Tractor Supply Company operates more than 1,000 retail stores nationwide and employs nearly 20,000 people. The company promises customers expertise, passion and integrity in all services provided. As the retailer claims on the company website, candidates who demonstrate a strong work ethics typically perform well during the hiring process.
Facts About Working at Tractor Supply Co.
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Tractor Supply Co?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cashier, Team Member, Team Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Tractor Supply Co. Job Opportunities
An extensive list of part-time and full-time entry-level opportunities stand readily available at Tractor Supply Co., with just as many available positions behind-the-scenes involving customer interaction, as well. The company fills inventory, distribution, management, retail sales, and customer service positions, which creates diverse teams with varying skillsets.
Emphasizing honesty and teamwork in the company mission statement, Tractor Supply Co. employs individuals capable of balancing the retail values while achieving operational success. Workers who exude both qualities often move into supervisory or managerial careers within the company. Other hiring requirements for managerial roles may include high school diplomas and industry experience. Backgrounds in agriculture or farming equipment sales also help candidates stand out among other applicants.
Tractor Supply Co. Positions and Salary Information
Applicants 16 years of age and older qualify for employment at Tractor Supply Co. Younger prospects often find placement in jobs such as store team member or material handler, depending on the personal desires to work with customers and physical abilities to lift heavy products. More experienced applicants, preferably with educational backgrounds in agriculture or business, may interview for management roles. A list of positions regularly available to job seekers sit listed below:
Store Team Member
- Integrity, product knowledge, positive attitudes, and high energy serve as desirable traits the company looks for in potential store team member employees.
- Individuals who fill the position often juggle many tasks including the operation of cash registers, recovery of merchandise to correct aisles, assembly of store displays, completion of janitorial obligations, operation of forklifts, and general assistance in sales.
- Store team member primary duties include providing excellent customer service and meeting sales goals.
- The average store team member receives hourly pay set between $7.00 to $9.00.
Store Team Leader
- Working closely under the store manager and assistant store manager, the store team leader takes responsibility for setting an example to subordinate workers and ensuring team members adhere to corporate policies.
- The store team leader also maintains operational, sales, and merchandising objectives.
- The ability to carry 50 lbs. of weight, and assume flexible work schedule also prove necessary.
- Store team leaders make an average of $8.00 to $12.00 an hour.
- Risk-takers who enjoy working in fast-paced environments and hold the necessary experience and education regularly qualify for managerial positions at Tracker Supply Co.
- Workers may assume many different positions, including operations manager, retail assistant manager, and retail store manager.
- Operations managers work within distribution centers supervising the utilization of space, equipment, and crew members.
- The position requires at least five years of operations management experience, with college degrees preferred for employment.
- Retail store managers make hiring decisions, supervise workers, increase store sales, maintain store presentation, and control inventory.
- Retail assistant managers focus more on customer service and retail supervision.
- Both require at least two years of retail management experience, with preference given to candidates who hold bachelor’s degrees in related fields.
- Placement in the retail store manager position may also require relocation.
- Operations managers make between $34,000 and $38,000 annually, while retail store managers enjoy salary options between $41,000 and $64,000 per year.
- Retail assistant managers receive hourly pay between $12.00 and $15.00.
- An entry-level position for applicants 18 years old and up, store receiver opportunities call for applicants who prove reliable, organized, and timely with the completion of tasks.
- Store receivers remain responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy and receiving and shipping freight.
- The physical ability to unload 50 lb. shipments and push or pull merchandise up to 200 lbs. with assistance from equipment also proves necessary.
- Qualified applicants exude excellent problem-solving traits with proficient computer skills and counting abilities.
- Flexible work schedules, including night and weekend availability, serve as a plus.
- The average store receiver earns between $9.00 and $13.00 a hour.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls may apply online using the company career site, which claims the retailer continuously accepts job applications for hourly paid positions. Individuals interested in working for the agricultural supply retail chain also may request applications in person at the preferred location of hire. The company career site suggests drop-by applicants should bring resume copies for filing purposes in the event no current openings exist. Job seekers should apply for corporate careers online, as well.
Applicants may track the status of outstanding applications online by logging into personal profiles, which workers create at the beginning of the process. If a job hopeful submits an application in person, a visit to office may prove more beneficial; however, the website ensures follow-ups do not inherently influence overall hiring determinations because the retailer contacts the best matches for any open positions regardless of follow-up measures taken.
Benefits of Working at Tractor Supply Co.
Tractor Supply Co. employees grow skillsets, learn and apply personal strengths, and enjoy working with highly motivated teams. The company rewards hardworking team members with promotion opportunities and career growth. Qualified associates working full-time also receive employee benefits packages. Most packages consist of:
- 401(k) plans
- Medical coverage
- Life insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Education assistance, and
- Paid vacation.
More Information on Tractor Supply Co.
Applicants and customers alike may use the Tractor Supply Co. website to browse services and merchandise sold in stores and online. Potential job candidates may also access job postings, applications, hiring information, tips, and information about the company by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the careers link. The company missions and values also sit within the careers section of the website. Applicants should become familiar with any career-oriented information in order to display knowledge of company morals and services during the application and interviewing processes.
I liked working for Tractor Supply warehouse.
Kayla Glover says:
I would like to work at Tractor supply warehouse.