One of the largest lawn care providers, TruGreen works with PhD agronomists and certified specialists to deliver science-based solutions and keep landscapes and lawns healthy and vibrant. Highly qualified applicants find part-time and full-time openings working directly with customers.
Facts About Working at TruGreen
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at TruGreen?)
Available Positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk, Branch Services, Lawncare Specialist DOT, Safety Coordinator, Service Training Coordinator, Call Center/Contact Center, Telesales Supervisor, Sales Supervisor Contact Center, Branch Sales Representative, Neighborhood Sales Representative, Sales Auditor, Telemarketing Solicitor ,Lawn Care Technician
TruGreen Employment Options
Headquartered in Memphis, TN, TruGreen operates more than 245 branches throughout the country. Although national, the company maintains a close-knitted feel by employing workers living within the served communities. Extensive training in the AdvantEDGE program produces TruExperts capable of adjusting lawn applications based on weather and wildlife. Workers target problem-prone areas and use fertilizer to remove weeds and establish healthy lawns. Some career opportunities directly handle outdoor maintenance while others explain and assist customers in the understanding of services and products. Job seekers may also submit applications for positions in management and corporate capacities.
Personalized attention helps associates feel valued and develop into the best professionals possible. Working for an employer of choice, staff members build dynamic teams while reaching career and personal goals. Individuals driven to find success and challenges experience numerous rewards while working for TruGreen. Serving over 2 million customers and continuously growing, the company constantly needs to fill openings. Employees engage in more than lawn care and may design, install, and maintain landscape, offer tree care services, and help customers manage water through audits and budgeting services. Team members may also work in branches, corporate offices, and in the field.
TruGreen Job Opportunities and Salary Information
Individuals looking to flourish in customer-oriented positions successfully qualify for openings with TruGreen. Upbeat and friendly personalities allow potential workers to gain employment easily. Candidates who demonstrate previous work experience in lawn care, sales, or client services often adjust to roles in the company with ease. Most positions require applicants over 18 years old and high school diplomas. With little-to-no experience needed, job hopefuls find occupations in the following titles:
- Employees looking to spend time outdoors and maximize incomes enjoy positions as lawn specialists.
- Workers assist with lawn applications, diagnosing and correcting lawn problems, and explaining maintenance and care to clients.
- By performing a three-minute, 360-degree inspection of vehicles and equipment, specialists guarantee safety and productivity.
- Candidates over 21 years of age qualify for lawn specialist positions and may need to handle telephone and in-person requests daily.
- Production reports and sales forms remain fundamental in completing daily responsibilities.
- Service calls to new and current customers drive yearly pay rates from $26,000 to $43,000.
Customer Service Associate
- Customers often call TruGreen with concerns and problems, which customer service associates handle inbound with warm and courteous greetings.
- Employees resolve issues right away and determine the roots of problems.
- Hourly wages begin at $12.00 and go up to $14.00 with more experience.
- High school diplomas remain required; however, individuals with associate’s degrees fare better in competitive applicant pools.
- Workers must retain product and service information and successfully assist consumers with related needs.
- Occasionally, staff members perform presentations one-on-one or in small groups with clients, coworkers, and employees of other organizations.
- Selling residential and commercial lawn care services, sales representatives target specific markets of new and current customers.
- Since the possibility to earn commission stands available, earnings become influenced by sales and base salary options of $20,000 to $36,000 a year.
- Individuals must remain comfortable going door-to-door to offer services during peak selling seasons.
- During off-seasons, associates perform inside sales from branch offices.
- Telemarketing may include cross-selling and up-selling and previous experience normally decreases difficulty of required duties.
- Other than experience, qualified hires possess valid driver’s licenses and clean driving records.
- Sales agents often perform office tasks such as data entry, filing, and computer usage.
Tips For Applying
The Talent Community serves as a resource for potential employees. By submitting emails, candidates receive job alerts and communications from TruGreen. The option to share recent openings through Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media sites allows individuals to alert friends and families about opportunities. Job seekers may also use LinkedIn to connect with career recommendations based on previously held positions. Basic and advanced searches help applicants locate careers matching skills and desirable locations. Upon selecting positions, hopefuls create profiles to submit as applications. Contenders must register with the portal in order to successfully apply.
Since most applicants apply online, recruiters typically reach out through emails to set up interviews. Hiring managers contact candidates in one week with entire interview processes taking as long as three to four weeks. Many times multiple interviews remain necessary and range from phone screenings to in-person interviews and shadowing. Email notifications follow after offers from hiring leaders and include information for scheduling drug tests. Contenders should contact hiring representatives to find out statuses of applications after a few days. A helpdesk contact remains available for individuals with questions.
Benefits of Working for TruGreen
By entering the TruGreen family, workers obtain numerous advantages. Certain work benefits provide automatic coverage for associates, such as basic life insurance, short-term income protection, and employee assistance programs. Other employment benefits remain optional.
- Medical insurance
- Prescription drug
- Dental, and
- Vision stand available for personnel to select.
Competitive pay and paid time off entice team members to enjoy personal days. Development and educational training programs also remain available for individuals seeking to further education.
More Information on TruGreen
The company displays commitment to the community by acting as a good corporate citizen and rewards volunteerism. In 2014, the lawn company donated $125,000 to local and national charities. TruGreen established the Lawn Stars program to give back to communities. Branches able to demonstrate exceptional growth won $2,000 for donation to charity organizations. Some of the organizations chosen included American Red Cross, Boys & Girls Clubs, Habitat for Humanity, The Salvation Army, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Many of the charities hold special meanings to staff members. A second program, Green for Givers Campaign, gives grants on behalf of employees.