Super 8 offers affordable lodging to travelers and vacationers at more than 2,000 locations in the United States and Canada. As one of the largest budget lodging chains in the U.S., the hospitality company frequently hires on both entry-level and career-minded associates to operate hotels. Workers looking for a job in the hospitality industry may apply online via the company website.
Facts About Working at Super 8
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Super 8?)
Available Positions: Guest Services Clerk, Maintenance Worker, Houskeeper, Bell Person, Customer Service Representative, Inventory Clerk, Receptionist, Manager
Super 8 Job Opportunities
As an establishment functioning around the clock, Super 8 needs entry-level employees to provide unequaled customer service during morning, evening, and overnight shifts. While entry-level job descriptions prove simple in nature, the economy lodging company still prefers applicants with some prior customer service or hospitality-related experience. Aspiring guest care agents may also need to possess high school diplomas. Employees enjoy competitive pay, onsite training, and flexible hours.
Hospitality industry professionals frequently discover online opportunities to join the Super 8 management team. Aspiring managers must often possess several years of experience, a college degree in a related field, and notable leadership aptitude to obtain upper-level jobs. Often charged with motivating employees and completing a checklist of daily administrative tasks, managers typically work full-time schedules and stand on foot for long periods of time. The hotel company rewards upper-level associates with great pay and an array of employee benefits package options, which vary location to location. Submit an application online to commence the hiring process.
Super 8 Positions and Salary Information
The many departments and facets of each location create a litany of job titles and responsibilities. Super 8 regularly lists new job opportunities in customer service, housekeeping, maintenance, and management online. Hiring managers review applications in search of promising candidates. Workers 18 and older often find openings for the following popular jobs:
Guest Services Agent
- Associates with the job title of guest services agent generally work morning, afternoon, evening, or overnight shifts at the front end of Super 8 motels.
- Main duties include answering phones, taking reservations, greeting and assisting guests with check in and check out, and providing customers with available amenities throughout visits.
- Employees must perform all duties courteously and efficiently.
- Workers may receive additional tasks from supervisors or managers requiring physical fitness.
- Guest service agents should maintain the ability to stand on foot for long periods of time and lift up to 20 pounds on a regular basis.
- Hourly pay between $8.00 and $10.00 proves typical for guest services agents.
- Housekeeping positions require workers to possess minimal previous experience.
- Associates clean guest bedrooms, bathrooms, hallways, and other public areas according to Super 8 protocol.
- The job entails activities like standing, walking, bending, reaching, and scrubbing.
- Housekeepers must also stand in good enough physical condition to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and push carts full of cleaning equipment throughout the hotel.
- Typical cleaning duties include vacuuming and mopping floors, dusting furniture, replenishing room supplies, making beds with fresh linens, and equipping rooms with clean towels and washcloths.
- Housekeeper pay generally ranges from minimum wage to $9.00 per hour.
- Each department needs a manager or supervisor to oversee subordinate employees, tend to guest issues, maintain supply levels, and increase applicable sales.
- Common managerial jobs include guest services supervisor, director of rooms, and hotel manager.
- Guest services supervisors train new associates, oversee front desk operations, ensure smooth check in and check out of guests, and guarantee all employees follow hotel security and safety procedures.
- Hourly pay between $10.00 and $11.00 proves common for guest services supervisors.
- The director of rooms and hotel manager work in tandem to ensure each department operates at maximum efficiency and quality.
- Hiring, firing, training, and scheduling employees prove routine responsibilities for upper-level managers.
- Additional tasks may include inspecting rooms and other areas of the building to ensure cleanliness and safety.
- Managers also handle banking, deposits, and matters pertaining to loss prevention.
- Upper-level management must work towards increasing overall hotel profitability through strategic planning and consistent development of Super 8 employees.
- The average manager may earn a yearly salary between $40,000 and $55,000, depending on job title and experience.
Tips For Applying
Workers should visit the Super 8 website and click on the careers tab to search open positions. Job seekers discover vacancies by category and location. After finding a suitable position, hotel industry aspirants click Apply Online, create a profile on the Wyndham Worldwide career portal, and begin the application process. Applicants may need to yield contact information, employment history, academic accomplishments, and references on the hiring request form. Due to the ongoing nature of hotel operations, candidates who indicate open availability on applications may receive added consideration from hiring managers. Upper-level job hopefuls may need to submit cover letters and resumes, as well. Proofread all answers, and ensure correct contact information before submitting applications.
Most associates cite a fairly short waiting time between submitting applications and hearing from hiring staff. Managers typically review applications and contact eligible applicants via telephone within two or three days of receiving the necessary forms. Applicants who do not receive contact from a hiring manager a week or so after requesting employment may want to follow up with the manager to check on the application status. Always place follow-up phone calls during slow business hours to increase the odds of speaking with a manager. Maintain professional tones throughout conversations and reiterate desire to join the Super 8 team. Job seekers may also check on the status of an application in person by donning professional attire and asking to speak with a manager at the front desk. Some managers may conduct interviews on the spot.
Benefits of Working at Super 8
Super 8 provides employees with an array of job benefits, which often vary by location and official title. Eligible workers gain access to:
- Medical insurance
- Vision and dental plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Long-term and short-term disability coverage, and
- Employee assistance programs.
Many locations also provide associates with free parking, compensated meals during shifts, and discounts on rooms when traveling.
Additional Information on Super 8
Parent company Wyndham Worldwide Corporation owns Super 8 in addition to more than a dozen lodging brands operating in over 60 countries. Workers who join one of Wyndham’s divisions as an employee become part of the “Count On Me!” work culture. The simple three-word slogan refers to the principles of integrity, respect, accountability, initiative, and community, which the massive hospitality company fosters in associates at every turn. As part of the parent organization, employees also enjoy career development prospects through networking, mentoring, shadowing opportunities, and tuition assistance.