Growing seasonal retail chain Spirit Halloween operates around 1,000 storefronts under the proprietorship of Spencer's Gifts across the United States. The holiday-themed retailer conducts massive hiring campaigns each summer to staff temporary storefronts open for limited times each year.
Facts About Working at Spirit Halloween
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Spirit Halloween?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cashier, Stock Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Spirit Halloween Interview Videos
Spirit Halloween Job Opportunities
Spirit Halloween represents a unique opportunity for job seekers to find meaningful seasonal employment while earning competitive wages and enjoying flexible schedules. The popular, nationwide chain also offers dynamic, fun, and exclusive work settings. The wide assortments of products and merchandise sold at each location create one-of-a-kind employment experiences. Associates consistently interact with diverse customer bases and entertain questions ranging from decoration suggestions and costume recommendations to party-planning and culinary tips as well as traditional retail sales advice, like product care and exchange policies.
Workers who assume Spirit Halloween jobs must present highly personable and friendly attitudes during the hiring process. The ability to multitask in fast-paced settings often benefits prospective employees. Job hopefuls must also exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team. The temporary nature of operations associated with the seasonal retailer often requires employees to work quickly and simultaneously maintain efficiency. Deadlines often stand in place for both ongoing and remedial tasks assigned by managers for entry-level workers to complete, with management typically operating under similar deadlines imposed by the company corporate parent.
Spirit Halloween Employment and Pay Scales
The seasonal employer sets the minimum hiring age at 18 for both entry-level jobs and careers in management. Workers must meet the minimum age standard, as well as desirable personality traits, for employment consideration. Managers often need high school diplomas and backgrounds in retail. No other hiring requirements exist for entry-level jobs. Typical positions for hire with the nationwide chain include:
- A part-time position featuring 15 to 30 hours per week and regular interaction with customers, cashier jobs entail completing transactions on computerize Point-Of-Sales systems.
- Cashiers also regularly make product recommendations and assist other entry-level associates in performing opening and closing duties.
- Candidates must exude friendly, positive, and motivated attitudes.
- Individuals who especially enjoy the Halloween holiday may earn added consideration for hire.
- Starting pay begins at minimum wage and ranges up to $9.00 or $10.00 per hour.
- The primary functions of sales associates include retrieving merchandise for customers, offering product recommendations, demonstrating decorations, and providing access to fitting rooms.
- Sales associates must also guard against theft, maintain product levels on sales floor shelves, and arrange displays.
- The position involves consistent interaction with the general public and some minor-to-moderate manual labor.
- Applicants must feel comfortable talking with patrons and working under deadlines in order to gain employment.
- The position pays minimum wage at start and offers raises consistent with performance up to $10.00 an hour.
- Each Spirit Halloween location requires teams of managers and supervisors to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- The seasonal retailer hires on both part-time and full-time managerial staff to hire and train new workers, set schedules, organize daily routines, process payroll, analyze and report sales data, coordinate product shipments, enforce company policies, and assist customers with purchases.
- Supervisors typically oversee staffs of entry-level workers, while managers look after operations as a whole.
- Previous retail experience and personal enjoyment of the holiday regularly position potential workers in favorable standing to gain employment.
- Managers must showcase the ability to lead teams effectively, as deadlines remain integral to the seasonal operations undertaken by the retail chain.
- Supervisors receive hourly pay falling between $9.00 and $11.00.
- Assistant store managers and store managers make annual salaries, with low-end pay starting at $25,000 and $45,000 representing the high end of potential earnings.
Tips For Applying
Individuals serious about gaining employment with the seasonal retail chain must begin job hunts during the summer months leading up to the Halloween holiday. Start job searches in July and August, as the popular store usually conducts hiring campaigns in the early portions of the summer through the fall. The nationwide chain lists annual seasonal hiring events on the company website. Applicants should check the Join Spirit tab of the website regularly for updates on recruitment events taking place in surrounding areas.
Due to the expedited hiring processes used to onboard seasonal employees, Spirit Halloween applicants should receive final determinations regarding employment status shortly after completing the interview process. On average, applicants spend about a week going through the formal procedures for hiring, with a majority of job hopefuls receiving determinations in a few days. Workers should know by the end of the final interview whether or not hiring appears imminent. If managers offer no formal notice as to official application status applicants should check back via telephone or email within a couple of days to reaffirm interest in positions desired.
Benefits of Working at Spirit Halloween
Team members enjoy fun, energetic, and eclectic work environments while working for the seasonal retailer. The short-term employment opportunities available provide excellent supplemental income and experience toward building lasting careers in retail. Spirit Halloween also offers full-time, year round associates work benefits packages including:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, and
- Healthcare options.
Specific job benefits often vary by position. Base-level employee benefits generally include discounts on merchandise in addition to flexible scheduling.
Further Details on Spirit Halloween
The Spirit Halloween company website provides an online costume finder, which allows customers to personally browse and select items for purchase by using a random product generator. Patrons follow the cues provided by the online item finder and enter in necessary information to produce dozens of results for each category. The costume finder allows customers to search by gender, costume theme, and age. Available costumes also include items for pets.