Designer Steve Madden started crafting shoes in Queens, NY, in 1990. A multinational company serving millions of customers worldwide, the chain of footwear stores routinely hires on creative and motivated workers to fill entry-level jobs and professional careers.
Facts About Working at Steve Madden
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Steve Madden?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Cashier, Account Associate, Accounts Receivable Assistant, Accounts Receivable Associate, Assistant Designer, eCommerce Marketing Manager, Freelance Photographer, Graphic Designer, Handbag Designer, Key Account Associate, Lead Stock Associate, Marketing Manager, Sales Assistant, Sales Coordinator, Sales Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Lead Website Photographer, Human Resources Associate
Steve Madden Employee Interview Videos
Steve Madden Job Opportunities
Globally recognized as a leader in the fashion industry, Steve Madden operates as a retail, wholesale, and international endeavor. In addition to marketing products under owned brands, the footwear company designs and sources outerwear, intimate apparel, eyewear, hosiery, jewelry, fragrances, luggage, bedding, and bath products. Versatility in product offerings brings new jobs and provides workers chances to expand into new markets. Most employment opportunities feature casual yet fast-paced environments and require associates to maintain balance energy and professionalism. Given the dynamic nature of the industry, the conglomerate seeks talented associates offering creativity and originality.
Steve Madden maintains presence in over 55 countries, with roughly 185 retail stores. The brand represents lifestyles embracing trending fashions. Team member jobs boast family-oriented settings boasting fun and hip atmospheres. Entry-level employees must exhibit people-skills in team-oriented environments to build long-lasting relationships with customers. Room for growth into managerial roles also remains possible. Motivated employment hopefuls may take interest in corporate careers, as well.
Steve Madden Employment and Wages Information
Inspired by rock and roll, sex appeal, and urban edge, Steve Madden creates innovative and chic products. Retail locations remain youthful, upbeat, and energetic to draw in customers. Salespersons enjoy the freedom to express personalities through flexible dress codes. Positive and enthusiastic individuals possessing high school diplomas or equivalents should consider submitting applications for the entry-level positions listed below:
- Main duties involve establishing clientele and catering to customer needs.
- Each shopper should receive outstanding service in friendly environments.
- Sales associates need solid product knowledge, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to operate computers.
- Retail store employees must always maintain awareness of merchandise promotions and advertisements.
- Most sales associates start out on a part-time basis and earn between $7.00 and $9.00 per hour before commission.
- Cashiers greet and acknowledge each arriving and departing shopper.
- In order to assure consumers receive the utmost care, workers may need to assist sales associates in answering questions or retrieving products.
- Cashiers also help with floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, cleaning, and returning products to inventory.
- Candidates must exemplify efficient math skills and quickly make change.
- Pay rates for cashiers average slightly above minimum wage at approximately $8.00 hourly but may increase with store success.
- Store managers ensure stores achieve target productivity, sales, and profitability quotas in day-to-day operations.
- Other tasks include actively recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating store staff on a continual basis.
- Managers also monitor employee performance regarding merchandising, customer service, store safety, cleanliness, shrinkage, and cost control.
- In order to receive consideration, candidates must possess two to four years management experience and two to four years of retail experience.
- Salary rates for store managers range between $45,000 to $55,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Steve Madden typically hires sales-driven professionals. Many candidates find discussing sales psychology and marketing techniques during the interview process results in subsequent meetings and further review. Applicants should mention weekend availability on application forms or during interviews, as well. Most entry-level staff start out in varying schedules before moving into permanent and regular roles.
Employment hopefuls may wish to make in-store purchases from Steve Madden product lines to establish a physical presence amongst potential coworkers. Visiting desired store locations after submitting hiring forms often represents an ideal course of action in order to check on the statuses of applications. Wearing brand apparel or shoes during follow-up measures exemplifies brand loyalty in the minds of hiring managers. Alternatively, applicants may call or email appropriate representatives in order to inquire about the hiring statuses.
Benefits of Working for Steve Madden
Full-time employees receive comprehensive job benefit packages including:
- 401(k) plans
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off, and
- Medical insurance.
Workers enjoy flexible schedules in energetic and laid back environments. Successful salespersons may enjoy competitive employee discounts, periodic free shoes, and commissions. Steve Madden also provides tuition reimbursement and partakes in community outreach programs.
Extra Information on Steve Madden
Steve Madden partners with Kravetz to form an anti-bullying nonprofit called The Farley Project. The social responsibility initiative encourages giving back to the community in altruistic forms. After making several trips to India, Bali, and Thailand, partners created designs solely to help children in third-world countries. Through the anti-bullying organization, companies connect with the media to help gain exposure for charities.