T-Mobile operates as one of the largest mobile carriers in the world. Nearly 40,000 employees perform a multitude of duties in jobs ranging from entry-level to career-level positions. The company continually needs to supplement current positions with additional hires. Applicants may find roles posted on the company website or by visiting retail locations.
Facts About Working at T-Mobile
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at T Mobile?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Part-Time Retail Sales Associate, Full-Time Retail Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Retail Store Manager, Bilingual Store Associate, Bilingual Store Manager, Account Representative, Administrative Assistant, IT Quality Assurance Associate
T-Mobile Interview Videos
T-Mobile Job Opportunities
Most entry-level applicants find work with limited experience and by qualifying for positions with high school diplomas and standing at least 18 years old. Typical positions entry-level candidates fill with T-Mobile include store associate and customer service representative. Both positions may provide opportunities for advancement, excellent wage options, and flexible scheduling. Most positions necessitate bilingual associates, which in turn lead to faster climbs up the company ladder given experience and tenure. Managers typically need additional experiences and education in order to receive consideration.
T-Mobile commonly seeks employees with a general understanding of customer service techniques, a desire to work with the public, and an aptitude for sales. In addition, employees continually demonstrate a desire to serve the customer, understand and promote the various products and services the company provides, and work exceptionally well in a team environment. Associates must interact with customers consistently in a polite, informative, and service-based way while highlighting company-mandated goals and ideals.
T-Mobile Positions and Salary Information
Most entry-level job seekers find success in sales associate, store operations, and customer service representative positions. Each role typically seeks minimum hiring requirements, such as standing at least 18 years of age and possessing a high school diploma or GED. Managers typically need additional sales and retail experience, and candidates with bachelor’s degrees may receive preference over applicants without. Typically, the following jobs most often need filled:
Retail Sales Associate
- Retail sales associates meet and interact with potential customers in order to start, continue, or transition mobile plans.
- Employees must interact with each customer, find out what each patron needs through feedback and listening, and match each consumer with the proper plan that meets the buyer needs.
- Associates must show genuine understanding of interpersonal skill sets, display excellent communication abilities, and proficiency for sales.
- Retail sales associates may earn wages between $10.00 and $14.00 an hour and start as part-time associates only.
Store Operations Associate
- Working as support team members, store operations associates complete various tasks in order to provide optimal customer service in retail stores.
- Duties include taking physical inventory counts, ensuring products remain easily located, receive all incoming shipments, unpack orders, prepare demo phones for display, and maintain a clean, organized store environment at all times.
- As the first employee customers typically interact with, store operations associates should stay current on all current promotions, sales, and merchandise in order to provide exceptional customer service.
- Store operations associates may earn up to $10.00 hourly wage.
Customer Service Representative
- Working in call center environments, customer service representatives resolve customer queries involving both technical and billing matters.
- Representatives also demonstrate positive and cooperative behaviors with consumers at all times.
- Flexibility in work availability proves necessary, as well.
- Employees must provide complete customer satisfaction, build customer loyalty, and increase revenue through various sales initiatives.
- Customer service representatives should show competency in strategic thinking, innovation, demonstrate a results-focused attitude, and an affinity for continued learning and team building.
- Hourly wages may reach up to $14.00 for customer service representatives.
- Accountable for all operations of the retail store, a manager must show familiarity with all aspects of the supervisory role, including hiring, scheduling, training, loss prevention, team leadership, marketing, and assuming the designation of point of contact for all subordinate employees.
- Managers must show an understanding of a consumer-focused, sales-driven, results-oriented business plan.
- Other duties typically include coaching associates on building relationships with customers, developing strong teams of like-minded individuals, and ensure all employees understand the company sales goals, new products, and all services.
- Store associate managers may earn yearly salaries between $28,000 and $40,000, while store managers may earn up to $50,000 annual salary options.
Tips for Applying
In order to apply for multiple jobs with the mobile carrier, applicants possess the opportunity to build an online profile via the company website. Candidates should allow 30 to 40 minutes when building the profile and should also gather all hiring materials ahead of time to expedite the process. The job profile allows applicants to either enter employment information from scratch or utilize social media. If building from scratch, a job seeker may upload a resume and CV, answer questions related to the position applied for, and add additional information in order to stand out to hiring personnel. Once completed, candidates may apply for various jobs utilizing the same profile repeatedly.
Applicants typically hear from hiring personnel within two to three weeks after applying. Candidates receive notification via email when the company obtains application forms. Job seekers determined to follow up on job status may choose to email human resource recruiters or may also decide to meet with hiring managers at the retail location of choice. In doing so, applicants should dress accordingly to show genuine interest in the hiring process and should also keep in mind peak store hours to not interrupt the daily proceedings. Managers may take interest in candidates arriving in person and may show preference to intrepid applicants, though not necessarily.
Benefits of Working at T-Mobile
T-Mobile offers both full-time and part-time employees a vast array of employee benefits, though most remain time-restrictive in nature. Qualified associates enjoy medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans as well as flexible spending accounts and various life insurance and disability options. Also, the wireless company provides childcare subsidy programs, educational assistance and adoption assistance. In addition, both full- and part-time employees may enjoy a variety of discount programs, including an employee phone program, voluntary benefits, and wellness programs to promote healthier lifestyles. The company also offers enrollment in company-matched:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, and
- Employee referral program.
Additional Information about T-Mobile
The mobile service provider acts as the official wireless sponsor of Major League Baseball and utilized the sponsorship over the 2014 All Star weekend in Minneapolis, MN. T-Mobile unleashed city-wide LTE service in order to prep for the influx of fans, media, and players alike to enhance the experience in and around the stadium. In addition, the company hosted the FanFest activities and allowed mobile subscribers to use the cellphone as a ticket to jump lines and receive discounted tickets. The company also sponsored player meet and greets, pitching and hitting clinics, and mobile charging stations throughout the stadium.