A leader in the fashion retail industry, Van Heusen provides designer apparel and accessories for men and women. The retail chain also provides lucrative job opportunities for entry-level and career-aspiring workers featuring competitive pay, paid training, and work benefits.
Facts About Working at Van Heusen
Minimum Age to Work at Van Heusen: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Van Heusen?)
Van Heusen Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Van Heusen: Sales Associate, Cashier, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Designer, Marketing Specialist, Merchandising Associate
Van Heusen Interview Videos
Van Heusen Employment Opportunities
Renowned for specializing in fashionable styles for men, the prominent fashion house also designs and distributes clothing for women. The expansive network of Van Heusen stores extends into more than 115 countries worldwide. Job seekers looking to fill part-time roles or pursue professional careers in the competitive industry often find meaningful work with the retailer. At the store level, workers consistently assume part-time, entry-level sales jobs and work in store back stockrooms. Retail operations also require teams of managers to assemble sales staffs and generate profits. Additional career opportunities in the company corporate offices located in New York City, NY, also remain viable options for prospective employees.
Van Heusen began as a pushcart operation in the late 1800s. Several acquisitions and increased brand awareness over the years led to the widespread expansion of the brand beginning in the 1950s and leading into the 2010s. Parent company PVH Corp looks to continue expansion into new markets and hires on workers interested in growing the brand. Motivated individuals driven to action and possessing excellent customer service skills make ideal candidates for employment. The trendy environments featured at store locations foster personal and professional growth, with development programs, generous pay scales, and associates discounts readily available.
Van Heusen Job Outlook and Salary Information
Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to uphold the company traditions of selling first-rate, quality apparel for adult men and women. Upon hire, workers enjoy supportive environments based on the hiring of diversified teams capable of providing outstanding customer service. Most of the positions available at Van Heusen stores include part-time, entry-level roles. The following list details the entry-level job opportunities available as well as managerial employment regularly for hire:
- The position of sales associate encourages employment prospects to hold high school educations or equivalents and related experience for consideration.
- College degrees may also improve odds of gaining employment.
- Workers must possess extensive knowledge of brand merchandise lines and overarching understanding of company styles.
- Job duties primarily hinge on assisting customers with purchases and arranging visually pleasing displays.
- Other daily tasks include folding and stocking clothing, operating cash registers, monitoring and allowing access to fitting rooms, and cleaning stores for opening/closing.
- Responsibilities often require applicants to possess some physical stamina and ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Sales associates make around $8.00 per hour to start, with pay scales rising to $10.00 or $11.00 over time.
- A sales lead position, the floor supervisor job title primarily involves ensuring subordinates execute daily functions to store policy.
- Specific tasks may include setting schedules, training new-hires, opening and closing storefronts, and assisting in sales.
- Floor supervisors typically report to assistant managers directly.
- The managerial role often provides part-time and full-time shift options based on tenure.
- On average, floor supervisor employees make $10.00 to $11.00 an hour.
- Promotion into assistant manager positions may result in annual salary options exceeding $25,000.
- Store managers make roughly $35,000 a year.
- Aspiring floor supervisors must possess at least one year of experience for consideration.
Tips For Applying
Individuals able to follow guidelines and promote the brand in positive and effective ways possess desirable qualities regularly sought in the hiring process. Managers and other recruitment personnel typically ask questions regarding product lines and personal motivations to sell Van Heusen merchandise. Workers able to respond in upbeat and articulate manners while highlighting specific pieces of clothing catered to personal tastes in fashion often make lasting impressions and receive additional review. Diligence, reliable transportation, and career aspirations also factor into overall hiring decisions.
Job seekers using the internet to fill out applications may utilize social media or professional resumes in order to automatically complete required data fields on the hiring forms. Once submitted, workers typically wait a week two to hear back from the retailer. In some cases, applicants may receive same-day phone calls upon submitting hiring materials. To spur action between submission and contact, workers should follow up via telephone or email to inquire about application status. Employment hopefuls may also use in-person visits to follow up on potential jobs. The three methods reinforce interest in available work and demonstrate dedication. Wait at least two or three days before following up to respect the busy schedules of managers.
Benefits of Working at Van Heusen
While work benefits vary by location, most Van Heusen stores extend comprehensive packages consisting of financial planning assistance, healthcare coverage, and time off to qualified employees. Eligible associates enjoy personal and dependent healthcare options ranging from medical, dental, life, and disability plans to employee assistance programs and flexible spending accounts. The retailer also provides 401(k) retirement plans with company-matching contributions and 529 college savings plans. Educational assistance, group legal plans, flex time, merchandise discounts, paid vacation and personal days, and adoption assistance remain available, as well.
Supplemental Details on Van Heusen
In addition to individual retail locations in shopping centers and outlet malls across the United States, Van Heusen maintains a sizeable presence inside of major department stores. Partnering with companies like JCPenney, Kohls, and Macy’s, the retailer sells merchandise out of specifically designated sections of each location. Sales associates of the brand at department store partnered locations serve as official ambassadors of the fashion house.