Stein Mart operates over 250 stores in more than two dozen states and sells apparel, footwear, linens, and home items. The establishment needs a strong workforce to operate each location, which often exceed 35,000sqft. in size. Each in-store department offers entry-level and professional job titles, like associate, department lead, visual display associate, assistant manager, and store manager.
Facts About Working at Stein Mart
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Stein Mart?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Loss Prevention Officer, Cashier, Cash Office Auditor, Customer Service Lead, Director of Cash Management, Director of eCommerce, Director of Merchandising, Divisional Merchandising Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Inventory Control Accounting Manager, Inventory Control Clerk, Receiving Associate, POS Technical Analyst, Service Associate, Store Systems Analyst, Visual Display Associate, Human Resources Associate, Information Technology Associate, Buyer, Area Loss Prevention Manager
Stein Mart Job Opportunities
Employment seekers 16 years or older obtain entry-level jobs at Stein Mart with ease. The retailer conveniently details open positions and job descriptions on the company website. Entry-level positions like service associate revolve around providing pleasant shopping experiences for each patron. Other simple tasks required of entry-level employees do not necessitate backgrounds in retail. Applicants must demonstrate strong work ethics and amicable character traits to qualify for basic job titles.
Many associates develop entry-level jobs into meaningful management careers at Stein Mart through in-house promotion. Several years of experience and leadership skills remain necessary qualifications for upper-level positions with the retailer. Store leaders must build teams of great employees and maintain or increase store profitability through strategic planning and consistent implementation of visual marketing techniques. Aspiring associates should submit an application online to begin the hiring process.
Stein Mart Positions and Salary Information
The retailer offers pay consistent with industry standards and comprehensive training programs. Hardworking individuals hoping to begin careers in the department store sector discover a bounty of advancement opportunities, as well. Stein Mart provides a complete description of each job title on the official website and often hires for the following popular positions:
- Service associates act as the backbone of store operations.
- Working cash registers, stocking products, cleaning, helping customers find merchandise, and offering helpful suggestions based on product knowledge represent just a few of the tasks required of service associates.
- Typical pay for service associates ranges from minimum wage to $10.00 per hour.
- Merchandising positions comprise job titles like visual display associate, merchandising lead, and merchandising/area manager.
- Associates on the merchandising team create enticing displays to model products and increase overall store sales.
- Employees must possess eyes for fashion, knack for organization, and desires to work on a team.
- Visual display associates typically earn hourly wages between $10.00 and $13.00.
- Stein Mart prefers to hire experienced workers with higher education to fill upper-level merchandising positions.
- Merchandising managers bring in annual salary options between $30,000 and $40,000.
- Popular management positions include customer service manager, assistant store manager, and store manager.
- Customer service managers ensure an inviting front-of-store area, deal with customer issues and returns, and train new service associates.
- The position secures hourly wages between $12.00 and $13.00.
- Assistant and store managers build great teams of associates through recruiting, training, and fostering an exciting work atmosphere.
- Managers must have talent in areas of organization, planning, delegation, and communication to maintain smooth operations at each location.
- Ultimately, managers must meet sales goals and increase profits whenever possible.
- Computer skills prove necessary for the job. Salary options for managers typically range from $35,000 to $75,000 per year, with specific pay dependent on job title, experience, and tenure.
Tips For Applying
As with many other companies, Stein Mart offers an easy application process online. Job seekers find open positions and apply by visiting the career portal online and creating personal user profiles on the company website. Prospective workers may also apply by uploading a resume and cover letter and specifying a desired position. Proofread all materials before submitting to avoid misspellings or incorrect information.
The length of the application process may vary by location and department management; however, most job seekers wait no more than a week to hear from hiring managers after requesting employment. Promising applicants often receive contact by phone during the hiring process. After applying, some candidates may need to follow up via telephone or in-person to check on the status of the application. Applicants should demonstrate professionalism and respect when following up. Simply ask the manager if she received the hiring request and express interest in working at the department store.
Benefits of Working at Stein Mart
Full-time and part-time employees receive a variety of job benefits, a few of which include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Healthcare, and flexible spending accounts.
Healthcare coverage comprises medical, dental, and vision insurance. Additional work benefits, like long-term and short-term disability assistance, employee stock purchase programs, optional direct deposit, and paid time off help employees feel secure, plan for the future, and maintain a healthy balance between work and home life. All associates receive store discounts.
Additional Information on Stein Mart
Job seekers find added employment opportunities in receiving. Duties include unloading trucks, preparing merchandise for store placement by pricing and organizing, and keeping proper inventory via company computers. Workers should stand in good physical condition, as the job requires lifting, pushing, reaching, bending, and standing on foot for long periods of time. Receiving managers oversee the handling of incoming merchandise, assist with loss prevention, and ensure associates work efficiently and safely. Entry-level receiving jobs pay hourly wages between $9.00 and $10.00. Receiving managers often take home annual salary options around $30,000.