With one location in Mount Pleasant, MI, Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort supplies individuals living in surrounding areas with foodservice, retail, management, and many more job opportunities. Hopefuls may find hire for full-time and part-time positions of varied skill requirements.
Facts About Working at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Minimum Age to Work at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort: 21 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Soaring Eagle Casino And Resort?)
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort: Bartender, Cashier, Poker Game Dealer, Revenue Auditor, Cocktail Server, Housekeeper, Front Desk Agent, Customer Service Representative, Porter, Maintenance Worker, Security Guard, Manager
Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort Employment Outlook
Individuals who thrive in fast-paced and booming work environments fare well as Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort employees. With constant sensory input and diverse crowds of guests, the casino requires job hopefuls with honed abilities to prioritize tasks, diligent focuses, and developed customer service skills. Casino associates must consistently provide friendly service and exude passion for the work. Open attitudes and night, weekend, and holiday availability may afford candidates employment preference with hiring personnel.
With hundreds of jobs available in different concentrations, Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort needs entry-level applicants as well as seasoned professionals to fill career-oriented positions. Individuals with knowledge of or experience in foodservice, hospitality, management, clerical work, retail, maintenance, customer service, and a number of other industries may receive preference during hiring processes. Additionally, job hopefuls lacking formal work experience may demonstrate aptitudes for learning and knowledge of casino operations to gain favor with managers in charge of hiring.
Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort Positions and Salary Information
Due to the sensitive nature of available jobs and work environments involving alcohol consumption and gambling, interested individuals must stand at least 18 years of age to receive employment consideration. Many positions place further age restrictions on applicants. Generally, applicants must also hold high school diplomas or the equivalent. Entry-level positions regularly accepting applications include:
- Providing excellent customer service to guests, hosts duties include greeting and seating diners.
- Needed in every one of the six restaurants in the casino, host positions frequently need filling.
- Interested candidates should possess the ability to perform basic math and remain friendly and polite in diverse situations.
- A part-time responsibility, workers earn minimum wage to start.
- Other host duties include scheduling dining reservations, providing water to newly seated gusts, maintaining the cleanliness of host stations, and retaining working knowledge of menus and current items.
Guest Room Attendant
- Though interested job candidates may obtain work without prior experience or qualifications, individuals extended job offers must attain and then maintain service licenses.
- Additional stipulations include the ability to lift up to 30 pounds, perform repetitive tasks, and bend, squat, twist, and stand for long periods of time.
- During shifts, guest room attendants must clean rooms and suites in accordance with hotel standards, report damages and missing items in a timely fashion, maintain the cleanliness of carts, use issued chemicals safely and correctly, and answer any guest questions.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, guest room attendants earn hourly pay rates of about $9.00 to $10.00.
Guest Relations Representative
- Job hopefuls with exceptional organizational skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize, and exemplary customer service abilities receive preference for guest relations representative positions.
- Earning salary packages of about $22,000 to $25,000 a year, guest relations representatives oversee several activities and entertainment departments to ensure customers remain pleased with casino services.
- Upon hire, workers must pass typing tests and obtain gaming licenses.
- Regular responsibilities include coordinating the daily operations of the Players Club, maintaining the player database, checking in with customers to ensure maximum enjoyment, handling ticket sales at the box office, acting as usher for events, accommodating guests with special seating needs, performing coat check duties, and completing any other assignments as necessary.
Tips For Applying
Career-minded individuals interested in pursuing employment with Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort may submit applications online or visit the resort for paper applications. Online applications provide opportunities to attach resumes, and in-person applicants should bring printed copies when applying. Before submitting, applicants benefit from reviewing information for accuracy and reworking resumes to highlight relevant skills and job experiences.
Checking on application statuses remains an effective way of touching base with hiring personnel and demonstrating tenacious desires for available work. Applicants retain the option of calling the casino, emailing HR representatives, conducting visits to the location, or any combination thereof. Job hopefuls should avoid becoming nuisances by conducting communications politely and professionally. Remain mindful of the busy schedules of hiring managers. Additionally, dressing well for in-person inquiries shows preparation for the possibility of on-the-spot interviews.
Benefits of Working at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
Full-time employees qualify for work benefit packages, which includes:
- Medical insurance
Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort provides workers:
- Vision, and prescription drug plans.
Full-time and part-time associates may qualify for discounts at resort restaurants, shops, and the like, as well.
More Information on Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
Guests booked for long vacations at the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort retain several diverse dining options. With nine restaurants and food carts, as well as one convenience store, located throughout the resort, patrons may enjoy classic comfort foods and elegant meals at nearly any time of the night or day. Options like Siniikaung Steak and Chop House, Aurora Buffet, and Water Lily Lounge offer excellent dinner prospects and classic meals, such as steaks, pizza, and side dishes. Isabella’s serves authentic Italian cuisine. Legends Diner specializes in Americana and serves breakfast from 3:00am to 11:00am. Carts and smaller shops, like Native Grind, Sub Shop, Little Eagle Cafe, and Prime Rib Cart, stand in hallways and remain open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.