With over 80 hotels in 30 countries worldwide, luxury hotel chain Ritz-Carlton continuously seeks to augment a growing workforce of nearly 35,000 employees. Whether new to the hospitality industry or a seasoned professional, the hotel chain continually hires new personnel to staff as the company continues to build and grow.
Facts About Working at The Ritz-Carlton
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at The Ritz Carlton?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Agent, Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Property Operations Manager, Maintenance Technician, Administrative Assistant, Clerical Worker, Food And Beverage Associate, Cook, Host, Hostess, Banquet Server On Call, Security Officer, Night Auditor, Sr. Recruiter, Catering Coordinator, Room Service Worker, Human Resources Manager, Training Manager, Management Trainee, Front Office Manager, Restaurant Manager, Hotel Operations Manager, General Manager, Intern
The Ritz Carlton Job Opportunities
Ritz-Carlton entry-level employees typically face little to no resistance obtaining employment with the hotel chain. Typically, applicants must possess a high school diploma or an equivalent to meet basic hiring standards. For associates interacting daily with patrons, background in hospitality or customer service may prove beneficial and perhaps even necessary. Introductory positions include valets, concierges, front desk associates, and bell persons in the front of house. Additional roles comprise of housekeepers, maintenance workers, various food service positions, and security.
A time-honored name in the hospitality industry, Ritz-Carlton also calls for career-oriented individuals with backgrounds in the hospitality field of service. Managers typically enjoy industry-standard salary options as well as excellent job benefits, including superb discounts on travel and hotel stays. Supervisors typically need more than the basic qualifications to become eligible for hiring consideration. General qualifications rest on additional schooling beyond high school as well as the necessity of previous work experience in the hospitality field, preferably in a leadership role. Manager responsibilities usually remain administrative in nature, so an understanding of customer-service techniques and salesmanship may prove beneficial, as well.
Ritz-Carlton Positions and Salary Information
Both entry-level employees and career-minded professionals must stand at least 18 years of age in order to qualify for positions with the luxury-hotel chain. While introductory jobs typically necessitate basic qualifications, supervisory positions may require rigorous previous experience and further educational background. Though numerous job titles exist, Ritz-Carlton hotels frequently hire to fill the following jobs:
- Employees must operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and other drying machinery.
- Laundry attendants should also possess knowledge of identifying types of stains and damages as well as the ability to determine the best way to repair, rewash, and treat clothing.
- Other duties consist of inspecting finished items for cleanliness, properly folding each type of laundry, and maintaining accurate records of laundered items.
- Laundry attendants generally make between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
Front Desk Agent
- The prime duty for front desk agents rests with proper check-in and out of guests in addition to confirming reservations, assigning rooms, and issuing correct room keys.
- Associates should welcome all guests according to company standards and present friendly dispositions daily.
- Other responsibilities include processing payment types appropriately, answering and processing guest calls, requests, or concerns, and coordinating with housekeeping to confirm readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Front desk agents may earn hourly wages from $12.00 to $14.00.
- Attendants maintain responsibility for preserving room cleanliness as well as the overall pristineness of common areas such as elevators, hallways, and lobbies.
- Employees must respond swiftly and politely to guest requests and the needs of other departments.
- Duties encompass changing and replacing bed linens, patron amenities, towels, toiletries, removing trash, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Associates must possess endurance as well as the ability to stand, bend, twist, and reach repeatedly.
- Housekeeping attendants may earn up to $11.00 hourly wage.
- Hospitality management generally divides into lower-level managers in charge of individual departments serving under hotel general managers.
- Duties and responsibilities usually include the training and hiring new employees and consistent coaching of personnel directly subordinate.
- Other responsibilities comprise of scheduling, responding to guest feedback, and employee discipline, when necessary.
- Upper-level managers retain accountability for managing costs, labor, ensuring corporate goals remain consistently met, assuring guests of any complaint, and maintaining well-structured, team-oriented staffs.
- Managers typically need at least two years of post-secondary schooling or the equivalent amount of service time in the hospitality industry to qualify for supervisor positions.
- Managers may earn annual salary options of up to $60,000, corresponding to tenure, experience, and profitability of location.
Tips for Applying
The Ritz-Carlton offers potential employees an easy, step-by-step application process via the company job portal. After creating a profile, applicants upload resumes and cover letters, followed by questions about work experience, education and certifications, and a general questionnaire. Candidates should allow 30 to 35 minutes in order to fill out the profile completely. Once completed, job seekers may apply for multiple positions searchable on the company website. Applicants should ensure information stands current and correct, as providing erroneous information may lead to disqualification from the hiring process.
Hiring managers typically contact applicants after thoroughly reviewing submitted hiring materials. Depending on the number of candidates vying for similar positions, job seekers may not receive contact other than confirmation emails for up to two weeks. Actively following up shows initiative and genuine interest in the position applied for and may take the form of phone calls, return emails, or visiting the preferred location of hire in-person. Candidates checking on application status in-person should dress appropriately, as managers may conduct interviews on-the-spot.
Benefits of Working at Ritz-Carlton
Employees enjoy a multitude of job benefits, with many effective immediately upon hire. Such work benefits include complimentary or low-cost meals, hotel and resort discounts, and retail savings. Eligible workers also enjoy:
- Enrollment in company 401(k) retirement plans
- Health benefits
- Prescription drug plans, and
- Disability insurance.
Other job benefits include paid training, holiday pay, and vacation time.
More Information on Ritz-Carlton
Social responsibility remains important to Ritz-Carlton and the hotel chain focuses on hunger and poverty relief, environmental issues, and the well-being of children to give back to local communities with the Community Footprints program. Each year, through partnerships with Make-A-Wish Foundation, the luxury hotel chain donates up to $100,000 in order to provide granted wishes for children facing life-threatening ailments. The donations come through guest involvement, as every Community Footprints Gift Card purchased, starting at a $25.00 value, donates 10% to Make-A-Wish.