Subway is one of the fastest-growing fast-food restaurants in the world. Mainly focusing on submarine sandwiches, the chain also sells wraps, salads, cookies, and breakfast items at many locations.
Facts About Working at Subway
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Subway?)
Available Positions: Assistant manager, manager, sandwich artist, shift manager, team member
Subway Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Subway:
Subway Job Opportunities
Perfect First Job
With 44,000 locations, the company is always hiring on new staff. The chain seeks new workers for customer service and sandwich artist roles. Jobs in management are offered to those with Subway career aspirations.
Finding the Right Team Members
Subway looks for outgoing employees. Individuals should be at ease in fast-paced environments. Associates often start as sandwich artists but can earn promotions with outstanding work.
Subway Employment and Wage Info
Those looking for Subway careers should be at least 16 years old. Not all job titles require experience. Upon hire, part-time and full-time employees receive above average wages and paid training.
- Sandwich artists greet customers, prepare food, and operate cash registers.
- The pay rate begins at $8 an hour. Prior experience is not necessary.
- Other duties include restocking items and cleaning dining rooms or kitchens.
- Click on the Subway sandwich artist job description for more details.
- Assistant managers earn hourly wages around $10 per hour.
- Employees should have a high school diploma and experience in food service.
- A general knowledge of computers is helpful.
- Typical duties include managing staff and recommending promotions.
- Other tasks involve filling out paperwork and assisting with special events.
- Assistant managers must complete training courses at the University of Subway.
- Take a look at the Subway assistant manager job description, including an employee job interview video.
- These associates earn a salary package ranging from $23k to nearly $45k a year.
- To qualify, applicants need a high school diploma and two years of managerial experience.
- Workers must ensure food safety by following cleanliness standards.
- Managers must monitor the security of their restaurants.
- They are also responsible for hiring, training, and creating schedules.
Tips for Applying
Entry-level hopefuls may apply online or in person with paper forms. On the website, candidates can read job outlines, see comments, and create profiles. Each section of the Subway application form should be filled in with current and correct information.
Candidates should follow up with hiring managers a few days after submitting their job application. This can be done in-person or through phone and email. Some seeking Subway jobs choose to follow up through phone or email, as well. If called in for a meeting, hopefuls should dress nice, bring resumes, and be ready to answer interview questions.
Job Benefits while Working for Subway
Subway offers medical insurance to workers. This includes dental, vision, and healthcare coverage. Employees are also eligible for:
- Paid time off
- Food discounts
- Flexible scheduling
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
Additionally, employee assistance programs become available over time.
More Information on Subway
The restaurant chain gives parents and kids a fun, interactive platform with Subway Kids online. Children can play games while parents read menu options and nutritional information. Other features include outdoor activities for the whole family and information on Subway’s school and community involvement.