Situated in North America and most commonly found in shopping centers, Urban Behavior specializes in unisex clothing. The fashion retailer needs entry-level and career-minded job seekers to fill available positions. Workers willing to fill both full-time and part-time roles remain necessary.
Facts About Working at Urban Behavior
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Urban Behavior?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Area Manager, Human Resources Generalist, Loss Prevention Manager, Merchandise Coordinator
Urban Behavior Job Opportunities
Urban Behavior specializes in styles indicative of relaxed and casual nightlife. Individuals interested in or knowledgeable about the fashion world may earn favor with hiring personnel for available entry-level jobs. Additionally, keen awareness of upcoming trends in the market persists as a valuable attribute for both sales associates and the managerial team. Friendly and engaging workers able to build relationships with clientele fare well in customer service positions and therefore remain assets to the fashion retailer.
Job seekers may possess little-to-no previous employment experience and still receive consideration for available work. Individuals starting off in entry-level positions receive extensive training to ensure necessary and transferable skills stand obtained. Furthermore, ambitious individuals may receive promotion into managerial positions, the corporate office, or the design studio in Los Angeles.
Urban Behavior Positions and Salary Information
Individuals may seek employment with Urban Behavior starting at the age of 16. Entry-level work with the fashion retailer requires no formal education or job experience. As such, jobs remain easily obtainable but highly sought after. Job seekers should consider applying to the following positions whenever available:
- Usually a part-time position garnering minimum wage, the sales associate job title requires applicants to possess open availabilities and willingness to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Additionally, the physical capability to lift up to 25 pounds, squat, stand, bend, and reach consistently over the course of shifts proves essential to the job.
- Other basic sales associate duties include greeting customers, answering questions, replenishing stock, maintaining the orderliness of the store, returning discarded dressing room items to the sales floor, ringing up customer items, packaging customer purchases appropriately and efficiently, providing change as needed, and performing various other tasks as assigned by management.
- Sales associates must also retain familiarity with available merchandise to better assist customers.
Management Team Member
- At the store level, management teams comprise of assistant managers and general managers.
- Together, members of management facilitate the smooth operation of store functions.
- Both assistant and store manager job candidates should possess upwards of two years of experience in retail leadership to receive consideration for available work.
- Furthermore, individuals interested in management must possess excellent organization capabilities, friendly dispositions, honed customer service skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Some essential responsibilities of the management team includes creating employee work schedules, handling payroll, taking inventory, ordering more stock as needed, opening and closing the store, responding to customer complaints and concerns directly, scouting and hiring new staff, training new associates, leading by example, and contributing to store sales goals.
- Full-time positions, assistant and store managers may earn salary packages up to $40,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Individuals interested in available work with Urban Behavior maintain the option of visiting stores to submit paper applications or browsing the career section of the company website for fitting positions and then filling out online applications. No matter the medium, job candidates should prepare personal contact information, employer histories, education backgrounds, and resumes. To impress hiring personnel, hopefuls should consider touching up resumes to highlight experience, training, and skills relevant to desired positions. Always look over completed applications to eliminate mistakes.
Checking on application statuses may yield interviews and job offers for interested candidates. Job hopefuls maintain the option of calling target stores, conducting in-store visits, and emailing the appropriate hiring personnel. To benefit from status checks, applicants should refrain from reaching out to hiring managers during traditionally busy store hours and remain professional and polite at all times. When executed correctly, checking on application statues communicates genuine desires for available work.
Benefits of Working at Urban Behavior
Due to the relatively small size of the company, Urban Behavior offers basic worker benefit packages.
- Health coverage
- Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off and associate discounts prove available for qualifying employees
Eligibility may depend on employment status as part-time or full-time.
More Information on Urban Behavior
Urban Behavior connects with customers through various social media outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter. A fashion blog titled Wear What You Want remains part of the company social media campaign. The blog promotes body positivity and shares fashion advice and suggestions for women, men, and kids.