With nearly 250 legendary California sandwich shops spread across the Western U.S., Togo's hopes to continue branching out in the near future. With new locations opening frequently, the demand for new staff in both entry-level positons and career-minded roles continually grows. Candidates should apply at the restaurant location of choice to start the application process.
Facts About Working at Togo's
Minimum Age to Work at Togo's: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Togo's?)
Togo's Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 11:30am-9:30pm; Closed Sunday
Available Positions at Togo's: Cashier, Food Preparation Worker, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, General Manager
Togo’s Job Opportunities
Embracing a humble beginning, the company encourages young entrepreneurs to open franchise stores with the same ambition as the first small sandwich shop built in 1971 in San Jose, CA, by a college student. Aspiring business persons without the financial backing or experience may instead pursue a restaurant career at a store location offering part-time and full-time entry-level jobs. Applicants at the beginning of a food industry career may inquire about entry-level positions such as cashier or sandwich maker, while job seekers providing more extensive restaurant service backgrounds may pursue managerial roles.
The company provides each franchise location with management and employee training programs so every store stays consistent with the brand and remains successful. Workers gain corporate training from one of the most successful sandwich businesses in the U.S. while working in fun and engaging environments, as well. Applicants looking for relaxed, team-oriented workplaces may find Togo’s befitting for employment. Employees should embody the overarching company pride in serving sandwiches, soups, salads, and wraps to order.
Togo’s Positions and Salary Information
Togo’s employs applicants no younger than 16 years old. However, each location operates under different leadership and requirements making hiring qualifications vary between each restaurant. Applicants should apply at the hiring location of choice for one of the following roles:
- Prep team members must work quickly and accurately to craft each patron order.
- Applicants should take pride in the menu and the store and ensure all meals prove up to par and the restaurant location appears clean and inviting at all times.
- Prep team members also claim responsibility for everday, tasks such as cleaning, stocking, and organizing work areas.
- The position generally pays minimum wage with the opportunity to advance into other positions, such as team leader, which feature higher pay scales.
- Ringing out customers and ensuring complete guest satisfaction represent the primary duties for cashiers.
- Applicants should prove capable of providing customer service with energetic personalities.
- When patrons need no assistance, cashiers tidy aspects of the store and help other team members when needed.
- Cashiers may receive minimum wage upon hire, with pay increases over time to as much as $9.00 an hour, depending on performance and management.
- Occupants of the team leader position must take care of guests by first leading and inspiring the Togo’s team.
- Team leaders should bring energy to the store as well as a tenacious work ethic other employees may observe and model off of.
- Duties include taking care of guests, managing overall restaurant appearances and safety standards, orchestrating assignments for workers, keeping track of stock, and ensuring financial honesty and success.
- Team leaders often receive around $8.00 an hour upon hire, with pay increases generally occurring with tenure to around $10.00 hourly.
- Adaptable and self-motivated applicants find success during the hiring process for management positions.
- Managers take responsibility for hiring and training team members, implementing safety, managing costs, and developing team members to full potentials.
- Efforts to build and enhance profits by building relationships with local businesses and the communities must also take place in addition to providing up-to-par operational standards.
- Often managers make annual salary options between $40,000 and $50,000, on average.
Tips For Applying
Each Togo’s restaurant operates as a separate entity, so individual location owners make hiring decisions. Due to the franchised nature of the chain, job inquiries must take place in person at a local restaurant. The company website provides no online job application form; however, users may access the restaurant locator provided on the web page to find a nearby shop. When job hopefuls visit a location to request a job application, appropriate dress and preparation should take place in case of an on-the-spot interview. Demonstrate professionalism and interest in the position applied for to further impress potential managers.
Togo’s often responds to qualifying applicants within a week or two. However, due to varying management methods, a specific time period may prove difficult to predict. Applicants hoping to inquire about the status of a job application may do so via phone call or in person at the location of desired hire. Professional dress and arriving during off-peak hours typically ensure meeting with a hiring manager.
Benefits of Working at Togo’s
Workers enjoy friendly environments featuring advancement opportunities available to dedicated employees. Some qualifying associates also enjoy job benefits packages, which could include:
- Medical insurance
- Paid vacation, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
All employees may take advantage of a supportive working environment and flexible working hours. Meal discounts may also stand readily available. Specific work benefits and eligibility requirements vary franchise to franchise.
More Information on Togo’s
Togo’s currently seeks franchisees to expand the sandwich shop along the West Coast and beyond. The company wishes to double the amount of businesses currently operating within the next few years. Entrepreneurs interested in operating sandwich shops may visit the company web site to learn about growth opportunities, training and support, investment, buying a franchise, and how to apply for ownership.