Telus represents one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. In addition to extensive operations throughout the country, the business maintains technical support and customer service call centers in the United States, which creates numerous domestic job opportunities.
Facts About Working at Telus
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Telus?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Installation Technician, Senior Product Manager, Sales Rep, Store Manager, Sales Rep FT, Account Executive, Quality Assurance Specialist -TSS, Customer Help Representative, Sr Marketing Communications Mgr, Deployment & Completion Clerk, Sales Account Manager, Web Editor, Senior Project Manager, Resolution Specialist-TSS, Team Mgr-Retail, Market Intelligence Mgr, Learning Splst, Business Consultant, Manager-Field Support, Business Systems Analyst, Sr Systems Analyst (J2EE), Client Care Representative, Competitive Call Answer Agent, Technical Customer Service Agent, Marketing Specialist, Part Time Sales Rep, VP Assistant, Channel Marketing Representative, Director - Marketing, Communications Manager, Sales RepChannel Marketing Rep (Territory Manager), Full Time Sales Rep, Workforce Analyst I, Human Resources Manager - Supporting TELUS Customer Solutions
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Telus Job Opportunities
Telecommunications job opportunities remain available in both full-time and part-time capacities with the Canadian corporation. Candidates meeting desired qualifications consistently find lucrative work. Customer service positions involve explaining complicated technological ideas to callers in clear and accessible language. Management careers primarily entail supervising subordinate workers and ensuring company policies remain upheld. Other available positions include jobs in sales, marketing, technical support, and retail departments.
The company hires team-oriented applicants who function well in collaborative environments. Employees undergo continuous training throughout employment to improve as workers and individuals. Eventually, qualified associates may prove eligible for promotion into roles featuring more responsibilities and higher salary options. In addition, Telus allows some employees to work from home. The practice allows for more flexible scheduling and reduces carbon emissions through decreased real estate presence.
Telus Employment and Salary Options
Candidates 18 years of age and older may submit applications for consideration with the company. Both entry-level and management opportunities for employment persist in U.S. call centers. The following positions consistently prove obtainable to job seekers:
Customer Service Representative
- Accessible to entry-level candidates with communication skills and friendly personalities, customer service representative jobs revolve around answering support questions and providing both pre- and post-sales aid over the phone.
- Though applicants generally do not need to possess previous call center employment experience, individuals with related work histories may gain increased hiring consideration.
- In addition, the employer may expect job seekers to hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents.
- For added flexibility, many employees enjoy the option to work from home or in a company office.
- Customer service representatives garner hourly wages hovering around $12.00.
- Managers oversee call center operations.
- Employment duties may include training new workers, conducting interviews, reviewing applications, providing performance feedback, and carrying out opening and closing procedures.
- Candidates largely need to possess previous management experience to stand eligible for consideration.
- High school diplomas or GED equivalents prove mandatory for applicants, as well.
- In some cases, individuals may also need college degrees to receive hiring consideration.
- Team leaders may make around $35,000 per year, while managers may earn salary options as high as $80,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Since most jobs require regular interaction with the public, job seekers with strong social skills stand highly preferred by hiring managers. Applicants with reliable transportation, open availability, and previous job experience also gain additional consideration for career opportunities. Depending on the positions applied for, employment hopefuls may need to create cover letters and resumes to better showcase relevant qualifications. Candidates may apply online or in person for many jobs with the telecommunications company.
After turning in applications to Telus hiring managers, applicants may follow up through phone calls, emails, or in person visits. Following up in person often greatly improves chances of hire. Staffing personnel usually appreciate chances to evaluate candidate demeanors and communication skills face-to-face. Remain polite and respectful when speaking with current employees and dress professionally in business-casual attire. The employment process typically takes between two and three weeks.
Benefits of Working at Telus
Qualified employees gain access to several lucrative job benefits. Workers undergo paid training, enjoy advancement opportunities, and receive industry-competitive compensation. Employees also enjoy flexible scheduling, which allows individuals to better maintain balance between job duties and personal lives. Health insurance options for full-time associates may include medical, dental, and vision coverage. 401(k) retirement plans and paid time off may prove available, as well.
More Details on Telus
Environmental stewardship remains a major priority for the telecommunications company. Telus continues to innovate while preserving the global environment. In 2013, the corporation recycled over 500,000 wireless devices and more than 500,000 pounds of batteries. In addition, the business reduced water consumption by 14 million liters in the same year. 2013 also marks the 16th year in a row the globally conscious company received no fines for environmental non-compliance.