With over 3500 stores across the United States, SONIC Drive-In restaurants feature the throwback business concept of vintage drive-in diners popular in the 1950s. This approach creates a fun and busy environment where employees are always on-the-go.
Facts About Working at SONIC Drive In
Minimum Age to Work at SONIC Drive In: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at SONIC Drive In?)
SONIC Drive In Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at SONIC Drive In: Assistant manager, carhop, cook, crew member, manager, skating carhop
SONIC Drive-In Employee Interview Videos
SONIC Drive-In Job OpportunitiesJob Qualifications
Entry-level positions are available for SONIC Drive-In job seekers. The company values those who work hard, think quickly on their feet, and who are energetic. Because of hectic dining hours, staff should be available for a flexible schedule.Unexpected Perks
In addition to traditional benefits like 401(k) plans and salary packages, SONIC Drive-In careers offer the chance to advance into senior roles. Employees can get product discounts during their shifts. With so many locations, there are plenty of available jobs.Ideal Candidates
Hopefuls can apply online or in-store with a SONIC Drive-In job application. Supervisors look for workers who are great with people, function as a team, and have reliable transportation. Job seekers should have excellent memorization for taking orders effectively.
Employment and Salary Information for SONIC Drive-In
Both full-time and part-time hours are available at SONIC Drive-In. This restaurant offers training, career development programs, and hourly pay and salary options. Jobs include:
- The carhop serves guests in a fast and friendly manner.
- The pay rate for a carhop starts at minimum wage, but can increase over time.
- Carhops typically wear roller skates. Balance and coordination are important skills.
- Job duties include preparing food, restocking the freezers and trays, and keeping work stations clean.
- Ability to use a computer-based cash register to ring in orders.
- Crew members make an hourly wage between $9.00 to $10.00.
- These workers are responsible for tracking inventory and assisting in food preparation.
- The assistant manager makes roughly $30k yearly.
- Candidates should be available to for opening and closing shifts, and able to cover any necessary tasks.
Tips for Applying
The restaurant chain has an easy-to-navigate online portal where interested parties can upload a resume. Potential new hires may also choose to inquire in person. Paper applications are an option when applying for a SONIC Drive-In job.
Check on the status of job application forms by calling or stopping in to a local SONIC Drive-In and speaking with hiring supervisors. Individuals should wear professional attire, ask questions, and mention previous experience and knowledge during the interview process.
Benefits of Working at SONIC Drive-In
SONIC Drive-In offers training, competitive wages, and opportunities to move up upon hire. Full-time positions, such as managers, can also get employment benefits packages, including healthcare coverage. Workers can enjoy other perks, such as:
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Tuition assistance for students
- Employee discounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
Additional Information about SONIC Drive-In
SONIC Drive-In rewards carhops with a yearly Skate-Off. Winners can receive an all-expenses-paid trip to compete against one another in San Diego, California. Participants take home awards, like cash and prizes.