A global lifestyle brand focused on premium denim apparel, True Religion reaches customers through an international chain of more than 150 stores. The denim and sportswear retailer operates roughly 125 stores in the United States alone and offers employment on a regular basis.
Facts About Working at True Religion
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at True Religion?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Keyholder, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Buyer, Buying Intern, Retail Merchandise Coordinator, Human Resources Generalist, Marketing Associate, Financial Analyst
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
True Religion Job Opportunities
Most of the jobs offered through True Religion stores involve entry-level sales work. The fashion retail chain specializes in producing trendsetting yet durable apparel and hires sales associates to connect with customers and highlight the major selling points of available merchandise. Frequent hiring also takes place to fill loss prevention positions, which entail the protection of company assets. Like sales associates, loss prevention specialists hold entry-level responsibilities supporting the profitability of the store. However, while loss prevention jobs remain accessible to candidates with no prior experience, sales associate positions require a history of working in retail for at least six months.
The issue of employment history plays an even larger role in the hiring process for management positions, as only job seekers with prior managerial experience qualify to work as managers. Due to the upscale nature of True Religion stores, applicants must gain the necessary experience within high-end fashion retail environments. The major responsibilities of managers involve a combination of bookkeeping, customer service, organizational, and supervisory duties. Being responsible for such a comprehensive range of tasks entitles each manager to a generous salary and an employment benefits package, in most cases.
True Religion Positions and Salary Information
Exclusively available to workers at 18 years of age or older, True Religion jobs also remain expressly reserved for high school graduates. The fashion retailer prefers to hire managers with college degrees, as well. Job seekers looking for part-time or full-time employment in fashion retail may apply for positions like:
- The job of the sales associate primarily centers on customer service.
- Merchandising and housekeeping duties also comprise the main responsibilities of the entry-level position.
- Specifically, sales associates share knowledge of products, current promotions, and company advertisements with customers and use computerized cash register systems to process purchases as well as returns.
- Setting up product displays, keeping merchandise neat and organized, and cleaning represent a sampling of additional tasks commonly associated with the job.
- In addition to requiring a high school diploma and at least six months of retail experience, sales associate jobs demand the ability to climb a ladder, lift up to 25 pounds without assistance, and stand for the duration of work shifts.
- True Religion sales associates generally earn between $8.00 and $10.00 an hour.
Loss Prevention Specialist
- Preventing theft serves as the primary function of loss prevention specialists.
- The entry-level job title comes with responsibilities ranging from conducting bag and garbage checks to uncovering and reporting incidents of cash shortages, credit card fraud, and shoplifting.
- Loss prevention specialists also monitor security sensors and test the storewide antitheft system on a regular basis to ensure full functionality.
- True Religion prefers to fill loss prevention jobs by hiring candidates with previous experience working for high-end fashion retailers, though inexperienced workers frequently qualify for employment, as well.
- The denim retail chain typically pays loss prevention specialists up to $12.00 per hour.
- Assistant managers and store managers complete a wide range of duties related to sales generation, store operations and presentation, and employee supervision.
- Managerial responsibilities include designing innovative strategies to maximize sales, supervising and reviewing the performance of entry-level workers, enforcing company standards regarding merchandise presentation and store layouts, controlling and monitoring expenses, and interfacing with corporate officials.
- Managers also interview, hire, and train new employees in addition to scheduling store associates for work.
- Three years of previous management experience generally serves as the primary requirement managerial applicants need to meet.
- True Religion pays assistant managers between $15.00 and $18.00 hourly, while store managers enjoy average annual salary options of nearly $60,000.
Tips For Applying
Applying online for True Religion jobs involves navigating to the Careers page from the bottom of the company website. After perusing the list of vacancies and making a suitable selection, candidates begin the application process by clicking the button marked Apply for this Position located at the bottom of the job description. Clicking the button takes job seekers to the application form, which generally includes sections for personal information, availability, employment history, and resume attachment. To save time, applicants may elect to fill out the online form automatically by uploading resumes or using personal LinkedIn profiles. When indicating availability, candidates should strive to keep open or flexible schedules, as fashion retail chains tend to hire employees with the ability to work different shifts each day or week. Taking the time to compose a thoughtful and relevant cover letter in the space provided in the resume attachment section may also enhance the candidacy of an applicant.
If the standings of submitted applications remain unapparent online, job seekers should follow up with the store directly. Applicants opting to follow up in person often gain an advantage over candidates displaying less initiative. Prospective employees should exemplify the True Religion brand image when dressing to visit the store. Job seekers should also direct any follow-up questions to management, as meeting with an employee responsible for hiring often proves far more effective than speaking with a sales associate in passing. In addition to inquiring about the status of an application, give a brief summary of related skills or experiences and reiterate interest in the position.
Benefits of Working at True Religion
True Religion employees may access various job benefits, which often include perks like merchandise discounts and vacation time. Comprehensive employment benefits packages usually become available as workers fulfill certain eligibility requirements. Employee benefits packages typically contain amenities such as:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid time off and 401(k) retirement plans
Additional Information on True Religion
Established in 2002, True Religion offers premium denim and related apparel. The fashion retailer attracts customers by focusing on the style, quality, and fit of its denim products. Designed with current trends in mind, the apparel offered by the retail chain also emphasizes durability. The company retails denim and sportswear for men, women, and children worldwide. In addition to attracting customers, the high quality of True Religion denim combined with the strong demand for the product entices unauthorized sellers to produce many counterfeit versions of the merchandise each year.