A luxury hotel brand, W Hotels promises unique experiences, architecture, and amenities at each location throughout the world. Job seekers with interest or previous experience in the hospitality industry tend to fare well in obtaining entry-level and career-oriented positions.
Facts About Working at W Hotels
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at W Hotels?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Agent, Housekeeper, Maintenance Technician, Bell Person, Customer Service Representative, Concierge, Valet Attendant, Food and Beverage Associate, Cook, Banquet House Attendant, Server, Bar Attendant, Bartender, Spa Attendant, Massage Therapist, Nail Technician, Room Attendant, Inventory Clerk, Guest Services Associate, Receptionist, Catering Sales Manager, Welcome Office Manager, Operations Manager
W Hotels Employment Prospects
An understanding of the history of W Hotels may also prove advantageous to work seekers. Combining luxury guest services with emphasis on personality, style, and reliability, the first location opened in New York, NY, in 1998, and launched the success of the brand. The chain hires seasoned professionals to oversee operations, which include onsite restaurants and bars staffed by renowned chefs. Entry-level associates enjoy extensive training and opportunities to learn from leaders in the industry. Conveying an understanding of the reputation of the hotel and demonstrating commitment to value may earn candidates additional hiring consideration.
Over 50 W Hotels locations stand in North America, the Caribbean, South America, the Middle East, Asia, and Europe. Work opportunities around the world consistently become available to job seekers as the brand continues expansion. Each property requires many workers with diverse skill sets and abilities, so individuals with histories of employment in industries such as foodservice, retail, management, maintenance, and several others may receive preference for hire. The hotel chain places special emphasis on customer service. As a result, outgoing and charismatic job hopefuls may gain favor with hiring personnel, as the ability to forge connections with customers benefits candidates greatly during the screening process.
W Hotels Positions and Salary Packages
Depending on the desired position and factors like the sale of alcohol, interested applicants must stand 18 or 21 years of age to receive consideration for available work. Additionally, many positions require job hopefuls to hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents. Pursuing work with international locations may necessitate bilingualism, as well. The following positions remain within reach of entry-level job candidates:
Front Desk Agent
- Though individuals with one to two years of experience in the hospitality industry may receive preference, any person with interests in customer service and working closely with diverse guests may qualify for front desk agent jobs.
- The position requires candidates to maintain the physical shape necessary for standing for the duration of work shifts.
- Applicants also need to possess developed computer, communication, and telephone skills.
- Front desk agents greet guests upon arrival, handle registrations and check-in, direct guest inquiries to the appropriate personnel, answer phones, book reservations, issue keycards, facilitate checkout, and process payments.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, front desk jobs pay average hourly wages of $12.00 to $16.00, depending on seniority and experience.
- Comparable to housekeepers, room stylists maintain the overall cleanliness of the hotel.
- As room stylists must keep irregular schedules, interested candidates should hold open availability for morning, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- A physically taxing job, the position of room stylist involves regularly lifting up to 75 pounds, standing, pushing, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, and stretching in order to complete assigned tasks.
- Available as full-time, part-time, or seasonal positions, room stylist jobs pay between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Regular responsibilities include cleaning bathrooms, replenishing toiletries and towels, making beds, removing dirty linens for laundering, vacuuming, dusting, removing trash and recycling from rooms, fulfilling specific guest requests, and performing deep-cleaning duties as necessary.
Tips For Applying
Qualified and interested individuals must create profiles with the job hosting platform found at the career section of the company website in order to apply online. Collecting the necessary data regarding contact information, employer histories, and educational backgrounds before starting may expedite the application process. Candidates also encounter opportunities to attach resumes to online applications. An effective resume highlights the past experiences and skills most relevant to the desired positon in order to make the strongest case possible for deserving the job.
Job hopefuls retain the option of calling, visiting, or emailing hiring personnel to inquire about application statuses. Checking in with managers may demonstrate responsibility, motivation, and desire for available work. Candidates may also check the status of applications via the job hosting platform online. Simply provide the appropriate login information to access the profile wherein all submitted applications remain listed. Taking advantage of online status checks provides an ideal way to show respect for hiring managers, who may or may not possess the time to discuss submitted applications in person.
Benefits of Working at W Hotels
W Hotels offers comprehensive employee benefits packages for full-time and part-time workers. The company makes stock purchase plans, 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, associate discounts, and free meals available to qualifying employees. Medical benefits generally include:
- Vision, and
- Dental plans as well as life and disability insurance.
Additionally, associates enjoy paid training and opportunities for career advancement into positions with increased responsibilities and salary potential.
More Information on W Hotels
Individuals planning significant life events, like weddings and honeymoons, frequently turn to W Hotels. Special rooms and amenities help make everything special, from the proposal to the reception. Guests may take advantage of on-the-spot engagement parties, customized websites where couples track RSVPs to the big event and post photos, specialized gourmet menus prepared by renowned chefs, and relaxing bachelor and bachelorette party options.