restrictions.
Smokey Bones Jobs and Salary Options
Job seekers in the United States may apply for meaningful employment with Smokey Bones. The chain operates over 60 hiring locations throughout the country. Basic math skills, physical stamina, and the ability to work in substantially hot or cold environments prove valuable assets for candidates. Available positions include:
- Accessible to motivated candidates 18 years of age and older, server positions involve bringing food and drinks to patrons while providing assistance and friendly interaction.
- Everyday duties include answering customer questions, refilling drinks, taking orders, and carrying plates to dining areas.
- Workers must remain fully knowledgeable about available dishes and beverage options to offer suggestions to undecided customers.
- Employees need to maintain neat and well-groomed appearances, as well.
- Servers generally make around $5.00 an hour plus tips.
- Hosting employees ensure excellent customer service for guests.
- Principal responsibilities include greeting guests upon arrival, communicating with servers and managers, providing patrons with pagers to let parties know when tables become available, and monitoring the cleanliness of dining and lobby areas.
- Candidates with friendly personalities regularly obtain hosting work with little difficulty.
- Applicants 16 years of age and older may apply for hosting jobs.
- Employees typically earn between minimum wage and $9.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Applicants must meet specific age and physical requirements for the particular job applied for. The company prizes open availability in candidates, as well. Smokey Bones largely utilizes online job applications for staffing procedures. Uniquely, the company web platform also features applications specifically designed for current employees to apply for more advanced positions within the internal corporate ladder for the chain. In addition to online application options, candidates may submit hiring forms in person at most locations.
Candidates seeking to show interest in jobs after applying may follow up through phone calls, emails, or store visits. Though all methods prove acceptable, some current employees report store visits as ideal options. Making inquiries in person allows staffing personnel to become familiar with applicant faces, communications skills, and confident attitudes. However, always show respect for pressing duties of workers and remain patient until employees finish work before asking to speak with a manager. Hiring processes with the company typically take less than two weeks after submitting applications.
Benefits of Working at Smokey Bones
Qualified Smokey Bones associates enjoy attractive job benefits making work-life balance easier to maintain. Eligible employees obtain:
- Healthcare coverage
- Participate in 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Receive paid time off.
In addition, workers earn industry-competitive wages and find accessible advancement opportunities on a consistent basis. Employees may receive free and/or discounted meal options, as well.
Further Details on Smokey Bones
Barbecue Integrated Inc. acquired Smokey Bones from previous owners Darden Restaurants in early 2008. The corporation stands as an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, a global investment firm which also owns and operates Fazoli’s, Boston Market, and Shopko. As of 2015, the company remained privately held. The business maintains corporate headquarters in Boca Raton, FL.