Originally founded in Downey, California by Glen Bell, YUM! Brands Inc. owns thousands of Taco Bell franchises across the country. Known for selling fast food with a Mexican theme, such as tacos, burritos, and nachos, the company often hires individuals without work experience for entry-level kitchen and cashier jobs.
Facts About Working at Taco Bell
Minimum Age to Work at Taco Bell: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Taco Bell?)
Taco Bell Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location; Typically Sun-Thurs: 10:00am-9:00pm; Fri-Sat: 10:00am-10:00pm; Drive-thru often open late
Available Positions at Taco Bell: Cook, crew member, manager, shift lead, supervisor, team member
Taco Bell Team Member Videos
Listen to former employees describe working for Taco Bell in this video:
Taco Bell Job Openings
Taco Bell careers provide a variety of part-time and full-time positions:
- New hires can expect job duties that involve serving customers and keeping restaurants clean.
- Over time, employees may have the chance to become shift leads and begin building careers.
- Supervisor roles offer experience and come with a pay increase.
Working hours for each employee can vary. Most new hires must work some holidays and typically take night and weekend shifts. Those with senior roles have access to greater flexibility and other job perks.
At most locations, hopefuls can apply either online or in person.
Taco Bell Jobs and Salary Information
The sheer number of job openings allows many inexperienced workers to gain employment at Taco Bell. Other positions, such as those in management, require experience. However, some employees start at a lower level and work their way to jobs that have more responsibilities.
What is the Starting Pay at Taco Bell?
Many entry-level Taco Bell workers start at minimum wage. However, this depends on the state of employment. Workers in cooking and management positions make more money per hour or receive a yearly salary. Here is a break-down of possible job categories and the wages for each:
- Team member duties include cleaning kitchen and dining areas, preparing food, and working front registers.
- Pay rate begins at minimum wage and slowly increases over time.
- Teamwork is vital in this position and workers must be able to take constructive criticism.
- Team members must follow strict food safety laws and keep clean appearances.
- Read the complete Taco Bell team member job description.
- These employees focus on food preparation. Hourly wages are between $8 and $13 an hour.
- Vital duties include the proper handling of steak, ground beef, and chicken.
- Cooks also chop vegetables and perform other tasks in the kitchen.
- Associates must package food items and keep work environments clean at all times.
- Applicants may also access the Taco Bell cook job description.
- Shift leads supervise team members while performing similar duties.
- Workers must guide peers and communicate clearly.
- Managers instruct shift leads in the handling of customer complaints.
- This position offers hourly wages about a dollar or two more than what team members make.
- Assistant managers often make around $30,000 per year, while general managers earn salary packages near $45,000.
- Taco Bell typically seeks candidates with prior food service experience to fill these positions.
- Employees in managerial roles oversee workers, correctly order supplies, and record sales.
- Read the Taco Bell manager job description.
How Do You Apply at Taco Bell?
With a goal based on the company motto of “Feed People’s Lives with Más,” Taco Bell allows potentials to fill out applications both online and in the restaurant.
When visiting locations to turn in physical job application forms, be polite and show genuine interest in the position.
Can You Apply Online for Taco Bell?
The fast-food restaurant allows hopefuls to apply for open positions online. Taco Bell’s main company website contains a list of available positions sortable by state, job, and other keywords. Clicking on an opening takes potentials to a list of qualifications as well as a link to fill out an online job application. Likewise, you can apply online to Taco Bell through our site here: Search Job Openings
Does Taco Bell Have Paper Applications?
Although Taco Bell accepts online applications, paper ones are still available in each restaurant. Ask an employee for a paper form, and then either fill it out in person or take it home and bring the application back later. After submitting the form, a manager will review it before scheduling an interview.
Does Taco Bell Do Drug Tests?
Drug testing policies vary based on the individual restaurant or franchise owner. In some cases, potentials may need to take and pass a drug test before starting employment. Other Taco Bell locations may only drug test when necessary.
Does Taco Bell Hire 17-Year-Olds?
In order to woek at Taco Bell, hopefuls need to be of legal age in the sate in which the person resides. Many states have a minimum age of 16, meaning that 17-year-olds can indeed work in the restaurant. The company hires entry-level workers, making it a great way for younger people to gain some experience.
Job hopefuls may wait a few weeks before hearing about interviews. Applicants can contact locations by email, phone, or showing up in person. Remember to be courteous and leave a name along with a phone number if no hiring manager is present. Most candidates hear back within a month of applying.
Employment Benefits of Working for Taco Bell
Taco Bell employees can earn job benefits including the following:
- Tuition payments
- Free cell phones
- Paid time off
- Life insurance and healthcare coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
After gaining seniority, workers may receive paid time off and access to 401(k) retirement plans.
More Information on Taco Bell
Known for serving Tex-Mex cuisine in the U.S., Taco Bell has made its way into various world markets. When building stores in other countries, the chain creates new menu items.
Customers abroad can order tater-tot nachos and a chocolate variation of the quesadilla, known as the Chocodilla. In India, customers enjoy traditional potatoes and paneer dishes along with brand classics.