A chain of nearly 1,000 locations, TGI Friday's hires for entry-level roles and professional careers with regularity. Applicants with culinary backgrounds or desires to work in customer service often find gainful employment with the chain offering opportunities for advancement into long-term careers.
Facts About Working at TGI Friday's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at TGI Friday's?)
Available Positions: Server, Prep Cook, Host/Hostess, Dishwasher, Busser, Broiler/Grill Cook, Bartender, Restaurant Management Essentials (RME), Department Management Essentials (DME), Kitchen Manager, General Manager, Directory of Operations, Strategic Leaderships Essentials (SLE)
Printable Application: Yes. Print TGI Friday's application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
TGI Friday’s Interview Videos
TGI Friday’s Job Opportunities
The restaurant chain promotes fun and exciting atmospheres fit for nights on the town or evenings spent with the family over eclectic menus. Unique branding and menu selections featuring signature favorites draw customers across the country and facilitate ongoing needs to hire bright and personable individuals to serve food, seat guests, prepare meals, and supervise kitchen, hosting, and serving teams. Most positions require open availability to fit the demands of restaurants holding late and weekend hours like TGI Friday’s. Workers may need to memorize available menus prior to hiring, as well.
TGI Friday’s locations hire workers able to promote and engender positive dining experiences catered to individual patron needs. Extroverted, timely, responsible, and self-starting applicants fare best during the hiring process. The ability to work in teams to complete daily tasks also greatly increases odds of employment. Each location regularly maintains staffs of entry-level associates exceeding 20 to 30 personnel. Applicants with the right attitudes should encounter little-to-no resistance in securing employment with the popular bar and restaurant chain.
TGI Friday’s Employment and Pay Information
Due to laws pertaining to the sale and distribution of alcohol, TGI Friday’s jobs often limit opportunities to applicants 18 and over. However, certain positions in front-of-house operations may include workers as young as 16. Careers in management also remain available and feature competitive salary options and full-time schedules. The nationally recognized chain must fill the following positions:
- In order to serve, candidates must stand at least 18, possess the ability to lift up to 30lbs., and feel comfortable standing or working on foot for up to eight hours at a time.
- The job title features loud and often distracting work environments.
- Applicants must think quickly, work efficiently, and pay attention to customer needs regardless of circumstance.
- Groomed appearances, neat dress, and smiling personalities rank highly among desired characteristics, as well.
- Job duties include engaging with customers, taking and serving food and drinks, ringing up sales, and issuing change and receipts.
- Formal, paid training usually precedes official hiring.
- The average server work schedules consists of multiple five to eight hours shifts per week totaling between 15 and 30 hours.
- Some locations may offer full-time opportunities.
- As tipped employees, servers earn special hourly wages falling around $2.00 or $3.00 upon hire.
In addition to food, TGI Friday’s operations center on alcohol sales. Applicants looking for full-time employment featuring higher pay scales often take interest in bartending jobs.
- Bartenders work at in-house bars for shifts ranging between six and eight hours and primarily take and serve drink orders and answer questions regarding company policies.
- Employees must also build rapports with guests and maintain personable, outgoing attitudes.
- The use of computers factors into overall job duties, as bartenders ring up drink orders and complete transactions on electronic cash registers.
- Some food service may occur during given shifts, as patrons regularly order meals from the bar.
- The restaurant chain requires bartending associates to maintain well-kempt appearances and pass bar certification courses.
- Hourly wages often bounce between federal minimums for tipped employees, plus gratuities, and around $10.00 an hour, depending on location.
- Entry-level employment opportunities in back-of-house operations include dishwasher jobs.
- Typical workdays for dishwashers involve cleaning, washing, and drying utensils for reuse by kitchen staff and patrons.
- Applicants must work thoroughly and efficiently in order to keep up with demands for silverware, dishes, and kitchen equipment and to ensure full and proper sanitization.
- Dishwashers must also work with caution and tact, as broken dishes may result in termination if frequent.
- The entry-level job traditionally features part-time hours and minimum wage pay.
Tips For Applying
The hiring process largely serves as a way for managers to assess candidate teamwork abilities and attitudes toward employment. Applicants must demonstrate personal enjoyment of fun, energetic settings and potential for getting along with others comfortably to gain hire. Workers may encounter questions regarding menu items and standard procedures for interfacing within customers, as well. Researching regular offerings assists job hopefuls in making solid first impressions in addition to expressed personal enjoyment of the chain.
An online careers portal allows candidates to both apply for jobs and check on the statuses of applications. To access the features, job seekers must create profiles using valid emails and personally generated passwords. Once an applicant submits an application, the individual may log in at a later date to check on application status by clicking on the corresponding tab. Motivated candidates may also take initiative and contact hiring managers directly by telephone or email. The restaurant and bar chain typically takes two to three weeks to make determinations on applications.
Benefits of Working at TGI Friday’s
Both hourly team members and career professionals enjoy work benefits packages. Most job benefits become available immediately upon hire, while others take a minimum of six months on the job to accrue. Employment benefits packages consist of:
- Healthcare options
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Direct deposit pay
- Paid time off
- Discounts on gym memberships, and
- Up to 50% off meals.
Further Details on TGI Friday’s
The American restaurant chain practices environmental stewardship and serves as an official partner with UN Global Impact initiatives. Programs implemented include measures to reduce energy consumption, promote recycling, and limit waste. Many locations meet LEED standards for energy-efficiency in addition to restricting disposable utensil and/or equipment use. The company corporate offices offer transparent information to the general public regarding ethical and environmental impacts on surrounding communities.
Richelle Mae A. Negre says:
the food and product of fridays is really good.. Once you taste it you always have it .. i really miss working in TGIF.. I MISS THE JD burger, JD ribs and pasta putannesca 🙂