Nationally recognized, SunTrust Bank operates almost 1,500 branches and nearly 2,200 ATMs across Southern states. Entry-level positions hold available for customer-oriented workers in branch and commercial banking, mortgage lending, marketing, and operations.
Facts About Working at SunTrust Bank
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at SunTrust Bank?)
Available Positions: Bank Teller, Manager, Work Plan Manager-IT Technology Planner, Windows Integration Engineer, Wholesale Credit Modeling Analyst, UNIX Server Engineer, Regional Sales Manager, Technical Specialist, Services Banker, Testing & Validation Analyst, Teller Lead, Teller Coordinator, Server Metrics Specialist, Database Analyst, Corporate Risk Information and Technology Director, Business Deposits Analytics Manager, Wealth Management Strategist, Business Intelligence Engineer, Wholesale Credit Modeling Analyst
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Suntrust Bank Interview Videos
SunTrust Bank Job Opportunities
SunTrust provides standard personal and commercial banking, along with mortgage, insurance, investment banking, and wealth management. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, the bank operates in almost a dozen states in the U.S. South to include Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, among others. Prospective candidates choose from part-time or full-time hours. Internships also pose available for college students. Job seekers and employees stay up-to-date on company news by following on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and may submit applications online.
Fostering diverse and inclusive environments, the financial institution creates vibrant workplaces based on surrounding communities. Hiring managers recruit talented and motivated teammates from an array of backgrounds to accommodate changing marketplaces. Zero-tolerance policies eliminate harassment and discrimination. The SunTrust Diversity Council ensures women and minorities fill positions in influential roles. The U.S. Department of Labor awarded the bank in 2004 with the New Freedom Initiative Award for easing banking procedures for people with disabilities. The company also simplifies application processes for veterans. By entering military job codes, job seekers find relevant openings.
SunTrust Bank Employment and Wages Information
Qualified applicants possess previous experience in customer service positions. High school diplomas or equivalents remain mandatory. Application forms should demonstrate superior communication, computer, and mathematical skills. Hiring managers seek individuals capable of following instructions and working under guidelines. Team atmospheres require employees to unite to achieve common goals. Entry-level candidates find available positions in the following job titles:
- SunTrust Bank provides leading industry service by ensuring tellers receive formal training and continuing education.
- Employees handle face-to-face banking transactions, such as processing deposits, withdrawals, payments, and balancing.
- Workers must comply with internal controls, operational procedures, and risk-management policies.
- Team members persuade clients to invest in other products and services offered by the bank, as well.
- With hourly wages of $11.00 to $14.00, tellers also earn commission based on sales abilities.
- Tellers hold the responsibility of developing rapports with prospects, as thousands of potential clients enter branches around the United States on daily bases.
Client Service Specialist
- Building lasting relationships with clients, specialists ensure customer satisfaction.
- Salary packages range from $26,000 to $39,000 a year depending on experience and education levels.
- Recruiters encourage people with six months to one year of sales or service experience to apply.
- Advanced knowledge of products and services allow associates to better serve clientele.
- Branches maintain driven sales goals with each employee responsible for contributing to overall projections.
- Workers must adhere to policies and procedures defined by the financial institution.
- Employees should also possess basic mathematic and numeric sequencing skills.
- Associates answer and respond to inbound and outbound phone calls from clients, third-parties, and internal departments.
- Recruiters prefer candidates possess one year of related experience in banking or call centers; however, applicants with no experience still meet basic qualifications.
- Typing, communication skills, and previous PC knowledge help personnel succeed in positions.
- Employees identify and refer appropriate financial solutions based on needs of clients.
- Occasionally, workers also perform administrative and maintenance duties to assist in operational and technical problems.
- Representatives earn pay rates between $23,000 and $37,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Individuals interested in joining applicant pools should locate the online talent community. Prospective candidates connect with the latest opportunities by providing emails. Job agents customize search results by narrowing keywords and locations. The online portal also maintains a feature entitled Top Job Searches allowing prospective associates to locate in-demand positions. Applicants need to create separate accounts for applications. Employment hopefuls register and supply basic information about previous experience and education. Entry-level contenders should apply in local branches and seek hiring managers. Job seekers should come prepared by dressing professionally and providing top-notch resumes and applications. Most positions require interacting with the general public. Polite demeanors stand essential.
After applying, candidates check statuses of submissions through the career portal. Profiles may also receive periodical updates as necessary. Applicants should follow up on applications in-person, as well. When visiting local branches, prepare to discuss experience and interest in the company. Job seekers should engage with employees and hiring managers in upbeat and personable ways. Normally, hiring processes take between one and three weeks to complete. Recruiters call candidates meeting the minimal qualifications and ask series of questions before scheduling in-person and over-the-phone interviews.
Benefits of Working for SunTrust Bank
The bank helps employees achieve balance between work and life pursuits. A generous vacation policy allows for paid time off and holidays.
- Employee assistance programs offer counseling along with child and general living resources.
- Workers plan for the future with 401(k) retirement plans and life insurance.
- After one month of service, individuals and families become eligible for dental, vision, and medical insurance.
- Lavish healthcare coverages also include flexible spending accounts.
- The company takes pride in supporting professional goals with in-house career development programs, such as SunTrust University, which offers a variety of strategies and solutions to meet the needs of bank staff members.
More Information on SunTrust Bank
Teaming with LearnVest, parent company SunTrust Banks provides tips and information granting individuals the tools needed to manage money efficiently. From students and families to career professionals and retirees, the partners advance financial well-beings. The articles feature on the online resource center along with plans designed to get people organized. Compelling stories entertain a variety of readers from various entire age spectrums. LearnVest helps thousands of people discover financial freedom. The merger between the two companies allows bank users opportunities to absorb knowledge and use products and services offered by SunTrust.
Felix Annie says:
I like banking so much and I would like to work and continue my banking career with Sun Trust Bank.