International favorite The Old Spaghetti Factory provides worldwide options for both dining and employment. Positions available offer flexible scheduling, ongoing training programs, and fun, family-oriented work environments.
Facts About Working at Spaghetti Factory
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at The Old Spaghetti Factory?)
Available Positions: Host/Hostess, Server, Dishwasher, Preparation/Production Cook, Line Cook, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
The Old Spaghetti Factory Employment Opportunities
The history of family restaurant chain The Old Spaghetti Factory begins in Portland, OR, in the late 1960s. Within 20 years, the Italian eatery grew to include locations across the U.S., Canada, and parts of Japan. International acclaim and notoriety still fuel the chain, which maintains over 40 locations domestically and around 25 more abroad. Job seekers with aspirations to find meaningful employment in the restaurant industry regularly succeed in landing well-paying and enriching jobs with the global chain. Work available often centers on entry-level, part-time roles featuring limited qualifications for employment consideration. Full-time career seekers may also find viable options with the restaurant; however, applicants must typically stand 18 and over and carry previous experience related to the industry to meet hiring requirements.
Divisions of labor at The Old Spaghetti Factory break down into hourly positions and work in restaurant management. The chain starts the hiring age at 15 for workers with the appropriate permits obtained from local governments. Job opportunities in serving may require individuals to stand at least 18 due to the direct sale of alcohol to patrons. Locations encourage fun, festive, and fast-paced daily operations. Employees must maintain personable and reliable attitudes toward work and consistently complete assigned duties in order to remain in good standing and qualify for promotions and raises. Opportunities in managements require further dedication to the brand and years of experience in the industry.
The Old Spaghetti Factory Jobs Outlook and Pay Scales
The Old Spaghetti Factory promotes diversity and inclusion by hiring new associates based on Equal Opportunity laws. As the chain grows and diverse staffs come together, the restaurant offers incentives for employees to achieve and excel into upper-level jobs. Most associates start out as entry-level kitchen, server, or host workers, which represent the most commonplace jobs available with the worldwide chain. Descriptions of the most readily accessible positions sit listed below:
- The position of server entails customer service and basic sanitation duties.
- Workers greet customers seated in assigned areas, take food and drink orders, explain menus and specials, and fulfill patron demands throughout meals.
- Servers also assist line persons with food prep duties and complete remedial operations preparatory tasks, like folding napkins, stacking and unstacking chairs, and arranging place settings.
- Courteous, kind, and quick workers often make the best servers.
- As servers in restaurant settings, workers must maintain open schedules for employment consideration.
- Managers often hire on new server employees at minimum wage, with the ability to earn tips pushing average earnings to $9.00 or so per hour.
- Applicants with little experience in the workforce may benefit from available hosting jobs.
- Individuals in the role need no formal job histories for consideration.
- Applicants must simply show the ability to remain friendly, polite, and patient at all times.
- Strong critical-thinking skills and quick reactions to hectic situations also provide preferential treatment for hosting jobs.
- Primary duties include creating seating charts, welcoming guests, bidding guests farewell, and taking arriving customers to tables.
- The entry-level position usually pays minimum wage, with opportunities for increased rates over time.
- A back-of-house opportunity, the dishwasher job title carries fairly straightforward duties.
- Responsibilities include clearing tables and washing both kitchen equipment and silverware used by guests.
- Quick turnaround and attention to detail mark the most sought-after traits in dishwashers.
- Associates must feel comfortable working with commercial dishwasher equipment, which use pressurized scalding water to effectively sanitize plates, glasses, and other utensils.
- Some stocking of inventory may also take place throughout the course of a given shift.
- Pay scales begin at minimum wage. Most dishwashers work varying part-time hours.
Tips For Applying
The popular Italian restaurant chain primarily used the hiring process to screen for personable, family-friendly attitudes and hard work ethics. In order to qualify for employment, job seekers must fill out applications online or in person. The company provides differing hiring forms depending on the region of country for workers seeking hourly positions and wishing to fill out paper applications. Prospective employees may access the different documents from the company careers page or visit desired storefronts in person.
Average wait time to hear back from hiring personnel after submitting applications to The Old Spaghetti Factory locations often varies by need. In extreme cases, the restaurant may only take a few hours to review applications and contact desirable candidates to interview same-day. Other previous employees report waiting upward of a month. Candidates who wait at least a week should set aside time to call, email, or visit desired locations in order to inquire further about the prospect of working with the popular chain. Applicants should wait until slower or off-peak hours to initiate contact to achieve the best results and garner the most attention from hiring managers.
Benefits of Working at The Old Spaghetti Factory
Basic employee benefits enjoyed by entry-level associates and career professionals alike include paid training, opportunities for wage or salary increases, and meal discounts. Workers in full-time, managerial roles receive additional job benefits ranging from 401(k) retirement plans and other financial planning assistance to employee assistance programs, medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and life insurance options, and vacation time. The company also guarantees two consecutive days off per week regardless of schedule.
More Information on The Old Spaghetti Factory
In order to offer unique dining experiences, The Old Spaghetti Factory boasts highly recognizable and specifically tailored decor to complete the atmospheres available to guests. Part of each restaurant includes a fully decommissioned trolley car renovated to serve as a reservable dining area. Restaurant decor centers primarily on vintage street signs and advertisements, with large, vaulted ceilings, exposed rafters, and red-brick interior framework indicative of warehouses and train stations in the early 1900s.