International grocery store chain Super H Mart maintains roughly 40 locations throughout the United States. Located primarily along the East Coast, the supermarket chain also manages stores in the South and Midwest. The expansive network of stores allows grocery store industry job seekers to find easily accessible employment in various capacities across the country. Applicants looking for short-term or long-term job opportunities should access and submit an online application to begin the hiring process.
Facts About Working at Super H Mart
Minimum Age to Work at Super H Mart: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Super H Mart?)
Super H Mart Hours of Operation: Open every day: 8:30am-10:00pm
Available Positions at Super H Mart: Cashier, Customer Service Agent, Stock Clerk, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Super H Mart Job Opportunities
Super H Mart stores feature themed formats which mirror traditional Asian markets. The grocery store chain primarily sells Oriental and Oriental-inspired foods. Many of the stores operating under the international brand name also feature in-house restaurants, which provide further opportunities for employment. A majority of employees work part-time with the specialty food retailer; however, full-time opportunities in management and distribution exist, as well.
Applicants must generally possess some background in or experience with Oriental or Asian cultures in order to work for the supermarket, as providing specific information about goods and services proves a necessary part of many jobs. Additional hiring requirements include standing at least 16 years of age for entry-level employment or meeting certain academic and work history standards for managers. Familiarity with or fluency in Asian languages may also prove necessary for employment consideration.
Super H Mart Positions and Pay Scales
Job seekers may access Super H Mart employment opportunities online. The company website supports a job portal which outlines availabilities in nine U.S. states. Most positions require applicants to possess, at minimum, beginner or intermediate abilities in Spanish, Korean, English, and Mandarin Chinese. Job titles commonly for hire include:
- Cashiers assume the responsibilities of operating computerized cash registers to complete transactions and providing general customer service.
- Workers greet patrons, scan and bag groceries, answer questions about products and services, and issue change and receipts.
- The position involves a great deal of communication with coworkers and customers.
- Applicants must possess sound communication skills and friendly, team-oriented attitudes to gain employment.
- Workers must also feel comfortable performing repetitive tasks and standing for hours at a time.
- Average starting pay hovers around minimum wage.
- Available clerk positions provide part-time and full-time scheduling capabilities for entry-level job seekers.
- Workers take on various departmental tasks depending on the specific area assigned.
- Clerk jobs include availabilities in seafood, meat, produce, grocery, R.T.C., and customer service.
- Personable individuals best represent ideal fits for Super H Mart clerk jobs.
- Many positions require associates to perform manual labor.
- Applicants in good health and able to carry out sometimes strenuous job duties often receive hiring consideration over other candidates.
- Clerks employees also earn minimum wage at start, with opportunities for advancement into higher pay scales through proven performance and experience gained.
- Super H Mart also provides opportunities in management.
- Job seekers may find careers as supervisors, assistant store managers, and store managers.
- Fluency in multiple languages may prove necessary for employment as a manager.
- Candidates must also demonstrate abilities to lead teams of subordinates and competency to carry out administrative tasks, such as scheduling, payroll, and inventory.
- Managers may work full-time or part-time.
- Some academic requirements may also need met in order to work as grocery store managers, including high school diplomas or college degrees.
- Specific hiring requirements vary by position. Supervisors typically start out around $10.00 or $11.00 an hour.
- Assistant store managers may make anywhere between $30,000 and $40,000 per year.
- Annual salary for store managers tops out around $60,000.
- Region of employment may influence salary options and hourly pay.
Tips For Applying
Applying for Super H Mart jobs is easy with both online applications and traditional paper forms readily accessible. The company website provides a list of openings and recently closed positions. Listings include the state and store, title of the opportunity, and a short description of duties. Candidates should read over the openings carefully to make sure they are qualified. If so, complete the application by providing addresses, previous experience, education levels, and language abilities. It is a plus if applicants speak Korean. Other desirable qualities include related experience or interest in working for a grocery store, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in quick-paced environments.
Once an application has been submitted, aspirants may receive phone calls from recruiters within a few days. The average hiring process can be completed in as little as a week if the need to fill the position is pressing. When speaking with hiring managers, candidates must remain professional, well-spoken, and genuinely interested in working for Super H Mart. Another approach for job hunters who have not heard from recruiters is to arrive in person and physically greet managers. Individuals must dress to impress by wearing professional attire, maintaining impeccable hygiene, and covering any tattoos. Hopefuls must remember to arrive during slower periods and remain patient if hiring leaders are with customers.
Benefits of Working at Super H Mart
Entry-level positions and even many career opportunities at Super H Mart provide flexible options for scheduling. New-hire workers enjoy paid training and competitive wages as well as diverse and culturally rich job settings. The grocer operates under proprietorship of New Jersey-based Hanahreum Group, which provides additional work benefits to eligible associates ranging from 401(k) retirement plans and paid vacation to medical coverage and life insurance options.
Supplemental Details on Super H Mart
The international grocery store chain offers both in-store and online services. Customers may search through product catalogs available on the Super H Mart website and place orders via the online store. The supermarket ships to most U.S. states and guarantees fresh products upon arrival. Patrons may apply Smart Card rewards to online purchases as well as in-store purchases, which serves as the main rewards program implemented by the grocery store chain, offering redeemable gift certificates after accruing certain amounts of points through purchases.