US Airways, now owned by American Airlines, was an air carrier based in Arizona. The two companies began to merge in 2013, creating the world's biggest airline. This merger dramatically increased its fleet size and number of destinations.
Facts About Working at US Airways
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at US Airways?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Agent, Airline Administrative Support, Flight Attendant, Pilot, Ticket Agent, Ramp Agent, Security Officer, Air Traffic Controller, Baggage Handler, Fleet Service Clerk, Cabin Crew Member, Maintenance Technician, Aircraft Mechanic, Sales Representative, Facilities Technician, Reservations Clerk, Inspector
US Airways Job Opportunities
The Ideal Worker
The airline likes to hire people with drive for US Airways careers. Employees must always maintain a professional attitude and be open to working flexible schedules. Hiring managers look for hopefuls that have a commitment to hard work and customer service.
While previous experience helps, some positions need little or no work history. These offer each worker a chance to build a long-lasting career in the industry. There are many full-time and part-time entry-level US Airways jobs available through American Airlines.
Candidates must be 18 years old to apply for ground crew and airport jobs. Inflight applicants should usually be at least 21. Some roles may also require an employee to speak a foreign language. Review the specific job description before applying for the best chance of success.
Employment and Salary Information for US Airways
Those who want to submit US Airways job applications can do so through American Airlines. The following are common entry-level openings:
Customer Service Agent
- Customer service agents assist patrons with flight info, boarding, and ticket sales.
- Social and outgoing people tend to succeed in this job.
- The hourly wages for this US Airways career begin at $11.00.
- These employees help passengers with food, safety, and comfort during flights.
- Multi-tasking and patience are necessary for this US Airways career.
- Flight attendants have an average pay rate of $20.00 an hour.
Fleet Service Clerk
- This US Airways job requires staff to handle baggage and operate belt loaders.
- Teamwork and physical ability are important for fleet service clerks.
- These workers begin at around $12.00 per hour.
Tips for Applying
Hopefuls looking to start US Airways careers can apply online at the American Airlines website. Users must create an account to fill out an application form. From there, they can view the status of their submission and search for additional openings.
In addition to using the website, candidates can contact hiring managers to check on applications. Successful applicants usually receive an email or phone call within a few weeks to schedule an interview. More than one meeting may be necessary for some US Airways jobs.
Benefits of Working at US Airways
Workers enjoy competitive salary packages. Other possible employment benefits for US Airways careers include:
- Medical insurance with dental, vision, and healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Auto, home, and life insurance
Certain job benefits depend on the position. Like salary options, they may increase over time.
Additional Information about US Airways
As American Airlines, the company supports military and community members with volunteer work and charitable donations. The airline also encourages customers to donate to worthy causes through the AAdvantage program.