Vitamin Shoppe maintains over 700 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Offering nutritionally rich products and promoting healthy lifestyles, the company stands among the leaders in the health and wellness industry. Many opportunities remain available for job seekers.
Facts About Working at Vitamin Shoppe
Minimum Age to Work at Vitamin Shoppe: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Vitamin Shoppe?)
Vitamin Shoppe Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Vitamin Shoppe: Part-Time Sales Associate, Full-Time Sales Associate Key Holder, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Field Human Resources Manager, Market Manager
Vitamin Shoppe Job Opportunities
In 1977, the health-conscious chain initiated the journey to become a multi-million dollar specialty nutrition retailer. Surpassing the marker in short time, the company offers a widespread national reach, through which diverse employment hunters may entertain varied career possibilities. Corporate and retail-specific jobs remain available with the nutrition chain, while storefronts offer mostly entry-level opportunities for employment hopefuls. Standard jobs within store retail settings require individuals able to stand for extended durations, reach overhead, and lift weighted objects.
Job hopefuls interested in the health industry with basic knowledge may gain work with the North American retailer. To ensure the effective distribution of knowledge from employees to customers, the retailer offers a full range of training for new workers. Vitamin Shoppe supplies an online multi-course training program in addition to daily employee training sessions to combat the rapidly changing health market. Once trained, workers must use acquired knowledge to become proficient in customer service. Recruiters generally desire individuals possessing functional interpersonal skills and outgoing, positive attitudes. Applicants able to draw on prior knowledge of health-related products and lifestyles may gain consideration over aspirants lacking previous experience.
Vitamin Shoppe Openings and Pay
The health and wellness company prefers candidates with high school diplomas or GED equivalents; however, the chain accepts individuals demonstrating adequate knowledge or experience in lieu of educational accomplishments. Some positions may require valid driving certifications. A list of roles available to individuals seeking meaningful employment with Vitamin Shoppe resides below:
Part-time Health Enthusiast
- Easily accessible by individuals without experience, health enthusiasts fulfill customer needs by minimizing waiting periods and providing current and valuable information about company products and services.
- Daily tasks may include merchandising, operating cash registers, loss prevention, maintaining store cleanliness, and participating in interactive learning and development sessions.
- Varying shift hours offer flexibility for associates; however, newer health enthusiasts should anticipate holiday, night, and weekend hours until seniority status increases.
- Workers may also expect occasional requests to attend different job sites, as needed.
- Health enthusiast pay ranges from minimum wage to $10.00 an hour.
- The key holder position acts as the first step in a string of promotions for part-time health enthusiasts.
- Earning from $9.00 to $13.00 per hour, key holders assist with opening and closing stores, store security, and customer problems.
- Typical responsibilities charged to store managers involve driving sales by educating staff and enforcing sales plans to meet store goals.
- Additional tasks, such as maintaining effective staff, ensuring presentable appearances of stores, and facilitating consistent interaction with upper management, also remain the responsibility of managers.
- Assistant managers run store operations in the absence of higher authority and take on basic duties in the presence of upper management.
- Store managers earn yearly salary packages ranging from $35,000 to $60,000, while assistant store managers earn between $13.00 and $20.00 hourly.
Tips For Applying
Offering swift application creation, Vitamin Shoppe allows users to craft online profiles from existing social media websites. Individuals wishing to build profiles without existing content may fill out the online form from scratch, which may take up to an hour to complete. Paper forms also bear benefits for candidates, as applicants must retrieve and turn in the applications in person. Individuals should wear appropriate dress and ask to give applications to any managers on duty. Hiring faculty typically favor aspirants with open scheduling availability and positive records from past work experience.
Online and in-person applications require motivated and driven candidates to follow up with potential employers. Usually done by phone, checking in on application statuses often provides the extra edge against competition. Candidates may also request to speak with hiring managers in person to display additional interests. As the most effective way to ensure interview candidacy, following up after application submission also provides prospective employees with vital timeframe information. While wait times for interviews and official hire dates vary due to location and recruiting needs, many applicants report average interview-to-hire periods of up to two weeks.
Benefits of Working at Vitamin Shoppe
Job benefits for associates center on wellness, as the company excels in the industry. Unique perks include on-site fitness centers, health and fitness programs, and discounts on various in-store products. Traditional work benefits remain available for eligible employees, as well, which include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Short-term disability coverage, and
- Employee stock purchasing programs.
Individuals seeking healthcare coverage enjoy access to medical, dental, and vision insurance. Additional employee benefits involve cell phone discount plans, pet insurance, and inclusion in the global fit program.
Further Details about Vitamin Shoppe
The health and wellness retail chain cares about the well being of customers, staff, and the general public. Multiple health-oriented charities benefit from the generous company. For instance, Vitamin Shoppe raised over $1 million for the non-profit organization Vitamin Angels. The not-for-profit social collective provided about 24 million children with crucial nutrients in 2010 alone. Vitamin Shoppe continues to support other charitable functions, like the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Community Food Bank of New Jersey, Kids In Distressed Situations, and many other local health and wellness charities upon request.