Virgin America's founding goal was low-fare travel and high-quality service. When in operation, the company had a presence in most major U.S. cities. It has since been acquired by Alaska Airlines.
Facts About Working at Virgin America
Minimum Age to Work at Virgin America: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Virgin America?)
Virgin America Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Virgin America: Customer Service Agent, Ground Service Agent, Ticket Agent, Ramp Agent, Baggage Handler, In-Flight Team Member, Flight Attendant, Pilot, Crew Scheduler, Airport Team Member, Recruiter, Aircraft Mechanic
Virgin America Job OpportunitiesFitting into the Culture
Because of its inclusive work environment, the brand looks for diverse employees. Hiring managers also seek those with an interest in customer satisfaction. Having a friendly attitude can help applicants secure Virgin America careers.Challenging and Engaging
Virgin America jobs are perfect for people who enjoy a fast-paced environment. Most positions require meeting passenger needs. Individuals who enjoy finding solutions to problems feel right at home.Growing at Virgin America
The company requires workers to provide top-notch service. Entry-level employees able to set themselves apart receive opportunities to advance. These may include pay increases. Commitment turns part-time jobs into fulfilling Virgin America careers.
Employment and Salary Information for Virgin America
Hopefuls need to be 18 years or older to submit Virgin America application forms. Managers highly consider those with open schedules and experience.
Customer Service Agent
- These people are highly organized and have written and verbal communication skills.
- Duties consist of responding to travelers’ needs before and after flights.
- Each employee can expect to make average hourly wages of $13.00.
- Workers in this position earn salary packages of about $35k each year.
- Ensuring the in-flight safety and comfort of passengers is essential.
- Noting knowledge of more than one language on the job application is a plus.
Ground Service Agent
- Employees working this Virgin America job handle luggage, guide aircrafts, and de-ice planes.
- The position is full-time and requires heavy lifting.
- Pay rates start around $14.00 an hour and may increase with experience.
Tips for Applying
Hopefuls can find the Virgin America job application through Alaska Airlines. Knowing how to show a knowledge of company values can improve chances for hire. Make sure all information is accurate and up-to-date when completing forms.
The typical entry-level Virgin America interview process lasts between one and two weeks after candidates apply online. During this time, job seekers may need to sit for multiple phone or in-person meetings.
Benefits of working at Virgin America
Full-time employees have access to a number of job benefits. Certain perks may vary based on the type of Virgin America career.
Some of the employment benefits include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical insurance, including dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off and paid vacations
- Employee discounts
- Salary options
Individuals with part-time schedules won’t always receive job benefits like healthcare coverage. For a better picture of what’s offered, ask hiring managers.
Additional Information about Virgin America
The culture at Alaska Airlines and Virgin America encourages workers to give back. Community service events give employees a sense of pride. The company also hires and supports military veterans.