With Spirit Airlines, customers can fly to over 70 destinations at ultra-low fares. The company's fleet of planes travels across the U.S., as well as to the Caribbean and Latin America. To keep ticket prices down, passengers only pay for the services they want.
Facts About Working at Spirit Airlines
Minimum Age to Work at Spirit Airlines: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Spirit Airlines?)
Spirit Airlines Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Spirit Airlines: Customer Service Procedures Analyst, Customer Service Agent, Flight Attendant, Pilot, Baggage Handler, Maintenance Supervisor, Technical Writer, Benefits Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Ramp Service Agent, Ground Instructor, Luggage Resolution Coordinator, Customer Service Supervisor, A&P Mechanic, Quality Assurance Auditor, In-Flight Training Instructor/Curriculum Developer, Tax Analyst, Maintenance Planner, Quality Control Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Pilot, Cabin Crew Member, Guest Service Agent
Spirit Airlines Job Opportunities
Cheap Flights, Quality Service
The customer experience is at the heart of almost every job at Spirit Airlines. Because guests pay for each amenity a la carte, employees have to work to make sure they’re satisfied. This also means that most workers must be able take on sales and marketing roles too.
Fast-Growing Company, Expanding Crew
Spirit regularly adds new cities to its destination list and aircraft to its fleet. As such, it has an ongoing need for team members. Entry-level jobs could even grow to full-time Spirit Airlines careers. Management and corporate roles often include a bump in salary options and employment benefits.
A Love for Travel, A Chance for Adventure
Inflight Spirit Airlines jobs offer plenty of opportunities to fly. However, all employees can take advantage of discounts on airfare. These, combined with paid vacations, are a huge benefit for anyone who likes to travel.
Employment and Salary Information for Spirit Airlines
Pay rates are above average, even for part-time, entry-level jobs at Spirit Airlines. Application forms are available for roles in the air or on the ground. Most positions require a high school diploma, a flexible work schedule, the ability to lift luggage, and a willingness to stand for extended periods. The airline hires for the following:
- Duties include giving safety briefings, assisting passengers, and selling refreshments.
- Flight attendants often start with hourly wages of $17.00, but could eventually earn a salary package over $60k.
- Strong applicants demonstrate leadership, responsibility, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be 21 years old and have experience working with customers.
Guest Service Agent
- This Spirit Airlines career involves greeting, checking in, scheduling, and helping passengers.
- Hourly wages are usually between $14.00 and $20.00 for guest service agents.
- Employees should be professional and empathetic toward others.
- Applicants need to be 18 years old and proficient with technology.
Ramp Service Agent
- Workers transport baggage, cargo, and additional items to and from planes or terminals.
- Agents must also safely direct aircraft and other vehicles through effective communication.
- The position typically earns between $10.00 and $14.00 an hour.
- Tasks require efficiency and an ability to work under any weather conditions.
Tips for Applying
It is best to apply online through the careers page for a Spirit Airlines job. Applicants may need proof of credentials, such as a valid passport or driver’s license. Be sure to mention any language skills on the submission form. Those who can speak Spanish might be more likely to get an interview.
While completing a Spirit Airlines job application on the company’s website, users will create a profile. This may allow them to view the status of their submission. After a couple weeks, it is a good idea to follow up with a call or email to hiring staff.
Benefits of Working at Spirit Airlines
In addition to the airfare discount, Spirit Airlines job benefits are likely to include:
- Sick days and healthcare coverage
- Dental and medical insurance
- 401(k) plans
- Paid time off
Additional Information about Spirit Airlines
Along with already low rates, customers can pay to join the $9 Fare Club to save more. Members receive special offers and pricing deals. There is also the Free Spirit frequent flier program that allows guests to collect extra miles at no cost.