As the first franchiser of athletic footwear in the world, The Athlete’s Foot believes in merging brand management with local retail stores to meet customer needs globally. Continuous company growth brings entry-level employment opportunities around the world.
Facts About Working at The Athlete's Foot
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at The Athlete's Foot?)
Available Positions: Full-Time Sales Assistant, Part-Time Sales Assistant, Casual Sales Assistant, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
The Athlete’s Foot Job Opportunities
A leading retailer of sport-inspired footwear, apparel, and accessories, The Athlete’s Foot manages over 400 stores in 26 countries. Designed to capture pre-digital and traditional shopping experiences, retail locations allow customers to interact with casual, everyday products and brands firsthand. Modern store interiors embody vintage feels. Backlit shoe walls line open and inviting spaces to put focus on products while alluding to the attitude of vinyl record shops. Unfinished wood paneling on the walls portray organized messes and fresh vibes. Well-informed, active, and stylish individuals align with the atmospheres of company stores and embody the personality traits of successful employees. Staff must also display brand passion, knowledge of current fashion trends, and overall senses of style.
Teaming up with leading brands brings customers vast varieties of styles for nearly every type of activity. The proximity of The Athlete’s Foot franchise partners to markets builds a competitive advantage by connecting communities to formerly exclusive products. Strategic partners include Nike, Adidas, Reebok, New Balance, Converse, Puma, Asics, and Vans. Broad knowledge of popular name brands in the shoe retail industry often places prospective employees ahead of other candidates during the hiring process. Managerial leadership and mentoring cultures motivated associates and provides specific training in various aspects of retail, including brand awareness and recognition.
The Athlete’s Foot Employment and Wages Information
Most jobs relate to retail sales and customer service. The Athlete’s Foot hires passionate individuals who place emphasis on style. Excellent on-the-job training, competitive pay, and access to work benefits highlight historically desirable attributes of available jobs. Applicants 16 or older may readily find work in the following positions:
- The Athlete’s Foot needs to hire reliable, passionate, and enthusiastic workers to join retail store operations.
- Sales associates greet customers, increase sales, and maintain store merchandise.
- Due to vast product lines, each retail worker must retain broad brand knowledge.
- Most sales associates begin as part-time employees; however, proven abilities may allow certain accomplished individuals to gain full-time employment.
- Pay for salespersons falls between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour before commission.
- True leadership role, managerial jobs serve as coaching positions involved in developing dedicated sale teams to create exceptional work cultures.
- Managers also retain responsibility of implementing in-store marketing and promotions.
- Passionate and focused Individuals represent ideal fits for managerial careers.
- Applicants must possess energetic and sports-minded attributes and keep positive outlooks toward people and life.
- Experience or formal education in sports or related fields along with retail backgrounds highlight major qualifications.
- Salary options range from $40,000 to $45,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
Interested candidates should apply in store, as the company website lacks an online application. Individuals should clarify availability to work nights and weekends on application forms. Hiring managers typically ask open-ended questions regarding candidate passions, creative abilities, and goals. Dressing professionally during interview sessions also strengthens odds of further consideration.
Hiring managers usually reach out to applicants within a few weeks of submitting paperwork. Aspiring workers should remain patient, as hiring staff appreciate politeness and professionalism. After a month or so, candidates may desire to follow up on hiring forms by establishing contact with managers. In addition to subsequent visits to retail locations, placing calls or sending emails all prove valuable measures.
Benefits of Working for The Athlete’s Foot
Full-time employees enjoy comprehensive work benefit packages. Available job benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical insurance, and healthcare coverage.
The Athlete’s Foot allows workers flexible scheduling in order to pursue other responsibilities, as well. Most associates also enjoy discounts on shoes and apparel. Other employment benefits include career advancement potential and promotion from within.
Further Information on The Athlete’s Foot
The Athlete’s Foot supports and contributes to the Ride Aid initiative. Dedicated to communities in need, the prominent shoe store chain donated $2.00 for each pair of participating brand shoes sold to help build schools for underprivileged kids in Cambodia. Ride Aid primarily benefits underprivileged children in Cambodia. Through the construction of schools, water tanks, child refuge centers, orphanages, and vocation programs, families and communities increasingly become more self-sufficient. In 2010, over $157,168 raised by Australian branches alone benefitted the less fortunate.
Keith Reynolds says:
Is The Athlete’s Foot hiring?