A chain of truck stops founded in the early 1970s, TA TravelCenters of America maintains over 250 locations across the United States. Popular amenities and excellent customer service spur consistent patronage each year and result in the ongoing need for new employees.
Facts About Working at TA TravelCenters Of America
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at TravelCenters Of America?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Store Associate, Cashier, Server, Grill Cook, Maintenance Technician, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Diesel Truck/Equipment Mechanic, Lube Technician, Shop Project Leader, Human Resources Administrator
TA Travel Centers of America Job Opportunities
Each TravelCenters of America location features services typical of gas stations and industry-leading amenities. Customers enjoy traditional services like gasoline sales, food and drink sales, and restroom facilities as well as pay showers, in-house casinos, full-service restaurants, automotive repair centers, and lodging. The chain must hire both inexperienced and experienced workers to fill available positions. A majority of gas station jobs for hire require no previous experience; however, positions in management and auto repair often carry minimum qualifications regarding education and work history. The diverse offerings of the chain create thousands of job opportunities across the expansive network of stores.
TA TravelCenters of America places heavy emphasis on customer service and uses the hiring process to screen for individuals able to interface with patrons in positive manners. Applicants with diverse skillsets often make ideal candidates, as the chain looks for workers able to migrate between positions. Upward mobility offers career options in retail and restaurant management. Workers may also find automotive repair jobs featuring competitive pay and full-time hours at most locations. Job seekers must enjoy regular interaction with others, regardless of position, and perform well in potentially loud and fast-paced environments. Late hours, weekends, and holidays regularly comprise the average employee schedule. Open availability often improves the candidacy of an aspiring applicant.
TA TravelCenters of America Positions and Salary Information
Offering both part-time and full-time opportunities for employment, the prominent truck stop chain requires applicants to meet the minimum hiring age of 18 for most positions. Select entry-level job titles in restaurant operations may only require job hopefuls to stand 16 years of age. Applicants able to meet company minimum age requirements may qualify for the commonly available positions listed below:
Fast Food Crew Member
- The in-house restaurant services offered by TA stations provide entry-level work in fast food.
- The position of fast food crew member entails many standard job duties of traditional fast food restaurant employment opportunities, including customer service, food preparation, sanitation, and inventory.
- Most franchises utilize computerized cash register systems requiring applicants to possess basic math skills for employment consideration.
- The truck stop chain also favors individuals with excellent hygiene and personable attitudes.
- Moderate manual labor involved in daily responsibilities requires workers to lift up to 50lbs. comfortably and stand for entire shift durations, which usually amount to part-time hours.
- Fast food crew members earn minimum wage, in most cases.
- Otherwise known as station attendants, store cashiers work the front sales counters at TravelCenters of America locations and provide customer service.
- Applicants must maintain presentable appearances, the ability to lift up to 50lbs. at a time, and open shift availability.
- Store cashier jobs involve the regular handling of money.
- Hiring personnel usually look for trustworthy individuals capable of making quick and accurate transactions consistently.
- A predominantly part-time opportunity, the job title offers entry-level starting pay right around minimum wage.
Truck Service Advisor
- Referred to by the truck stop chain as TSAs, truck service advisors work in the station automotive repair shops and assist customers in sales.
- In addition to ringing up purchases at sales counters, truck service advisors walk customers through repairs and provide detailed information on services available.
- Key duties include some data entry and manual labor, as well. Job hopefuls must exude knowledgeable, personable, and well-kempt demeanors.
- Employees in the position regularly report earnings between $25,000 and $30,000 annual salary.
- Applicants must possess the ability to work full-time, flexible schedules.
Tips For Applying
When filling out application forms, job seekers should allot roughly 45 minutes to provide the necessary information. The employment documents regularly ask for contact, employment, and job skills information. Fill out the forms thoroughly. Good physical health and excellent hygiene regularly factor in to overall hiring decisions. Applicants should also possess sound communication skills and personal interests in working for the nationwide truck stop chain. Experiences verifying favorable traits may result in added consideration.
The hiring process provides both online and paper means of submitting applications. Workers may check back on submitted forms by calling or emailing the hiring managers of desired locations. In-person visits also serve as acceptable means of checking on application status. On average, TA TravelCenters of America responds to potential employees within a week. Checking back with the company after submission may accelerate the hiring process and lead to quicker turnaround.
Benefits of Working at TA TravelCenters of America
TA TravelCenters of America prides operations on caring for others and offers employees comprehensive job benefits. Upon hire, entry-level workers and managers receive direct deposit pay, discounts on food and merchandise, and flexibility in scheduling. Managers also receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid leave
- Education assistance
- Healthcare plans, and
- Personalized financial planning assistance.
More Information on TA TravelCenters of America
As a way to give back to regular customers, TA offers a three-tiered rewards program. Patrons may apply for UltraONE Professional Driver, UltraONE Expediter, or UltraONE Coach status. Once granted, customers falling under the different categories receive specialized benefits based on points systems. After earning enough points, each grade of elite customer enjoys discounted or complimentary services and merchandise. Perks include free showers, discounted food and fuel, and savings on automotive repairs.