A rising name in the telecommunications industry, Suddenlink serves over 1.4 million customers. To keep up with demands, the company regularly hires job hopefuls for entry-level positions and long-term careers. Individuals with a variety of specialties may find fulfilling work with the industry leader.
Facts About Working at Suddenlink
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Suddenlink?)
Available Positions: Field Services Technician, Customer Support Representative, Broadband Technician, Construction Technician, Account Executive, Outbound Sales Representative, Door to Door Representative, Direct Sales Supervisor, Headend Technician, Field Services Supervisor, Quality Assurance Inspector, Operations Technician, Retail Sales Agent, Marketing Specialist, Sales Engineer, Recruiter, Sales Manager, Account Manager, Photo Producer, Dispatcher, Collections Specialist, Technical Trainer, IT Coordinator, Fiscal Operations Analyst, Traffic Supervisor, Systems Support Engineer, Technical Operations Manager, Facility Technician, Network Engineer, Dispatch Manager, Dispatcher, Data Analyst, Inventory Control Specialist, Routing Clerk
Suddenlink Job Opportunities
Started in 2003, Suddenlink serves a growing area including Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, and West Virginia. Job hopefuls in the area find job security and plentiful opportunities for career growth with the telecommunications company. The information technology retailer values trailblazers, customer-focused mindsets, family-oriented standards, visionaries, and integrity. Individuals able to demonstrate a commitment to or possession of such principles may receive favor with hiring managers.
Suddenlink draws on diverse industries and covers any potential customer needs. Individuals with knowledge of or backgrounds in retail, sales, customer service, management, maintenance, and information technology fare well in various company positions. Job hopefuls seeking entry-level positions may obtain work without previous employment experience. Additionally, workers who show promise, dedication, and passion for the job may become eligible for promotions into salaried positions.
Suddenlink Positions and Salary Information
As most positions require technical knowledge, trade skills, and intensive responsibilities, candidates under the age of 18 may not apply. Furthermore, most positions require applicants possess high school diplomas or GEDs. Accessible, entry-level work the company consistently accepts applications for includes:
Customer Service Representative
- Working in call centers to serve both the customer and the company, customer service representatives must possess the ability to remain friendly and professional while discussing problems, concerns, and questions with a diverse range of individuals.
- Interested candidates should also demonstrate keyboarding skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to perform basic math.
- While hiring personnel prefer job candidates with previous employment in customer service positions, individuals without formal experience receive consideration, as well.
- Regular duties include fielding incoming calls as quickly as possible, troubleshooting issues with customers, offering information regarding billing, special promotions, and products, working with other team members to increase collections efficiency, and maintaining customer files to ensure records remain organized, up to date, and accurate.
- Customer service representatives earn average hourly wages of $12.00.
Retail Sales Agent
- Interested applicants need valid driver’s licenses, as retail sales agents visit homes to make sales, provide information, and assist customers with purchased products.
- Job candidates with backgrounds in customer service or sales, specifically experience with jobs offering commission, may earn preference during the hiring process.
- Additionally, ideal candidates possess the ability to lift up to 15 pounds, speak more than one language, remain able to sit or stand for extended periods, and manage several tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Available as full-time and part-time positions, retail sales agents earn salary packages of about $20,000 to $30,000 a year based on experience.
- Regular duties individuals filling sales agent positions must perform include greeting customers in a professional manner, determining the needs of the customer, offering product upgrades, explaining billing procedures, executing collections, educates customers on products and equipment, and maintains accurate customer databases.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls may browse available work on the careers section of the company website. Candidates maintain the option of creating profiles with the job hosting portal or submitting applications without one. Keeping personal information, employment experience, and education history handy during the process allows applicants to complete the online form within 10 to 15 minutes. Additionally, individuals retain the ability to upload resumes directly to the application. Before submitting, job hopefuls may benefit from checking over provided information for error.
Applicants who choose to create profiles using the job hosting portal may then use the profiles to check application statuses. Simply log in and visit the section titled application status to view if an application remains in progress, selected for further consideration, or rejected. While using the portal persists as the preferred method of inquiry for Suddenlink hiring personnel, job candidates may also call stores, conduct in-person visits, or email managers. Regardless of follow-up method, applicants should handle communications politely and professionally.
Benefits of Working at Suddenlink
As a growing telecommunications company, Suddenlink provides employees competitive pay and comprehensive work benefits packages. Company medical insurance covers:
- Dental, vision, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- Workers also get paid time off, holiday pay, tuition assistance
- 401(k) plans with company match, and associate discounts.
More Information on Suddenlink
To reward loyal customers, Suddenlink offers a VIPperks program. Individuals may save money and qualify for special perks by purchasing bundles including digital video, internet, and phone. Qualifying VIPperks customers obtain exclusive customer service numbers to ensure issues and questions receive attention as quickly as possible. VIP customers may also take advantage of TV caller ID, wherein caller information shows up on the television screen when people call landlines. VIPs may also receive occasional free movies via on demand or pay-per-view and surprise perks, such as previews of new products.