Truckstops of America, or TA, provides unique services which offer comfort and fuel to truck drivers throughout the United States. Each station requires entry-level and career-oriented individuals with backgrounds in various industries to fill part-time and full-time positions.
Facts About Working at TA TruckStops Of America
Minimum Age to Work at TA TruckStops Of America: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at TA Truckstops Of America?)
TA TruckStops Of America Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at TA TruckStops Of America: Team Member, Store Associate, Cashier, Server, Grill Cook, Maintenance Technician, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Diesel Truck/Equipment Mechanic, Lube Technician, Shop Project Leader, Human Resources Administrator
TA Truckstops of America Job Opportunities
Given the distinctive set up of each station, TA must hire individuals interested in or knowledgeable about management, foodservice, hospitality, maintenance, auto repair, and retail. Aside from standard gas station amenities, like fuel stations and aisles of food and beverages, company service centers feature sit-down restaurants, maintenance garages, and showers. The company policy emphasizes a homey and inviting environment, so job seekers with excellent customer service skills and friendly dispositions may earn the favor of hiring managers for available work.
TA offers all interested employees extensive and renowned training programs. Entry-level job candidates with little to no previous experience may find life-long careers with the service stations through promotions to managerial positions. With over 30 years of business and development, the company offers workers chances to learn and grow with an established name, as well as the job security afforded by working for a continually evolving brand.
Truckstops of America Positions and Salary Information
TA profits from the sale of alcohol and tobacco, and hired workers must prove the appropriate age to handle such products. As such, the company requires job applicants stand at least 18 years of age to receive consideration for work. Additionally, due to the nature of the business, service stations remain open 24 hours a day. Job hopefuls should possess open availability to improve chances of obtaining positions like:
- As cashiers oversee the grocery-style area of service stations, individuals possessing experience in retail and customer service persist as most desirable to fill available jobs.
- Cashiers must stand comfortable interacting regularly with diverse people, lifting up to 50 pounds, and remaining on feet for the duration of shifts.
- To start, cashiers earn minimum wage.
- Regular job duties include greeting customers, maintaining cleanliness of the area and restrooms, restocking and replenishing products, operating cash registers, performing basic math equations, and various other tasks assigned by the managerial team.
Fast Food Crew Member
- Responsible for drive-thru and walk-in customers, fast food crew members must prove excellent at multitasking and prioritizing.
- A fast-paced position, individuals interested in fast food crew member jobs fare best with previous employment experience in foodservice and customer service industries.
- Responsibilities include preparing food items to customer specifications, maintaining the cleanliness of the station, greeting customers, answering questions about menus, retaining familiarity with menu items, ringing up customer orders on cash registers, and providing appropriate change.
- Pay remains comparable to minimum wage with opportunities for raises.
- Individuals filling dishwasher roles must prove able to stand for the duration of shifts and prioritize tasks based on customer needs.
- Dishwashers must work well with teams and may have to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Dishwashers also garner pay rates at or slightly above minimum wage and maintain the opportunity to receive raises based on job performance and longevity.
- The main duty of dishwashers remains sanitizing dishes and utensils before properly storing items.
- During peak business hours, workers may stand expected to aid servers and fast food crew members.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers must create a profile with the hosting platform found on the careers section of the company website to submit applications. Gathering all personal information, including contact information for references, education backgrounds, and employment histories, may expedite the application process. Candidates maintain the option of uploading resumes to job profiles and should revise the content of the document to highlight relevant skills and experience beforehand. Looking over work before submitting may ensure the absence of mistakes.
The job hosting platform offers registered users a way of checking application status online. Individuals who wish to reach out to hiring managers regardless may call stations, conduct in-person visits, or email HR representatives to pose inquiries about application status. Job hopefuls should remember to handle communications in polite and professional manners. Always remain respectful of the time of hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at Truckstops of America
As a flourishing employer, TA offers workers comprehensive job benefits packages. Medical insurance includes prescription drug plans, dependent care, vision, dental, life insurance, long- and short-term disability, and flexible spending accounts. Other work benefits include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Associate discounts
- Performance based pay
- Vacation time
- Competitive salaries
- Holiday pay
- Education assistance, and
- Computer and automobile discount programs
More Information on Truckstops of America
TA provides truckers and other customers as many amenities as possible. As such, the company rents out space to small businesses which make compelling sales pitches. Interested parties may seek the applications for renters on the company website. The service station entertains partnerships with business like barber shops, clinics, cell phone kiosks, and more.