Celtic-themed sports pub Tilted Kilt offers various bar food and drinks to a wide-ranging customer base. A fast-growing company in the industry, the pub regularly hires for a multitude of positions in both entry-level and career-aspiring roles.
Facts About Working at Tilted Kilt
Minimum Age to Work at Tilted Kilt: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Tilted Kilt?)
Tilted Kilt Hours of Operation: Open every day: 11:00am-2:00pm
Available Positions at Tilted Kilt: Host, Hostess, Waitress, Busser, Dishwasher, Bartender, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Entertainer, Assistant Pub Manager, General Pub Manager
Tilted Kilt Employee Interview Videos
Tilted Kilt Job Opportunities
Placing great emphasis on entertainment and atmosphere, Tilted Kilt hires for a variety of positions in order to provide exceptional dining coupled with good times. A sports bar by design, patrons enjoy big-screen televisions, various libations, and menus full of pub favorites from Irish, Scottish, American, and British cuisines. Servers, known as Kilt Girls, audition in uniform and fill entertainer roles with the eatery. Maintaining charming, alluring, and well-groomed appearances, coupled with exceptional communication skills, menu knowledge, and working well in teams, typically serves applicants well.
Tilted Kilt offers additional jobs commonly found throughout the industry. Bartenders, bussers, cooks, dishwashers, and barback positions remain widely available and offer competitive pay. The company relies on employees showing penchant for flexible scheduling, willingness to learn, and friendly attitudes. Potential employees must show the ability to work in fast-paced environments, lift heavy objects, remain on foot for extended periods of time, and follow direction. Career-aspirants may find management positions available, as well.
Tilted Kilt Positions and Salary Information
The restaurant and bar asks candidates to stand at least 18 years of age and possess high school diplomas or equivalent GEDs. With nearly 100 locations throughout the United States and Canada and with continued expansion into new territories, potential workers may find employment in the following job titles:
- Deemed entertainers, servers build relationships with guests, at times using unconventional approaches, such as sitting down with patrons to discuss menu items, drink options, and to help make final selections.
- Duties include taking accurate orders, communicating customer dietary needs with kitchen staff, ensuring food presentation, and cashing out bills.
- Bubbly personalities, extensive menu knowledge, ability to interact with a wide-range of clients, and flexible scheduling typically benefit servers at the eatery.
- Entertainers earn base salary options of around $4.00 an hour, though maintain the ability to earn additional compensation through gratuities.
- Cooks provide guests with consistently prepared, seasoned, and exceptional food.
- Following recipe and presentation guidelines to meet guest expectations, the back-of-house workers coordinate with service staffs and other kitchen team members to support timely and efficient delivery of orders to tables.
- Additional duties include preserving kitchen sanitation guidelines, ensuring proper food safety standards, and inspecting food for proper temperature and presentation.
- Cooks should also show the capacity to meet changing demands and meet special guest requests with ease and proper skill.
- While prior experience in a kitchen deems favorable, cooks receive formal training upon hire and tend to make hourly wages near $11.00.
- Earning up to $9.00 an hour and generally working part-time hours, dishwashers operate as part of back-of-house kitchen teams.
- Responsible for taking care of kitchen work areas, equipment, and the cleanliness of plates and utensils, dishwashers must also show aptitude for physical fitness.
- Working frequently in hot and physically demanding environments, prospective dishwashers must feel comfortable standing, bending, lifting, twisting, and reaching repetitiously throughout each shift.
- Other tasks include removing trash, washing work areas, and washing pots, pans, and trays by both hand and machine.
Tips For Applying
Interested applicants may download and print paper applications from the company website and remain encouraged to apply in person. While no online application currently exists, third-party job portals may also prove useful when searching and applying for available positions. While positions like server roles prove quite distinct in the application process, other entry-level positions follow standard hiring procedures. Print neatly, clearly state availability and experience, and turn in applications directly to management when possible, as on-the-spot interviews may readily occur.
Depending on location needs, final hiring decisions may take anywhere from one to two days and up to a few weeks. Interested applicants may improve chances for hire by following up at a preferred location. Calling or visiting the location and asking to speak directly with a manager may indicate driven attitudes and a genuine desire to join the company. When possible, avoid peak hours, such as lunch or dinner times, as managers may not possess availability to speak with candidates at such times.
Benefits of Working at Tilted Kilt
Tilted Kilt employees enjoy wide-ranging work benefits including competitive base pay and flexible scheduling options.
- Part-time associates may also earn meal discounts, provided uniforms, and access to opportunities for career advancement.
- Management and full-time workers may gain access to medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401(k) retirement plans.
- Managers also hold prospects for bonus programs.
Additional Information about Tilted Kilt
With a company slogan of “A cold beer never looked so good,” Tilted Kilt provides entertainment and dining experiences greatly differing from most other eateries. Founded in Las Vegas in 2003, the company quickly expanded into new territories across the United States and Canada. In addition to restaurant operations, the pub offers a yearly calendar featuring actual Kilt Girls. Owner Ron Lynch and the restaurant even featured on an episode of the television show “Undercover Boss” in 2012.