The Starbucks brand has an international presence, selling espresso drinks, tea, food, and more. With stores numbering in the tens of thousands, it is one of the most widely recognized coffee shops, sporting an iconic, nautical logo inspired by the double-tailed siren of Greek mythology.
Facts About Working at Starbucks
Minimum Age to Work at Starbucks: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Starbucks?)
Starbucks Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location
Available Positions at Starbucks: Barista, cashier, district manager, manager, shift supervisor
Starbucks Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Starbucks:
Starbucks Job OpportunitiesEmployment Requirements
Starbucks jobs call for applicants to be at least 16 years old. Experience is not necessary for entry-level work, but hiring managers may prefer candidates who have a history in the service industry.Work Environment and Perks
A friendly setting is important at Starbucks. Jobs involve making customers happy by meeting their needs, and getting along with fellow staff. Upon hire, workers enjoy a fair base pay, employment benefits, and discounts.Starbucks Career Potential
Any driven employee could become a manager. The company promotes workers from within to leadership roles. Management jobs at Starbucks offer salary packages, but require excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Employment and Salary Information for Starbucks
Those seeking work may fill out part-time or full-time job applications. Starbucks hires for the following positions regularly:
- Employees prepare food or beverages and keep a clean workspace.
- Baristas’ typical pay rates are minimum wage, plus tips.
- Workers should have a good attitude and basic knowledge of coffee.
- Learn more by accessing the Starbucks barista job description.
- Cashiers ring out purchases, serve orders, and maintain store cleanliness./li>
- Workers in this Starbucks job earn minimum hourly wages.
- Employees must have strong communication and customer service skills.
- Check out the Starbucks cashier job description.
- Managers implement corporate standards, organize employees, and promote sales initiatives.
- Annual salary options start out at $25k and might increase to as much as $60k.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age with retail or restaurant experience.
- Read the Starbucks manager job description for more information.
Tips for Applying
Entry-level job seekers can submit paper Starbucks applications at any store. Some like to apply online which is an option too. Those looking for more advanced careers will need to attach a resume and cover letter. Each worker should review all forms for accuracy before turning them in.
The best way to check on a Starbucks application form is to stop by the location and speak directly to hiring staff. This can show drive and passion for the position. Staying in touch after the visit helps candidates stay informed on job status and can lead to interviews.
Benefits of Working at Starbucks
Starbucks job benefits are generous for both part-time and full-time workers. For most, eligibility begins at 20 hours per week. Employment incentives include:
- 401(k) plans with matching
- Vacations, paid time off, sick leave, and other personal days
- Discounted stock purchase plans
- Full healthcare coverage, including vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Tuition assistance for student workers
- Employee discounts on snacks and drinks during shifts
- Limited life insurance
Additional Information about Starbucks
The chain sells merchandise such as French presses, mugs, and keepsakes. Patrons may buy bags of Starbucks coffee to use at home. Many employees even get to take a free pound every week.