Taco Bell offers thousands of entry-level jobs for workers across the United States. Hardworking employees can earn pay raises, multiple job benefits, and promotions. The chain often hires individuals without experience and encourages personal development.
Facts About Working at Taco Bell
Minimum Age to Work at Taco Bell: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Taco Bell?)
Taco Bell Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location; Typically Sun-Thurs: 10:00am-9:00pm; Fri-Sat: 10:00am-10:00pm; Drive-thru often open late
Available Positions at Taco Bell: Team Member, Cashier, Cook, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Maintenance Technician, Restaurant Manager Trainee, Fast Food Window Team Member, Administrative Assistant, Web Developer, Staffing Leader, Office Coordinator, Receptionist, Food Service Champions, Preparation Team Member
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Taco Bell Team Member Videos
Listen to former employees describe working for Taco Bell in this video:
Taco Bell Job Openings
A variety of part-time and full-time jobs are available with Taco Bell:
- New hires can expect job duties that involve serving customers and keeping restaurants clean.
- Over time, employees may have the chance to become shift leads and begin building careers.
- Supervisor roles offer experience and come with a pay increase.
Working hours for each employee can vary. Most new hires must work some holidays and typically take night and weekend shifts. Those with senior roles have access to greater flexibility and other job perks.
Taco Bell job hopefuls can apply either online or in person at most locations.
Taco Bell Jobs and Salary Information
The sheer number of job openings allows many inexperienced workers to gain employment at Taco Bell. Applicants must be at least 16 years old. The jobs below are typical of each restaurant:
- Team member duties include cleaning kitchen and dining areas, preparing food, and working front registers.
- Pay begins at minimum wage and slowly increases over time.
- Teamwork is vital in this position and workers must be able to take constructive criticism.
- Team members must follow strict food safety laws and keep clean appearances.
- Read the complete Taco Bell Team Member job description.
Applicants may also access the Taco Bell cook job description for other entry-level opportunities.
- Shift leads supervise team members while performing similar duties.
- Workers must guide peers and communicate clearly.
- Managers instruct shift leads in the handling of customer complaints.
- This position offers about a dollar or two more than minimum wage.
- Assistant managers often earn around $30,000 per year, while general managers make $45,000 as an annual salary.
- Taco Bell typically seeks candidates with prior food service experience to fill these positions.
- Employees in managerial roles oversee workers, correctly order supplies, and record sales.
- Read the Taco Bell manager job description.
Tips for Applying
Individuals can fill out applications online or in stores. Be sure to provide only honest answers. Failing to do so can lead to disqualification. When visiting locations to turn in physical PDF application form, always be polite and show genuine interest in the position.
Job hopefuls may wait a few weeks before hearing about interviews. Applicants can contact locations by email, phone, or showing up in person. Remember to be courteous and leave a name along with a phone number if no hiring manager is present. Most candidates are hired within a month of applying.
Benefits of Working for Taco Bell
Taco Bell employees can earn job benefits including the following:
- tuition payments
- free cell phones
- life insurance
- medical, dental, and vision plans.
After gaining seniority, workers may receive paid time off and access to 401(k) retirement plans.
More Information on Taco Bell
Known for serving Tex-Mex cuisine in the U.S., Taco Bell has made its way into various world markets. When building stores in other countries, the chain creates new menu items. Customers abroad can order tater-tot nachos and a chocolate variation of the quesadilla, known as the Chocodilla. In India, customers enjoy traditional potatoes and paneer dishes along with brand classics.