Thousands of communities around the globe experience quality products, expert advice, and superior service at True Value. Skilled team members perform in manufacturing, distribution, and retail environments supporting the company mission of remaining a leading hardware store chain.
Facts About Working at True Value
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at True Value?)
Available Positions: Handyman, Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Department Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
True Value Hardware Employee Interview Videos
True Value Hardware Job Opportunities
The American hardware cooperative maintains over 5,000 independent retail locations scattered across the world. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, True Value also owns a number of other retail identities, such as Party Central and Taylor Rental. Approximately 12 regional distribution centers support venues with the assistance of close to 3,000 associates. Tracing roots to four hardware cooperatives, the establishment began in 1962 with the acquisition of the True Value trademark. The company focuses on providing advice and merchandise geared toward DIY enthusiasts. Marketing teams energetically develop stronger brand recognition through national advertising and actively participating in local communities. Employees aid in the vision of the hardware company by demonstrating integrity, respect, teamwork, and determination.
Staff members become part of a family of associates driven by the goal of company growth and profitability. Rewarding environments guarantee the ability to move into higher level positions or receive further education in specialized fields. Occupations for entry-level and experienced individuals exist in accounting, marketing, sales, retail, and warehouse operations as well as several others. Associates value the company culture with diverse members routinely hired, team work prized, and individual ideas utilized.
True Value Occupations and Salary Information
Prospective employees must meet educational requirements of high school degrees or equivalents. Most opportunities also require individuals stand over 18 years of age apply. Experience with customers and superb communication skills assist workers in completing assignments. Candidates find occupations in the following frequently available job titles:
- Clerical duties, customer service, and administrative duties all pertain to warehouse clerks.
- By offering support, employees photocopy, compile records, handle phone calls, distribute mail, and file.
- Workers must also actively maintain knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Occasionally, staff members engage in customer service and perform other miscellaneous duties.
- In order to complete assigned responsibilities, team members need excellent mathematical skills, Word and Excel knowledge, capability to work flexible schedules, and lift up to 50 pound.
- Hourly wages between $8.00 and $14.00 accompany the position.
Human Resource Assistant
- Generously offered pay rates begin at $12.00 to $13.00 an hour for assistant positions.
- Typically, one to three years of previous experience in human resources or office work aids in the tactful ability to gain occupations.
- Computer skills remain mandatory with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word frequently utilized throughout the day.
- Additional abilities routinely used include communication skills, multi-tasking, providing and receiving feedback graciously, and ability to work independently.
- During the day, employees handle questions from team members in all departments as well as make and change personnel files.
- Human resource assistants aid in all phases of the recruitment process for hourly associates by conducting orientation and processing required forms.
- Attendance, pay roll, and cross training also pertain to the duties of assistant careers.
- Operating in warehouse environments, order fillers engage in the distribution and management of products, which many include receiving, sorting, and storing.
- With no experience necessary, individuals meeting the minimal age requirement of 18 years old enjoy salary packages of $13.00 to $20.00 per hour.
- As a physically challenging position, order filler workers must accept mandatory overtime, stand, walk, bend, reach, twist, maneuver in place, and carry up to 75 pounds for 8 or more hours per day.
- Demands arise from unloading merchandise from trailers, stacking and unloading containers, and operating power equipment.
- Less strenuous responsibilities include maintaining and verifying records of goods entering into the distribution center.
Tips For Applying
Aspirants join applicant pools through performing detailed searches online. Based on information, such as the location, position type, functional area, and the date posted, search results fluctuate by offering opportunities geared toward specific needs and qualifications. True Value recommends submitting applications for specific positions rather than for general consideration. By completing online profiles and uploading resumes, candidates enter into the recruiting database for consideration. Applying in-person or through partnered college universities may aid in gaining employment, as well.
Hiring processes may vary from region and position; however, hiring leaders typically review resumes at time of submission. Applications receive judgement based on skills and experience compared to the necessary qualifications listed on job descriptions. Acknowledgment emails send to all candidates as receipts of receiving submissions. The average waiting period rests between two and five weeks before recruiters contact contenders for in-person interviews. If particularly eager, potential employees may arrive in local stores to request updates on the status of applications from hiring managers.
True Value Work Benefits
The belief happy and healthy employees operate more productively entices True Value to offer exceptional rewards. Healthcare coverage along with employee assistance programs, dental, and vision insurance allow workers to stay healthy physically and emotionally. Other work benefits included in comprehensive packages comprise of:
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Short-term disability, and
- Legal services plans.
The True Value University serves as a resource for continuing education and further development training and professional skills, as well. For employees seeking work/life balance, paid time off through holidays, vacations, and personal days satisfies the needs of most. Other personal benefits like wholesale pricing, volunteerism opportunities, business casual dress, and an on-site fitness center remain accessible.
More Facts about True Value
Primarily focused on underserved youths and the lives of children, the True Value Foundation places emphases on education and empowering communities. With year-round volunteerism, the company seeks employees able to mentor and service surrounding areas. In the spirit of serving children, every spring the foundation puts on a golf tournament entitled True Value’s Charity Classic. Invited to sponsor the program, suppliers enjoy a round of golf at Cog Hill or Willow Crest Golf Club followed by a cocktail reception, dinner, and auction. Proceeds earned from the event make way to Boys and Girls Clubs of America and Painting a Brighter Future.