Marketed as The Original Mexican Patio Cafe, Taco Cabana operates a successful chain of themed restaurants found in 1978. Job applicants may find meaningful employment with the fast food chain across three U.S. states.
Facts About Working at Taco Cabana
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Taco Cabana?)
Available Positions: Hourly Team Member
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Taco Cabana Job Opportunities
Drive-thru windows and 24-hour services headline myriad reasons the popular chain sustains continued and ongoing success in the American Southwest. Hungry customers may dine in or order take out through nearly 170 locations in Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Presence in three states and plans to further expand the brand in the near future regularly creates the need for new employees. Job seekers primarily find work as cashiers, cooks, and managers. Entry-level opportunities typically require no previous experience or skills. Supervisory or managerial roles often call for related work histories.
Food preparation represents a primary responsibility for most Taco Cabana jobs. The restaurant chain uses the hiring process to screen candidates for the ability to handle food items in safe and sanitary manners. Fast-paced settings and deadline-driven expectations often force the pace of the average work day. Applicants must maintain the ability to focus attention where needed and perform to exact specifications in quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality of service. Attention to detail also serves prospective employees well, as customers regularly make alterations to menu items and staff must accommodate accordingly.
Taco Cabana Employment and Wages
Taco Cabana primarily offers entry-level employment opportunities requiring little-to-no experience for hiring consideration. At most, job seekers must possess adequate transportation to and from work and stand at least 16 years of age at time of hire. Open and flexible schedules may further benefit prospective employees. Employment requirements for managerial roles may vary but generally include applicants 18 and over with relevant work experience. The popular fast food restaurant consistently hires for the following job titles:
- Upon hire, entry-level employees assume catch-all job titles falling under the specific classification of team member.
- Minimum-wage positions, team member jobs feature customer-centric and culinary responsibilities.
- Applicants must feel comfortable working with the general public and handling food on a regular basis for employment consideration.
- Ideally, candidates work quickly and efficiently under deadline.
- Use of kitchen equipment, such as grills, ovens, deep fryers, stovetops, and microwaves, further requires applicants with attention to detail, as many instruments used to prepare food items pose potential safety risks.
- The ability to lift, bend, stoop, and perform repetitive tasks also factors into hiring decisions.
- On average, team members work part-time and assume full-time positions through promotions or strong work performances.
- Applicants must submit formal resumes along with the appropriate hiring documents in order to declare candidacy for managerial roles as outside candidates.
- Recruitment staff may still require in-house career hopefuls to submit resumes to receive full consideration.
- Workers may find viable employment as shift leaders, assistant managers, or store managers.
- Managers traditionally work full-time schedules or between 25 and 40 hours per week.
- Responsibilities vary from job title to job title but generally include hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and motivating entry-level staff, completing payroll, ordering supplies, tracking sales, and performing opening and closing procedures.
- Shift leaders consistently earn between $9.00 and $10.00 hourly.
- Pay scales reach upwards of $40,000 a year for assistant managers and annual salary options nearing $60,000 for store managers, respectively.
Tips For Applying
Candidates must complete pre-employment screenings online before submitting hiring materials to desired locations. The online assessment takes roughly 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Each questions allows only 25 seconds to respond, so applicants should remove distractions to ensure completing the assessment in appropriate fashion. The questions cover legal right to work in the U.S., age verification, thoughts on the hiring process, potential job duties, scheduling availability, ability to lead, possession of valid driving permits, submission to background checks and drug screening, and other employment-related topics. Hiring personnel make final decisions to move forward with candidates based largely on the web-based assessments.
Depending on the position desired, the Taco Cabana hiring process may last anywhere from a few days and up to a couple of weeks. Entry-level candidates typically hear back from the fast food chain within a week, while managers may wait longer. Applicants should follow up with the regional restaurant after a few days to further demonstrate interests in employment. Send an email, call, or visit a location in person to successfully follow up. Candidates submitting applications in person may receive on-the-spot interview consideration and immediate hiring.
Benefits of Working at Taco Cabana
The most basic job benefits provided to Taco Cabana workers include complimentary uniforms and meal discounts. Employees in professional roles, like assistant manager or store manager, may receive access to work benefits packages featuring:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage and life insurance options
Specific employee benefits and eligibility requirements often vary by position, tenure with the company, and location.
More Information on Taco Cabana
In addition to traditional restaurant locations, the fast food chain offers catering services for customers to utilize at home. The company website provides a toll-free telephone number interested diners may call to inquire about catering services. Patrons may enjoy party platters of restaurant favorites, including fajitas, flautas, enchiladas, brisket, and chips and salsas. Prices vary by group size.
Ashley talley says:
How long will it take to get a reply?