Toys R Us is a top retailer in the toy and baby product industry and employs over 60,000 associates. Friendly and self-driven workers can find rewarding employment with the growing chain.
Facts About Working at Toys R Us
Minimum Age to Work at Toys R Us: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Toys R Us?)
Toys R Us Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-7:00pm
Available Positions at Toys R Us: Store Associate, Asset Protection Specialist, Customer Service Representative, Store Team Lead, Sales Associate, Sales Team Member, Assembler, Game Sales Team Member, Risk Management Support Representative, Off Hours Stocking Crew, Human Resources Department Supervisor, Back Of House Specialist, Pricing And Signage Team Member, Store Receiving Specialist, Maintenance/Housekeeping Team Member, Off Hours Stock Clerk, Department Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Job Opportunities at Toys R Us
Over 850 store locations supply shoppers with toys, games, electronics, and more. This regularly requires the chain to hire new employees to fill available positions. Entry-level candidates familiar with current toys and games are ideal for Toys R Us jobs.
Employees fulfill numerous roles in each store. Toys R Us opportunities include both full-time and part-time work suitable for job seekers with little-to-no experience. The company values dedication, responsibility, and a passion for helping others when hiring new employees.
Toys R Us Jobs and Pay Rates
Toys R Us hires candidates starting at 16 years old. Entry-level job seekers can find work in customer service, stocking, and maintenance. A brief overview of some of the most common careers the company hires for are listed here:
- Cashiers help customers with purchases, questions, and concerns.
- Applicants for this role must be polite, energetic, and efficient workers.
- Earning a starting wage of $9.00 an hour, associates frequently earn promotions and higher pay rates over time.
- Read the Toys R Us cashier job description.
Sales Team Member
- Employees in sales team member roles earn around $9.00 per hour.
- Job duties involve stocking shelves, organizing storerooms, and assisting customers by answering questions.
- Candidates should be outgoing and interested in working with the public.
- Take a look at the Toys R Us sales associate job description for more details.
Maintenance Team Member
- Maintenance team members clean stores, empty trash bins, sweep and mop, and repair minor damages.
- Positions are open to all candidates though some mechanical experience can be helpful.
- Hourly pay falls around $9.00.
- Supervisors generally work to ensure daily operations run smoothly.
- Management positions include store manager, department manager, assistant manager, and team leader jobs.
- Duties include hiring workers, scheduling employees, motivating associates, and overseeing daily store operations.
- Toys R Us managers earns a salary between $20,000 and $70,000, according to job title, department, and location.
- Read more on available management careers with the Toys R Us manager job description.
Tips for Applying
The company holds college recruiting fairs and other programs allowing job hopefuls to apply in person. Event schedules, job listings, and links to apply can be found on the company website. Application forms can also be found at in-store kiosks.
Candidates may need to allow up to a month to hear back from Toys R Us about the status of their application. Calling stores and checking online profiles can also be helpful. Applicants should only visit stores as a last resort as it can interfere with daily operations.
Read about the Toys R Us interview.
Benefits of Working at Toys R Us
Employment benefits at Toys R Us include dental, vision, and medical insurance as well as paid vacation and sick leave. All workers earn store discounts while eligible employees receive access to 401(k) retirement plans.
More Facts on Toys R Us
The retailer works with Save the Children, an organization dedicated to getting children to recovery sites during disasters. Over the years, over $5 million dollars has been raised and given to victims of severe tornadoes, flooding, and earthquakes.