Vitamin World operates as a leading nutrition-oriented retailer in the United States. Conceptualized in the early 1960s and opened in the mid-1970s, the chain of wellness shops creates thousands of opportunities for lucrative employment in various part-time and full-time roles.
Facts About Working at Vitamin World
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Vitamin World?)
Available Positions: Retail Sales Associate, Cashier, Key Holder, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Vitamin World Job Opportunities
Quality products and exceptional customer service represent major pillars of operations at Vitamin World stores. More than 400 company locations promote organically sourced products made from pure ingredients found across all seven continents. In the vein of promoting the best product lines available, the retailer primarily hires individuals able to bring out the best in patrons and accurately aid customers in achieving health and fitness goals. Employees must remain sensitive to the specific fitness goals of each shopper and exercise patience, tact, and understanding at all times.
The sales-centric work environments hinge on knowledgeable and motivated associates passionate about sports and nutrition, in general. Each location maintains one or two sales personnel on staff at any given time, with a manager providing administrative support. Workers with backgrounds in sports, health and wellness, or dietetics prior to employment may gain an edge over other applicants during the hiring process. Vitamin World traditionally places entry-level employees into part-time schedules upon hire. With experience, associates may gain access to full-time hours and/or consideration for supervisory or managerial roles.
Vitamin World Positions and Pay Scales Information
Flexible scheduling, career development programs, ongoing and paid training, and competitive pay scales headline some of the advantages of working for the nationally renowned health and wellness retail chain. In order to qualify for available jobs, prospective employees must stand at least 16 years of age. The vitamin store may prefer to hire workers without ongoing prior commitments and reliable means of transportation, which caters to individuals 18 and over. Some of the most common job titles available include:
- Sales associate jobs require no formal backgrounds in sales or retail for employment consideration.
- General health and fitness knowledge and personable attitudes prove more valuable to hiring personnel, in most cases.
- Workers often assume part-time schedules and make between minimum wage and $9.00 an hour, on average.
- Daily tasks center on customer service.
- Additional responsibilities include operating cash registers, stocking shelves, receiving and processing shipments, and taking inventory.
- Employee success primarily depends on sales skills.
- Dedicated Vitamin World employees may move up the ranks to assume assistant manager or store manager jobs with experience and proven work ethics.
- Outside applicants may also find work as managers, depending on skills, abilities, and backgrounds.
- Assistant managers regularly work both part-time and full-time.
- The position includes supervising entry-level associates, setting employee schedules, and hiring and training staff members.
- Store managers also hire and train new employees in addition to driving sales, marketing, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- The retail chain provides comprehensive training to managerial associates focusing on products and brands sold in store and effective sales tactics.
- Pay scales for assistant managers fall around $9.00 or $10.00 per hour.
- Store managers receive annual salary options sitting in excess of $30,000.
Tips For Applying
Workers typically fill out paper applications for available entry-level positions in store at nearby Vitamin World locations. Careers in management remain accessible through the company website under the Career Opportunities tab. Visiting locations in person may make stronger impressions regarding potential jobs, regardless of position, than simply applying online. Complete the required hiring forms legibly and as truthfully as possible. Individuals with experience in health and fitness, athletics, or other related subject matters should indicate as so in the appropriate areas of the necessary employment documents. Some managerial positions may require background checks.
Most sales associate candidates receive formal review within a week or so of submitting the required employment forms. Aspiring managers may not receive contact from the retail chain for up to a month. In between submission of applications and notice regarding employment, workers may phone, email, or visit locations to check on hiring status. Telephone calls and onsite visits represent the most direct ways to contact managers regarding specific positions available. Carry out follow-up efforts outside of peak business hours to avoid frustrating or inconveniencing management.
Benefits of Working at Vitamin World
Equal opportunity and inclusive work environments play to the benefit of prospective and current employees. Associates enjoy paid training, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and solid discounts on products and services. Vitamin World job benefits also include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug insurance plans
- Company-matched 401(k) retirement plans
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Discounted gym memberships
- Smoking cessation assistance, and
- Flexible spending accounts.
Employment benefits remain most widely available to workers in full-time positions; however, specific eligibility and distribution vary job title to job title and hours per pay period.
More Details on Vitamin World
As a way to give back to surrounding communities, the vitamin retail shop manages two charitable called Helping Hands and Vitamin Angels. Helping Hands primarily raises money and resources for people in impoverished situations, while Vitamin Angels donates supplements to underdeveloped countries. Vitamin Angels primary targets include children without access to basic healthcare or wellness education.