How to Get a Job at Starbucks
The complete guide (everything you need to know) for applying to Starbucks. Here is what we cover:
Facts About Working at Starbucks
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Starbucks?)
Available Positions: Barista, cashier, manager, shift supervisor
Applying Online at Starbucks.com
When applying for a job at Starbucks, you can search for available positions through the company’s website. Interested candidates may be able to apply in-store with a paper job application, but the Starbucks Career page can also give you access to all available jobs, from entry-level gigs to management positions.
Go to the Starbucks website career page. Enter your location in the search bar.
You may also Select the “Find a Job” tab at the top of the page. Then, read about the type of job you want.
You will be taken to a 3rd party websites (https://starbucks.taleo.net/). Scroll down and look for an opening near you.
Click the job opening that interests you and review the description.
Hit the big green “Apply” button above the description, if this job aligns with your experience and interests.
Accept the privacy rights agreement on the next page.
Scroll down and click the “new candidate” button.
Create a username and password with a valid email address to create a profile you can use to apply for jobs through the Starbucks website.
Complete the Starbucks application form in its entirety. Then, submit the application.
Tips for Applying at Starbucks
When applying for your desired role, a helpful tip is to read the job description and position requirements to ensure you’re a good fit. Proofread your application for any spelling or grammatical errors and double-check that your contact information and work history are correct and up to date. Remember, you must be at least 16 years old in most states to apply.
If you’re applying for a supervisor or manager job, be sure to attach a resume and cover letter to your completed work form. If you submit your Starbucks application in person, hand your documents directly to a manager to show your enthusiasm.
To view the status of your Starbucks application, log in to your online account on the company’s website. You may receive a phone call or email from a hiring manager to schedule an interview if your application is successful. Of course, you can also check on a Starbucks application form by visiting your chosen location and speaking to a hiring manager.
Starbucks Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Starbucks:
Starbucks Job Opportunities
Starbucks careers give applicants a chance to develop new skills and grow within the company. Starbucks positions include entry-level roles for those new to the workforce and management jobs that require previous food service or leadership experience. Whichever role you’re applying for, your main duties as a Starbucks employee involve working as a team to make customers happy.
Those who impress Starbucks hiring managers and land a job at the coffeehouse gain access to competitive wages, generous benefits and employee discounts. Starbucks also allows team members to work their way up to a supervisory role. Workers with exceptional organization and interpersonal skills can earn a promotion to a salaried management position.
How Much Does Starbucks Pay An Hour?
The Starbucks pay rate varies depending on the position and whether the employee works part-time or full-time. Entry-level employees working as baristas usually earn an hourly wage that increases over time based on job performance. Meanwhile, those in management and corporate positions can enjoy generous salary packages.
Starbucks Positions & Salaries
Whether you’re after a part-time barista job or a full-time supervisory career, you can apply to Starbucks online to start pursuing your chosen Starbucks position. Many locations also hold Starbucks hiring events where job seekers can participate in open interviews, make a good first impression on hiring personnel and possibly receive a job offer. Consider applying for Starbucks careers like:
- Starbucks baristas are in charge of preparing food and beverages while keeping a clean workspace.
- Attention to detail, communication skills, and vast knowledge of the Starbucks menu are essential for workers in this role.
- Base pay for these employees starts at around $13.00 an hour plus tips. Check out the Starbucks barista job description to learn more.
- Cashers at Starbucks take customer orders, ring up purchases, and maintain store cleanliness.
- They may also work a hybrid position as a barista during busy store hours, so strong communication and customer service skills are a must.
- Cashiers can make $12.00 or more an hour. For more information, look at the Starbucks cashier job description.
Assistant Store Manager
- Assistant store managers handle store operations, promote sales, and organize and recruit employees.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and have previous retail experience before pursuing this position.
- The annual Starbucks salary for assistant managers is about $47K. Read the Starbucks manager job description for more information.
Starbucks Job Benefits
Part-time and Full-time employees who work at least 20 hours per week are eligible to receive a Starbucks benefits package. As part of this program, workers can enjoy generous base pay and bonuses, retirement accounts, and employee discounts. Other Starbucks benefits include:
- Vacations, paid time off, sick leave, and personal days
- Discounted stock purchase plans
- Full healthcare coverage including vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Tuition assistance for student workers
- Limited life insurance and disability coverage
- Parental leave
- Commuter benefits
Additional Information about Starbucks
Starbucks strives to make a positive impact on people and communities around the world. To help all employees feel welcome, the company ensures that each Starbucks location promotes an inclusive atmosphere and supports workplace diversity. Also, Starbucks ethically sources its coffee to support farmers across the globe.
Starbucks is an international coffeehouse chain that offers cafe menu items like coffee, espresso, tea, and pastries. With tens of thousands of locations to choose from, the company makes it easy for job seekers around the world to visit their local coffee shop and apply for a fun and fulfilling Starbucks career.