Cleaning carpets since 1947, Stanley Steamer operates 300 locations in 48 states. The company constantly needs customer-oriented workers to fill full-time and part-time opportunities. By training people the right way, client satisfaction and business success stand guaranteed.
Facts About Working at Stanley Steemer
Minimum Age to Work at Stanley Steemer: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Stanley Steemer?)
Stanley Steemer Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location
Available Positions at Stanley Steemer: Technician, Carpet Cleaning Technician, Customer Service Advisor, Manager, Telemarketer, Air Duct Cleaning Associate, Sales Manager, Sales Representative, Graphic Designer, Manager in Development, Sales Service Advisor, NCSC Service Representative, Air Duct Manager, Technical Trainer, Graphic Designer, Carpet Technician Assistant, Carpet Installer, Wood Floor Refinisher/Restorer
Stanley Steemer Job Opportunities
One of the largest carpet cleaning companies in the nation, Stanley Steemer resonates among communities everywhere. Reaching 95% of the United States population, the cleaning company provides responsive service 24/7. Highly-trained technicians, never subcontractors, extend the life of floors and furnishings through care and maintenance. Employees arrive at doorsteps ready to assist with residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, tile, grout, and hardwood cleaning. In familiar yellow vans, staff members come prepared with state-of-the-art equipment and products. Whether working for corporately-owned branches or independently-owned franchises, staff members unite as teams to bring success to the entire company as a whole.
Offering superior training and top-notch benefit packages, talented individuals seeking positions in the carpet cleaning industry find rewarding entry-level careers with room for advancement. In fact, many franchise owners and corporate workers begin careers in entry-level positions. Current employees share different aspects of jobs on the website. Some staff members even post journals recounting entire days in particular occupations. Career paths range from carpet cleaning technicians and customer service advisors to managers in training and telemarketing representatives.
Stanley Steemer Employment Outlook and Pay Scale Information
Workers must submit to drug screenings, motor vehicle record checks, and criminal background checks. Applicants actively engage with customers by possessing outgoing and helpful personalities. By meeting core values, candidates also maintain professional internal and exterior relationships with coworkers and suppliers. Job hopefuls should maintain social interaction skills, as most positions gear heavily toward customer service. The major service company frequently accepts applications for the following positions:
Customer Service Advisor
- Individuals interested in handling inbound and outbound telephone calls may take interest in making hourly wages of $8.00 to $11.00 as customer service advisors.
- Duties range from scheduling carpet cleaning to describing products and services.
- Employees obtain accurate order information from customers to successfully complete requests.
- Associates should display comfort when using email and other forms of communication, as well.
- Staff members demonstrate persuasive techniques, while interacting with customers to upsell products.
- Typically, positions require no previous experience to submit applications and remain entry-level with room for advancement.
Carpet Cleaning Technician
- By providing quality carpet and upholstery cleaning, technicians guarantee customer approval.
- Basic duties such as setting cleaning vans up and moving furniture prior to beginning remain necessary.
- Employees remain accountable for cleaning tools and products.
- Salary packages start at $30,000 a year and require extensive physical demands.
- To perform essential functions of the position, carpet cleaners bend, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl on regular bases.
- Workers drive cleaning vehicles or ride along as passengers and may sit for extended periods of time, as well.
Outside Sales Representative
- Performing in assigned territories, representatives generate leads and close deals with new and returning customers.
- Associates maintain responsibility for all sales activities and must utilize implemented marketing plans.
- Workers give effective presentations on product lines and available services, such as the cleaning of commercial and residential carpet, tile, hardwood and air duct dusting.
- While working with sales managers, employees also develop annual business plans to detail sales quota.
- Workers must maintain databases for cold calls, direct mail, and email to accomplish networking requirements.
- A minimum of two years previous experience remains mandatory along with relationship management and an understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- New-hire candidates stand eligible to receive starting pay rates of $44,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
The best method of applying for current openings consists of locating desired branch locations. Applicants should browse job descriptions online and research prerequisite skills. The contact information of hiring managers displays when entering zip codes. Candidates may apply in person with resumes and fill out application forms upon arrival. Qualified job seekers typically arrive prepared and organized. Professionalism remains highly valued along with approachable and friendly demeanors. Hopefuls may also call local facilities to inquire about available openings.
Recruiters review applications and qualifications of potential workers. If the requirements match, hiring managers contact candidates to discuss the next steps in the interview process. Assertive candidates may find success in contacting recruiters a few days after submitting applications. Hiring managers store unqualified resumes for future openings and may contact contenders with other job opportunities. Individuals exhibit persistence by applying for multiple locations and positions.
Benefits of Working for Stanley Steemer
Employment benefits allow workers to plan for the future and maintain a sense of security for the present. Medical insurance along with hospitalization plans and prescription cards support excellent healthcare coverage options. Generous company matched 401(k) retirement plans allow individuals to save for future needs. Life insurance and long-term disability also help satisfy forthcoming concerns. For staff members seeking time away from work, paid time off plans guarantee vacation and sick time to eligible hires. Other work benefits may include:
- Employee assistance programs
- Onsite fitness centers
- Discounts on services and products, and
- Dental and vision coverage.
Additional Information on Stanley Steemer
Associates actively participate in charities to support surrounding communities. Since many of the locations stand as franchises, owners individually decide which causes to join. Some Stanley Steemer businesses support non-profit agencies for cancer research and children disabilities, while others employ volunteer firemen and join the fight to decrease childhood obesity. Most of the franchises contribute annually to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Yellow vans and volunteers support the cause and pass out materials from the company. In 2012, the carpet cleaner successfully surpassed the goal of $100,000 by almost $55,000 to donate to the Susan G. Komen foundation.